Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Feb 18, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsChunkyBager
Proud to wear my Ears

We’ve found that the best way is just to make sure that people know that they don’t have to be together all the time, and allow people to split off and do their own things. Even with two cars there might be times someone wants to just stay in the villa or somewhere by themselves (as an introvert this is normally me), or get an Uber to somewhere else.

1997 - Carribean Beach Resort
2000 - Rosen Inn 2012 - Doubletree SeaWorld
2018 - Yacht Club
2024 - Pop Century
MrsChunkyBager is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Our trip last year was 7 and the only thing that really grated on me was indecisiveness and waiting for them to be ready in the morning . Was no way around it without being blunt
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Tequila!
arosiem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsChunkyBager View Post
We’ve found that the best way is just to make sure that people know that they don’t have to be together all the time, and allow people to split off and do their own things. Even with two cars there might be times someone wants to just stay in the villa or somewhere by themselves (as an introvert this is normally me), or get an Uber to somewhere else.
I'll echo this. We realised after day two that it would not work if we all waited to leave at the same time. We had two cars and arrived and left the parks at different times and did not feel we all had to keep together at the parks either. It was family with us and it only worked out because we had two cars.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We had a party of seven, five adults and two children.
We had a good sized villa on Emerald Island with enough bathrooms. We had two vehicles both big enough for us all.
I’d say trying to do everything all together for the whole holiday is a recipe for tension!
The getting out in the morning was a bit of an issue some days. My sil complained that we’d never made it to MK for the opening show. We all turned to look at her 😀.
We should have had more flexibilty at meal times and been prepared to split up for those times when some just wanted a sandwich and some wanted a full meal. At mealtimes we just split the cost between the five adults, so covering the cost for the kids. DH paid and we kept a tab which the others sorted out. We paid for our own snacks as we went along.
From our experience you need enough planning to get things done but not so much that people feel rushed. As the Disney veteran I was sometimes overly concerned with doing when it was sometimes enough for those who hadn’t been before just to be there and look.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I have done a plan for us all but i know MIL and FIL wont be doing some of the parks so they will just sort themselves out. I am going to be strict about getting out in the morning.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

i admire family group for even attempting it

i really dont think i could do it, especially sharing a villa ...

im sure most have a great time but i know after a couple of days i would be reaching for the gin/luger ...
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
stephy
Imagineer

Mobile

You have mirrored our holiday exactly. I am the organiser/planner. 11 people, villa, 2 cars, 1 pot for shopping. We are deciding where to eat at every meal time before we go so it saves people arguing over where to eat once we’re there. On my planner is the times that we have to leave the villa on a morning which everyone has agreed. We always do it this way and have never had a problem yet. Im the early riser so i have the downstairs bedroom so I don’t wake everyone else whilst showering etc. We love going in big groups
stephy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney2010
Imagineer

Disney2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Accept the fact that you will fall out at some point. I love my family to bits but 2 weeks in a confined space is a recipe for even the best of friends to fall out. We find if we are honest & say "I'm a bit tired & cranky today, sorry." works wonders. I hate if everyone pretends to be fine - People will be too warm, people will have sore feet... It just happens. But you'll go to bed & get some sleep & everyone will be friends again in the morning
Old 19 Feb 18, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
i admire family group for even attempting it

i really dont think i could do it, especially sharing a villa ...

im sure most have a great time but i know after a couple of days i would be reaching for the gin/luger ...
I did look at the 2 car plan but it won't work for us (I agree it's the best way usually) so the budget has allowed for Uber's,The villa is very close to Disney so we can make it work, I may just need to slap OH occasionally when he gets grumpy (or just leave him by the villa pool to catch us up later). DIL and the kids are only with us for a week and the teen ogre has been informed any teenage strops will result in getting dumped in the pool already
I'll make it work , it's my wedding as well and I'm thrilled they can join us (even if when they get hooked it's going to cost us a fortune in the future lol)

Edited at 12:04 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List