Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Sep 17, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Shopperholic
Trainee Dibber

Dibbers favourite lego theme.

With the new forum, i thought it would be interesting to see what Dibbers favourite lego themes are.

As an adult my first set was the Parisian Restaurant and there started my modular collection. Alas missing the first few sets as by that time they were retired and cost a fortune.

As theme park lovers we also had to purchase the Mixer and Ferris Wheel and intend to get the new Carousel.

The Disney castle and Disney cmf's were a forgone conclusion. And we have a number of the small Disney princess sets.

Dh loves Star Wars and is currently trying to think where we could possibly put the new Millenium Falcon.

We all love R2D2 and Walle and have a few of the small architectural sets that act as momentos of places we have visited.

So what themes are must haves for you?
Shopperholic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Apart from the Disney castle which is obviously amazing I love my Big Bang Theory set. It wasn't the hardest build but I've been to a taping so it reminds me of that evening every time I look at it.

We also buy Lego architecture for places we've been. The London and New York skylines sit on our fireplace as they're our favourites.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Just currently bought the Chicago Architecture set as we have been in the past and will be there again next year.

I also have the Capitol Building (Washington DC) but it's still in the box waiting to be built.

Edited at 10:16 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Same Geoffa, we went on a tour of the Capitol a few weeks ago but haven't got round to building the Lego set. It's a big set with lots of white pieces so doesn't look like an exciting build. We have the Lincoln Memorial and White House built so they'll be a nice little trio when the Capitol is done.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm currently having fun with Big Ben / Parliament. Way too many windows!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
RT's
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Harry Potter, although not available anymore. We have the Hogwarts castle and Hagrids hut sets
RT's is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I have to say Star Wars. It's the reason I started buying Lego as an adult. I would love the Death Star but can't justify £400!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We go from Lego friend to every version of the milenunm falcon yes we have the original one in an unopened box and one that lives in DHs man cave oh sorry study /gym
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 03:16 AM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

I try to get a Star Wars set each time we go to Florida, though I am struggling to find something which appeals this year.

My biggest problem looking at new sets to buy in the Lego store is that as much as I look at sets, all I want is either too big and expensive or not as good as older sets.

My favourites being the Lego space range of the early 90s and the town range of the same period.

My eldest daughter is just getting into Lego now and loves the Lego Friends range.

if I hadn't spent too long in Chef Mickeys this evening and had made it to the shop in time (they were closed at 7), I'd have been riding out the hurricane building a tie fighter and Evie half the shops' supplies of Mia, Stephanie and friends.
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Well I didn't have any Lego of my own until this year! And I now have the Big Bang theory set which I love (my brother had to send one from the US because I couldn't get it here), a dr strange set (bought for me by my 7 year old) and we've just started on a Lego creator set of a wee cafe type thing. I love city and creator - things like houses, anything Xmas related, fairground stuff. Small and cute you know. I desperately want the Disney castle but haven't justified it yet.

The kids love Star Wars Lego best I think. But really they love it all. Oldest likes anything difficult to make angest loves superheroes and minifigures (we were all in heaven at the German Lego land this year in the shop which was full of single brick etc by weight and more minifigure pieces than you could imagine!).

Oh like mindstorms/robotics type stuff.
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List