Notices

Old 13 Sep 17, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Hurricane Damaged Cars - Wow!

I was watching the News earlier and they were talking about the hundreds of thousands of cars that's are damaged in the hurricane and how they are put back in the market without new owners knowing their history

This includes cars that have been totally submerged for days. They ship them up north where they are cleaned out. Takes a team of guys 5 hours to power hose the mud out and steam clean everything, another team at the same time is dealing with the engine.

They are then sold as second hand cars with no history. Talk about buyer beware.

I heard this before at the time of Katrina but thought the practice had ended. Disgraceful.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Tom we lost screens next door didn't but our roofs are tile they lost loads and yep,landed on there cars ( like most of us garage full.of stuff ) there classic soft top mustang got the worst of it but it will be easier to fix than the new pick up as it was a custom order
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Tom we lost screens next door didn't but our roofs are tile they lost loads and yep,landed on there cars ( like most of us garage full.of stuff ) there classic soft top mustang got the worst of it but it will be easier to fix than the new pick up as it was a custom order
Oh no that's bad news, but it is only metal.
The parts for old Mustangs are easy to get but as you say the other vehicle will be harder.

I detest having a car after damage and the few I have had hit I sell immediately.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Ian did offer to move some stuff in our Garage Games room to,put the mustang in but they declined his Hire car was in our friends garage stuffed with all their boxed stuff like fall,Halloween ,Christmas decorations dog crates etc so,it fit
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Very naughty indeed :angry:

Took my car back this afternoon and it had sustained a little damage at the front, it looked like it had been hit by a small branch. The lady at Hertz said don't worry as they have all kinds of damaged vehicles return over the last few days

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Ian was almost in tears when he saw the Mustang it's a beautiful pale blue but it's already gone to,the shop as they say Pur MC has a massive pick,up thing that wouldn't even fit in a fouble garage his words and do you think I only lease cars out hear if it's damaged by a storm I get A new one no,cost adds about $10 a month to his lease
Old 13 Sep 17, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I was watching the News earlier and they were talking about the hundreds of thousands of cars that's are damaged in the hurricane and how they are put back in the market without new owners knowing their history

This includes cars that have been totally submerged for days. They ship them up north where they are cleaned out. Takes a team of guys 5 hours to power hose the mud out and steam clean everything, another team at the same time is dealing with the engine.

They are then sold as second hand cars with no history. Talk about buyer beware.

I heard this before at the time of Katrina but thought the practice had ended. Disgraceful.
It's disgraceful really. They will have a sign that says "Never seen snow" and I'm not kidding either!
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

That's it I'm advertising mine the next time as never seen the sun
Old 14 Sep 17, 01:08 AM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
That's it I'm advertising mine the next time as never seen the sun
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

It happens all over sadly, we went to a well known chain of garages here.
There was a car there which was the type we were interested in , it was a year old with a masssive shunt in the back.
The salesman came out, asked us if we were interested in the car and proceeded to tell us that they would " knock all the damage out and we would never be any the wiser" DH said what about internal chassis damage from the bump at the rear .. the answer was " well you'll never know"
We walked away from a £21,000 possible banger , knowing they would sell it on and never mention it .
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List