Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 17 Feb 18, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile Taking currency cards for spends.

Hi,

We are off again to DLP at easter! Can’t wait! We usually take all cash but I’m thinking of giving a currency card a try. My idea is to transfer money onto it on a daily basis and withdraw it from a ATM machine. The final night of our holiday we are checking into the adagio and I need to pay for the room on arrival so I was thinking I could just use the pre paid currency card. Anybody see any problems with what I have suggested?

I can just transfer money every day from bank account to card and withdraw it. That is my plan!
I would be worried the machine keeps my card for some reason although I would take a CC just in case!

Are there plenty ATM machines to use?

Anyone recommend any cards?

I will take some cash too. The reason I am wanting to do this is we will be taking more money than usual with prices going up and paying for hotel room.

Thanks.
mrsbenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Why get the money out? Just use the card.

We load our FairFx up before we go and then use it everywhere. We do take some cash as well.

When you are onsite you can charge everything to your room and pay it off when you like.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Why get the money out? Just use the card.

We load our FairFx up before we go and then use it everywhere. We do take some cash as well.

When you are onsite you can charge everything to your room and pay it off when you like.
I think I’m worried about it being cloned lol. I suppose I could load it up every couple of days and just use the card. I will also take a couple of hundred cash.

Do you use the card in the restaurants no problem?

Do you get a PIN number to use with card?
mrsbenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I've used Revolut in dlp. It's contactless (up to €20) or chip and pin. Used it in an atm (choosing local currency to get the card's better exchange rate) just to test it out, and both contactless and chip and pin, with no worries at all. Same deal, you top it up by your debit card. Also the second you use it, the app sends and alert to your phone. So if someone cloned it, and used it, you'd know right away and could put a stop on it. Xx
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sarryb View Post
I've used Revolut in dlp. It's contactless (up to €20) or chip and pin. Used it in an atm (choosing local currency to get the card's better exchange rate) just to test it out, and both contactless and chip and pin, with no worries at all. Same deal, you top it up by your debit card. Also the second you use it, the app sends and alert to your phone. So if someone cloned it, and used it, you'd know right away and could put a stop on it. Xx
Brill , thanks. X
Old 18 Feb 18, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
SavaSnoopy
Helping Minnie

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
I used Revoult for almost everything in DLP. It felt odd not to take many Euros and come back with them all
SavaSnoopy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

why bother with the revolt card , if you have credit card then you may be able to use that with no fees (depending on card).
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
SavaSnoopy
Helping Minnie

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
For me I have a better exchange rate than using a bank card. Use whichever works best
SavaSnoopy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
clucky
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We’re just back and used the Revolut card, it worked fine mainly, but we did have problems in the train stations - neither the machines nor the actual ticket booths took the card, weirdly, also had a problem in Superdry in the Val d’ Europe outlet mall.

Everywhere else was fine, but it could be worth noting in case you’ll need train tickets.
Old 19 Feb 18, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

We charged everything to our room and used our FairFx card to pay it off.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List