Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 17 Feb 18, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

NCL - general questions

we're booked on NCL Jewel in Alaska in September and have a few questions if anyone who's sailed recently can help with, please?

Hubby drinks LOTS of water and you're not allowed to take water on board and bottled water isn't included in the Ultimate Beverage Package that he has, do they still provide chilled / filtered water with meals and/or is there a self serve water dispenser on board?

The Ultimate Beverage Package (was included as a freebie when booking last year) - heard several different things about him still having to pay gratuity for every drink he has as it's not included like other cruise line packages, some people say as we booked the cruise in the UK we don't have to pay gratuity on drinks and others say there's no gratuity for any drink included in the package, so really confused!

any other pointers / tips? Not been reading good things about NCL in Alaska with poor customer service and 'Nickel and Diming' so having second thoughts...
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 05:29 AM  
Link to this Post
CC71
Apprentice Imagineer

CC71's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi, we have cruised with NCL three times and have had the free ultimate beverage package on each occasion, if you have booked in the UK there are no gratuities to pay as it’s included in the package at no cost to you. It’s different for US bookings however and that’s where people get confused I think. Regarding the bottled water issue, NCL include 1 bottle per day, per person ( provided you both have the package) and this is in your cabin upon arrival, so 7 bottles for a seven day cruise for each person with the package. I like lots of water too and we were always swimming in it in the restaurants and by bar would give a glass or cup of iced water to go too! I have found that slot of people on a certain well known cruise forum like to moan about NCL but we have only had great cruises with them and have found having a drinks package and gratuities included in our fare plus other freebies such as OBC has made them very good value in our opinion and we have found the staff to be great and always worthy of an extra cash tip at the end of the cruise ( not in any way expected if you have the all inclusive but we felt compelled as the crew were lovely) whilst we haven’t been on the Sun I wouldn’t hesitate to do another NCL cruise and I hope you have a fabulous time!
Old 18 Feb 18, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

thanks for confirming that - hubby said he'd read that somewhere but I was concerned they'd stick us with a bill at the end!
We haven't paid our normal gratuities (don't get them included) as we booked this last Feb with £100 deposit with the thought that we may or may not follow through.
It was a FB group for DCL Alaska that got me a bit worried but you've put my mind at ease now as we did book in the UK. thanks
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Yeahhhhh good news