Notices

Old 11 Sep 17, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
grottyrotty
Imagineer

So sorry to hear this. Where was the villa that you originally booked?

We rescheduled from Saturday to Wednesday too. I'll contact our villa owner later when she's had time to find out the extent of any damage. We'll be guided by her as to whether the villa is ok or not. If it isn't I'll be looking to give Florida a miss and trying to book a late deal elsewhere.

Good luck

Deb
Old 11 Sep 17, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DJStu89
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

Originally Posted by lovedisney89 View Post
So sorry to here this, where were you staying? We are due to be staying at a villa in Reunion Resort from Friday and need to check whether there is damage.
We were staying on Windwood Drive which is just off the 192 near the Medieval Knights Dinner Show.

I've had a reply from one owner saying the following which is a bit concerning:

"Hi, and thanks for your message.
Luckily, we have escaped the main devastation as we are on the east side of Disney/attractions, but the popular tourist villa areas of Davenport and around the 27 (to the West and South) have been really hit hard.
We are fully booked until October, so can not accommodate you i am afraid. Most management companies have already released notices saying that they are not taking anymore bookings until the situation is fully assessed, as they have renters who cant get home and others where they need to be moved due to damage.
It will probably take a few weeks to sort the area out, even the main parks are closed until at least Wednesday, and a curfew exists until 6pm local time tonight.
Hopefully something may become available, but I think you may have bit of a lottery at the moment.
Sorry I could not help more."
DJStu89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYPRINCESS5
Helping Minnie

I thought the parks would be open again tomorrow? Hope you get something sorted. We arent out until the 24th!

PROUD DVC OWNER AT THE POLYNESIAN
DISNEYPRINCESS5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DJStu89 View Post
They've said the pool screen has collapsed into the pool and the rear has been damaged, presumably by the pool screen getting blown about!
I think this is going to be common over the next few days with reports of this.

hope you get something sorted.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02

Edited at 01:16 PM.
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DISNEYPRINCESS5 View Post
I thought the parks would be open again tomorrow? Hope you get something sorted. We arent out until the 24th!
Yep currently only closed today Monday at rhe moment. Won't know if they will be closed longer as that will depend on any damaged done and assessments made. I suspect the major parks will have some idea already as they normally have a skeleton crew staying in the parks for this reason.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Oh my! That is awful! I would like to think that even though you ccan't stay at their villa, due to damage they could at least tried to offer you some more help! I know no one knows when a hurricane will hit but I just feel they could at least tried to point you in a more positive direction.

We check into High Grove at the end of the month and waiting to hear from our owner if there was any damage to their villa.

I really hope you find another villa! Keep us posted.
West Coast road trip 2018 (CO,CA,MT,ID,WA,OR,NV,UT) Yellowstone/Yosemite
Alabama, Florida & New Orleans - May 19
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
love life
Getting to know the DIBB

Bahama Bay Resort

Hi my condo is at bahama bay.Davenport, which is empty till october. i dont know yet what damage has been done if any. if i can be any help to you
love life is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Rowlf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by love life View Post
Hi my condo is at bahama bay.Davenport, which is empty till october. i dont know yet what damage has been done if any. if i can be any help to you
If it helps - Bahama Bay is great, as good as a villa IMO. We've stayed there 5 times over the years and all the condos are spacious and the grounds and facilities are really nice. I'd seriously consider that offer if it was me in your situation

PS I have no connection with love life!
Old 11 Sep 17, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
jillyb
Imagineer

jillyb's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I hope you find something quickly.
I'm playing the waiting game here also to find out if the Villa I have rented is damaged.
Probably won't hear anything for a day or two I expect.
Fingers crossed for you
Old 11 Sep 17, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Mobile

The sooner they find out about the damage the better though so those of going soon know if we need to find another place.
I really hope there won't be too many owners with damage.
*crossing fingers*
West Coast road trip 2018 (CO,CA,MT,ID,WA,OR,NV,UT) Yellowstone/Yosemite
Alabama, Florida & New Orleans - May 19
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List