Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 3 Jan 18, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

The BIG Florida Return - 21st August 2017 Day 6

Day 6

The alarm was set for 7 this morning for our first day at Disney. Finally!
First up was breakfast by the pool.

My favourite view

We left the villa at 8.30 stopping first at Fort Wilderness Resort to pick up our Magic Bands and parking pass. I had booked a one night stay which was a total bargain as we got 10 magic bands, 2 days parking and FPs at 60 days all for $59!

We found it very easy and didn't even need to get out of the car. Just pulled up to the entrance hut where it was all waiting for us!
A quick u-turn and we were on our way to Hollywood Studios.
It looked busy but were soon parked up in Music 52.
We took the Tram to the entrance where we met up with the Leans and Bill & Sylvia.

First stop was to Guest Services where we sorted out Sean's DAS pass and linked all our Magic Bands to it.
A quick side note. We really only used this a couple of times over the 2 weeks. It didn’t really sit comfortable with me as the kids and I are perfectly able to queue but Disney do allow all members of the same group to be linked to it but it still didn't feel right.

We headed for Rock n Roller Coaster first but it was down so instead went to watch the 10am showing of Beauty and the Beast show. I hadn't seen this before so was looking forward to it. What can I say, I loved it! I may have even shed a little tear as it’s hands down my favourite Disney film of all time

Our FP had opened up now for Tower of Terror so was a quick stroll next door.

The FP queue was still quite long but thankfully moved fairly quickly. Sean was freaking out about the ride making everyone around us crack up.

He's ridden this loads and loved it so we weren't being mean making him go on it. He watches every ride on You Tube over and over so knew the words on the TV screen off by heart much to the amusement of those around us.
Soon we were seated in our lift. I admit to being a little scared now!
Loved it, even though my face says something different!

We needed refuelling so went to go and get a drink and snack.

I had forgotten Starring Rolls had shut so went to Starbucks instead.
Hope had a vanilla creme with a very healthy chocolate chip cookie, Sam a double chocolate creme with a sausage and egg muffin, Jim a cappuccino with a sausage and egg muffin and I got a strawberry acai and also a sausage and egg muffin
$40 altogether! Daylight flipping robbery
It went down a treat though
We sat on the tables outside Starring Rolls whilst eating and watched the world go by.

Next we headed to Toy Story for our next FP but first watched the Star Wars show as it was just starting. Now I’m not a Star Wars fan in the SLIGHTEST, in fact I've never watched a film and up until recently I thought Storm Troopers were the goodies but I can appreciate why it’s got such a huge fan base.

The show was very well done.

Walked over to Pixar Place to ride Toy Story Mania.

Sean insisted I went on with him, he was beyond excited!

Queue excitement

I got 92,700 and Sean 42,400. Nick won overall with 162,000. Jim was not a happy bunny that Nick had beat him! It was hilarious, he had a little strop and insisted his gun wasn’t working

I wanted to go to One Mans Dream next as was keen to show the kids where it all began.

Being typical teens they were trying to rush us through but I wasn't having any of it. I loved all of the models and reading about how Disneyland was very first imagined.

We then went into the film at the end. It was very interesting and quite moving in parts.

Next up was the Chewbacca meet and greet. It was showing a 30 minute line but Jim was desperate to meet his fave so we waited.

This was a fab interaction. Even at 38 years old Jim was so happy to have met his hero! I think this made up for losing at TSM

Our last Fast Pass was now open for Star Tours so we walked over in that direction.

I'm not sure of the story as like I said earlier I've never watched a Star Wars film in my life but it was a great ride. I did come off feeling a bit sick though.

Feeling peckish we got some lunch next. We opted for Backlot Express as it was next door.

The kids both had chicken nuggets and fries, me and Jim a chilli hotdog and fries each. $42 altogether.
Standard theme park fare but filled a hole.

Bill and Sylvia went back to the villa now and took Sam with them as he was starting to feel a bit ill. I think he just needed to get out of the sun and lie down for a bit.

The others wanted to go on RnRC now so we thought we would have enough time to ride it before having to leave for the airport to pick my parents up.
On the way we stopped to see the eclipse at 2.51pm.
Some kind Americans leant us their solar glasses so we could see it properly.

This was as good a photo as I could get

It was very impressive but would have been more so had we been further north.

I chickened out of RnRC so did the natural thing for me and went shopping instead
I bought a Thomas Kinkade puzzle and Jim a Star Wars t shirt

I was trying to find some of the elusive rose gold Minnie ears but unsurprisingly no shop had them in stock. Bummer!
After 20 minutes I met back up with the others. They had all enjoyed the ride, some a little more than others!

Loving Sean's face

I was very happy as I finally found the spot to take this photo of the guitar and Tower of Terror. I couldn't work out where it was earlier!

It was 3.20 now and Mum and Dad had just landed so Jim and I made our way to MCO. Hope went back with the Leans as she was eager to get into the pool.

The journey took about 30 mins up the I4.
We parked in side A and made our way into the terminal. It's a huge airport, you only see a small amount before when arriving!
After checking what gate they were arriving at we headed in the direction of gate 83.
We based ourselves by the fountains prepared for a long wait if the recent reports of immigration were to go by. I popped to get a drink from the newsagent and suddenly heard mum call my name. Perfect timing!
It was so good to see them They had a great flight with Virgin sat up in the bubble.
They were in the exit row seats and luckily the seat next to dad remained free so had all 3 to themselves.

