Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Feb 18, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

My daughter (quite innocently) listed a pair of very well worn stilettos with metal heels. She had a surprising amount of interest in them (!)

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 18, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Feebee2 View Post
Oh there was an excellent market in well worn shoes once. My sister's friend one listed a pair of worn cycle shorts and got £70 for them. The mind boggles!
It certainly does ;-)
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Michyloulou View Post
DD sorted through her wardrobe the other day (she is trying to make herself a bit of extra cash) and asked if she could list some old (but good quality) clothes & others bits on EBay.
All listed, but today I received an email from EBay saying one of the listings has been deleted as it’s not in keeping with “the spirit of their goals in maintaining a clean marketplace”. The item which has been removed is 3 pairs of girls football socks (all washed, barely used - in fact 1 pair of them had never been worn). DD has tried out football training as her brother went, but she’s quite petite compared to the others on her team & didn’t like the roughness, not to mention cold training evenings, so decided it wasn’t for her - fair enough- and hence the reason why the socks are no longer required.
Ebay’s email has flabbergasted me to be honest. Firstly you can see the socks are clean (almost pristine), and secondly, surely the same ruling should apply to other clothes. Why are used socks any different to any other used garments - surely it’s the same principle here? I can understand not wanting used underwear to be listed. DD was quite upset - told her I’d sell them for her at our next car boot, or on Facebook.
Who on earth would buy somebody else’s used socks! I am with eBay, I think it is yuk.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
princessgem
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Has anyone watched last weeks episode of modern family.. talking of worn shoes 😂😂

2015: Art of Animation + Hard Rock
princessgem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

One of my housemates at uni had the most disgusting pair of Converses- canvas and plastic both split, flapping soles, stained with mud, stinky! - and when she finally got rid of them she had the bright idea to list them online. £150.
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Plato View Post
Sadly lots of perverts about that would enjoy buying some young person's used socks, albeit washed.

I am sure you would not want to profit from someone's fetish with your children's clothes.
I think it’s more a case of hygiene rather than pervs.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
My daughter (quite innocently) listed a pair of very well worn stilettos with metal heels. She had a surprising amount of interest in them (!)
So it’s OK for daughter to have these shoes, but not for others to look at with a view to buying them? Are you prejudging the potential buyers? They can’t see the condition until they view the piccies.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by PPM View Post
So it’s OK for daughter to have these shoes, but not for others to look at with a view to buying them? Are you prejudging the potential buyers? They can’t see the condition until they view the piccies.
Don’t quite understand this response. I was not making any value judgment, just commenting on the odd worn things people seem to want to buy on eBay.
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Rockette
Apprentice Imagineer

It can be a bit of a perv's paradise on there. My friend listed a few pairs of girls trainers and got all sorts of messages asking for pictures of someone wearing them with dirty socks or standing in puddles and would pay extra if they made them really muddy.

1982:I-Drive 2007:I-Drive 2009:I-Drive 2010:POR 2011:OKW 2012:BCV/AKV 2013:BCV/VB/OKW, BCR/BWV 2014:SSR/BCV, WBTA/NYC 2015:BCV, BCV/OKW 2016:BWV, WBTA/BCV 2017:VWL/BCV, MED CRUISE, FANTASY/BLT/BCV 2018:BRV/BWV, AKV/CARIBBEAN CRUISE/BWV 2019:BWV/VB/EBTA,BCV 2022:RIV/BWV, BWV, VB/CRUISE/SSR 2023:Mexico, RIV/BWV, Med Cruise, WBTA 2024 BLT
Rockette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
shauney
Imagineer

Just be careful if you do relist them in a different category. If for whatever reason the listing gets nuked again then your account may be sanctioned.
shauney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List