Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 5 Jul 17, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
We booked in advance the first time and they had obviously never encountered this before. It took a lot of phone calls and persuading, and I had to scan a picture of my card and email it to them.

Second time we were staying at the DLH on the Welsh Festival weekend in March. We decided on a whim that afternoon to do it that night, booked and paid with only an hour to go!

The invitation says what time to arrive at the bar. They bring you through into the restaurant about an hour later. Then they take you up in the private lift in time for the show.

I describe it in my March 2015 trippie (link in my sig). Sorry for lack of photos, Photobucket has just changed its t&cs and blocked third party sharing.
Just read your trippie; it sounds so magical! Definitely tempted to do this - although we all have summer birthdays, so no excuses for a huge treat like this on our next trip. It will be Christmas though, so maybe that could be my justification, assuming it's on and we can get it booked.
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tink75 View Post
It said just to book when you are there with the Concierge Elodie. I don't think you'll have an issue getting in especially if you are booking a night or two ahead.

The only issue could be if it's not on! I'm sure the last package wasn't on all the time. Not sure with this one. Why don't you email the DLH and ask?
I hope it is on. I wonder when it would be a good time to ask the DLH, i.e. how far in advance they decide when to have it on. I'm thinking we'd have a good chance it will be on the week before Christmas, but also a good chance it will get booked up quickly then.
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Sorry to bump this thread.
I just discovered this offer and to me it's just mindblowing, what a cool experience!
Anyway, does anybody know whether it's still on at the moment or in 2018 in general? I just mailed the Disneyland Hotel to ask, but wanted to ask here as well in case anybody did it or heard/read from it recently.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
They really don’t publicise it and are not used to people wanting to book it ahead of time. You could phone and ask but it took a lot of faff before I found someone who knew about it!

Apparently it is now called ‘A Sparkling Experience’.

Edited at 07:16 PM.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Got a reply from the hotel:
The Sparkling experience will be available on 2018 but we invite you to contact us back two months before your arrival to check the availabilities and the prices.
Old 9 Feb 18, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Like Gill and Peter we have done similar in the past. Our view was after the meal at Le Club Actionnaires – Shareholders Club which is close to the Castle Club check in desks. We had a totally uninterrupted view right down Main Street and were given complimentary glasses of champagne whilst we were watching.
Old 13 Feb 18, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
I'm a total newbie to DLP - never, ever been and have no idea what to expect. BUT this does sound like it would be a good treat for my daughter who is having her hen party at DLP in November. She does not know anything about it - all she is aware is that she has to give me her passport! As she is a bit obsessed with Disney - would this be a good thing to invest in or would there be something else that might suit a group of about 9 "ladies"?
Old 13 Feb 18, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Well, you might at least have to skip the cocktail and the wine which is included in the price and I don't think they go down with the price if you don't want the alcoholic drinks since it's a fixed package. Also, the food in California Grill is awesome (from what I read and saw, I did not try it yet), but I don't know if so suitable for children. And again - if you would prefer having chicken nuggets instead of all the fancy food, they certainly would serve it for you, but won't change the price of the package.

It's definitely a cool experience, but I feel kids will not valuate it. It would cost you like 2000€ if you book it for 9 plus yourself!
Old 13 Feb 18, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

We saw a girl of about 10 doing the package with her father. Drinks and menu were adjusted but I don’t know what the price was.

However, the whole thing takes about four hours or more, so if you are not particularly into gourmet food it might be a long night.

We have seen plenty of children in Cali Grill though, and the staff really engage them. But they would need to be the type of child who enjoys that kind of thing.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow, so long?
Can you go into some more detail please? Which part of the experience takes how long?
I would like to go in September - I guess Illuminations starts at 8:30pm. I also guess you don't have to end the experience with Illuminations but could interrupt the dinner, right? If I plan with four hours I would say 18:00 Café Fantasia, 19:00 California Grill (up to main course), 20:30 Illuminations, 21:00 California Grill (dessert).
How does that sound to you?