We caught them up on all the news of the first week on the way back to the parking garage.
They were very impressed with my huge car, wondering how on earth I was able to drive it! The luggage of course fit in easily.
It was a good drive back to the villa, took about 30 minutes again down the 417.

After showing mum and dad their room and around the villa we had a lazy couple of hours catching up around the pool.
None of us could be bothered to go out for dinner, least of all mum and dad so decided to fire up the BBQ.

Jim and I went up to Publix for food via Walgreens to pick up a canister of gas, $25 for a refill. We bought some burgers, ribs, cooked chicken, rolls and salad bits. With loo roll as well it came to $114! We couldn’t believe the price hike of some of the food in Publix. $3.50 for 3 beef tomatoes
Thinking of going to Costco to stock up as we are going through soft drinks, water, beer and loo roll very quickly!

Once back Nick quickly started up the BBQ and did us all dinner, bless him.
This was perfect and just what we all needed. Sorry no photos we were enjoying it too much!
Mum and Dad made it till 9 before going to bed, we weren't far behind them at 10 before we turned in

It had been a really great day!

IG - alicialanesmith

Edited at 05:44 PM.
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Looks like you all had fun at HS. I love the ride photos people on rock and roller coaster. They are always hilarious. We have an absolutely dreadful one where I look like I've had a major face lift! It's so funny. Your mum and dad did well to last until 9pm, you've got a houseful now!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Looks like you all had fun at HS. I love the ride photos people on rock and roller coaster. They are always hilarious. We have an absolutely dreadful one where I look like I've had a major face lift! It's so funny. Your mum and dad did well to last until 9pm, you've got a houseful now!
I'm so sorry Abby I have only just seen this reply!
I feel we are on first name terms now
I know they are always hilarious, I even have the one from our first trip in 2015 framed in the living room just to prove I went on it
We certainly do have a houseful now, a lot of fun was had but it also came with its fair share of problems too...!
Thank you for reading, Day 7 is now up

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
I'm so sorry Abby I have only just seen this reply!
I feel we are on first name terms now
I know they are always hilarious, I even have the one from our first trip in 2015 framed in the living room just to prove I went on it
We certainly do have a houseful now, a lot of fun was had but it also came with its fair share of problems too...!
Thank you for reading, Day 7 is now up
Definitely first name terms! Plus, from the trip reports, you probably know more about my previous holidays than Dave or the kids who were actually on the holiday...their recollection of the holiday is dreadful.

I'm even more avidly reading your report now as I think I have convinced my mum and dad, brothe, sister in law and their 2 boys to come to wdw next year, or possibly the year after, more importantly Dave has agreed to the plan, he had one request - no family name t shirts! The boys are 5 and 3 now, so would be 7 and 4 by next summer, the parents would be nearly 70 so it would be a real mix of ages. Anyway, as I said I'm trying to look for tips and wondering how people do it in such large groups so that everyone gets to do what they want.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Definitely first name terms! Plus, from the trip reports, you probably know more about my previous holidays than Dave or the kids who were actually on the holiday...their recollection of the holiday is dreadful.

I'm even more avidly reading your report now as I think I have convinced my mum and dad, brothe, sister in law and their 2 boys to come to wdw next year, or possibly the year after, more importantly Dave has agreed to the plan, he had one request - no family name t shirts! The boys are 5 and 3 now, so would be 7 and 4 by next summer, the parents would be nearly 70 so it would be a real mix of ages. Anyway, as I said I'm trying to look for tips and wondering how people do it in such large groups so that everyone gets to do what they want.
😂😂 sounds a bit like my lot, their memory is shocking!
Ooh exciting! Funnily enough Jim said that exact thing about not having matching t-shirts. He did lose that argument as I went ahead and hand made them then guilt tripped him into wearing it as I had put such a lot of effort in
He agreed to wear it for one photopass picture then it was straight off again

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 22 Jan 18, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
😂😂 sounds a bit like my lot, their memory is shocking!
Ooh exciting! Funnily enough Jim said that exact thing about not having matching t-shirts. He did lose that argument as I went ahead and hand made them then guilt tripped him into wearing it as I had put such a lot of effort in
He agreed to wear it for one photopass picture then it was straight off again
Oh that's hilarious about the t shirt.

Old 4 Feb 18, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Wow. Great that you got on all the headliners at DHS and nifty idea with the cheapy room booking. I think BBQs by the pool are fab - much as I love eating out, there is something just so " holiday" about those lazy evenings round the grill. Good that your parents had a nice flight.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Aah great day you sound like you had a great time getting the right balance between park time & family relax time is important I think

Now off to read more x
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Wow. Great that you got on all the headliners at DHS and nifty idea with the cheapy room booking. I think BBQs by the pool are fab - much as I love eating out, there is something just so " holiday" about those lazy evenings round the grill. Good that your parents had a nice flight.
It really is so lovely relaxing by the pool especially after a busy day. Sometimes we just couldn't be bothered to drag ourselves back out again!

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 19 Feb 18, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridafour View Post
Aah great day you sound like you had a great time getting the right balance between park time & family relax time is important I think

Now off to read more x
Thank you, it was tough to get the right balance especially with different age groups involved. I hope I got it right

IG - alicialanesmith