Notices

Old 12 Sep 17, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
My view is that Floridians welcome tourists with open arms and want the situation to continue hurricane or not. Those in the hospitality industry need tourism to survive as it pays their wages.
But also bear in mind we are a very small percentage of tourists compared to American visitors.

Disney staff who looked after us were glad we were there else they get laid off with no pay.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
lickerofthetoe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by grottyrotty View Post
Thanks Shelley.

Not sure what the logic is but if tomorrow's flight is cancelled, we won't be rescheduling again. Just a watch and wait game again.

Deb
Awwwww fingers crossed Hun xx

DLP - 2003 Santa Fe
DLP - 2010 Hotel Cheyenne
Disney Art of Animation Resort - Sept 2012.
NYC - Feb 2014
Dibb villa @ Lindfields Sept 2014

** Wedding, Dreamy Corner 22.9.17 **
NYC Feb 2014 Mini Trip Report
Scouse meets Mouse Pre trippy Sept 2012 here ©
Scouse meets Mouse Trip Report Sept 2012 here (in the making) ©
lickerofthetoe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
lickerofthetoe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RandomBunny View Post
Thanks for making this thread. We're due to fly tomorrow and I was wondering the same thing. If we do get to fly, would we be welcome. Tips and income are probably much wanted right now!
Originally Posted by DISNEYPRINCESS5 View Post
I have just had a look at glasgow airport website and it states the TC flight has left to head to MCO! hopefully thats the start!
Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
This makes me happy, we are flying with TC from Glasgow on Sunday
we are a week on sunday! Was feeling so stressed earlier! But this has calmed me ever so slightly!
Take a look at this thread I started earlier, there's more flights departing today that we realise I think.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1046841

DLP - 2003 Santa Fe
NYC - Feb 2014

lickerofthetoe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Unless you are near the coast where flooding took place and apart from a cew trees down you could drive around for some time and not even realise a hurricane had been though the area a day ago. Back home people see the damage done to the Caribbean Islands and think that has happen to the whole of Florida. Most of the damage from Harvey looked like flood damage, the same as for Katrina but thankfully it does not appear to be so much flood damage as expected.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
grottyrotty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lickerofthetoe View Post
Awwwww fingers crossed Hun xx
Thanks, Shelley.

Looks like the flight today is slightly delayed due to relocation of planes, but is still scheduled to depart at 14.05. Feeling a bit more hopeful for tomorrow

Deb
Old 12 Sep 17, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUKinOrlando
Imagineer

We enjoy the sunshine but we also know the risk of living here..hurricanes, tornados, tropical storms etc. Tourists are always welcome. The income is welcomed, as are the tax dollars.
MarkUKinOrlando is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

I have just had a look at glasgow airport website and it states the TC flight has left to head to MCO! hopefully thats the start!
The Thomas Cook flight was carrying Medics and not paying passengers, most likely to go to the Caribbean Islands. Probably will pick up passengers for the way back..I suspect the RAF took the Airtanker back as per their contract. I got this from someone I work with at Glasgow Airport.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
lickerofthetoe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by grottyrotty View Post
Thanks, Shelley.

Looks like the flight today is slightly delayed due to relocation of planes, but is still scheduled to depart at 14.05. Feeling a bit more hopeful for tomorrow

Deb
Ah excellent news. I'll give you a little wave if I see you there

I'll be the one beaming from ear to ear like a Cheshire Cat because i eventually got there.

Have an amazing time xx

DLP - 2003 Santa Fe
NYC - Feb 2014

Old 12 Sep 17, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
My view is that Floridians welcome tourists with open arms and want the situation to continue hurricane or not. Those in the hospitality industry need tourism to survive as it pays their wages.
But also bear in mind we are a very small percentage of tourists compared to American visitors.

Disney staff who looked after us were glad we were there else they get laid off with no pay.
Well said (as always lol) and as an American who lives in Europe and sees both sides...I can tell you that the money we spend over there is very welcomed!
Whenever I get homesick and can't get to the US.. I actually fly over to the UK for a wee trip because I feel *most* of the British folks I encounter are friendly and remind me of the US charm.
Norwegian folks can be a bit cold heh.

Anyways, don't feel unwanted when you go to FL...Go there and try to have fun and enjoy your trip.
West Coast road trip 2018 (CO,CA,MT,ID,WA,OR,NV,UT) Yellowstone/Yosemite
Alabama, Florida & New Orleans - May 19
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYPRINCESS5
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
The Thomas Cook flight was carrying Medics and not paying passengers, most likely to go to the Caribbean Islands. Probably will pick up passengers for the way back..I suspect the RAF took the Airtanker back as per their contract. I got this from someone I work with at Glasgow Airport.
Really? Well least they are flying! Fingers crossed they start taking passengers soon then! We arent due to fly til 24th but hoping all the delays are well past by then!

PROUD DVC OWNER AT THE POLYNESIAN
DISNEYPRINCESS5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List