Notices

Old 18 Sep 17, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Pearlygatesuk
Trading Disney Pins

Absolutely gutted

So, we're back from Orlando now.

We were due to go to Kennedy Space Centre on 9th September. KSC ended up closing early and transport was cancelled because of a bit of wind they called Irma

Anyway, we rescheduled for the Wednesday and although KSC can launch a space rocket, they seemingly can't protect their water pipes which meant they were closed from Irmas arrival until Friday, i'll give you one guess what day our flight home was!

Anyway, Orlando Attraction Tickets are offering a refund minus a cancellation fee of £10 each. Its insulting enough that we weren't able to go to KSC but then to be slapped with a cancellation fee for something WE didn't cancel has properly irked me.

Anyone else with similar experiences? Feel free to make me feel better
Pearlygatesuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
johnb
Imagineer

To be fair, Orlando Attraction Tickets didn't cancel it either.

We were also in Orlando during Hurricane Irma. We had planned to do Disney the first week and Universal the second week. We had 14 day Universal tickets at a cost of £214 each.

Because of Irma, we were only able to visit Universal once, so the one day cost each of us £214.

You are lucky that you were able to get a refund.
johnb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I think they are being reasonable as well tbh . It's not there fault you visited during hurricaine season really.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Pearlygatesuk
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by johnb View Post
To be fair, Orlando Attraction Tickets didn't cancel it either.

We were also in Orlando during Hurricane Irma. We had planned to do Disney the first week and Universal the second week. We had 14 day Universal tickets at a cost of £214 each.

Because of Irma, we were only able to visit Universal once, so the one day cost each of us £214.

You are lucky that you were able to get a refund.
It sounds like we were, but the parks were only closed 2.5 days?
Pearlygatesuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 03:59 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

As someone whose children have missed 6 school days due to "a bit of wind", I am struggling to know how to make you "feel better". Their schools were being used to house evacuees from the coast. Our road still has standing water on it and we suffered far less flooding then the coast near KSC. I personally don't consider 100mph winds that wrecked my neighbour's roof "a little bit of wind".
Old 19 Sep 17, 05:10 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

I'm afraid any comment I'd make would definetly not make you feel better!
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 06:09 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Pearlygatesuk View Post

We were due to go to Kennedy Space Centre on 9th September. KSC ended up closing early and transport was cancelled because of a bit of wind they called Irma

Anyway, we rescheduled for the Wednesday and although KSC can launch a space rocket, they seemingly can't protect their water pipes which meant they were closed from Irmas arrival until Friday, i'll give you one guess what day our flight home was!

Anyway, Orlando Attraction Tickets are offering a refund minus a cancellation fee of £10 each. Its insulting enough that we weren't able to go to KSC but then to be slapped with a cancellation fee for something WE didn't cancel has properly irked me.

' a bit of wind ' that has resulted in at least 34 deaths in Florida and untold misery including losing cars, homes and belongings for tens of thousands of people in a major disaster and you're concerned over losing a tenner each? Really?

I searched in vain for the " shakes head in total disbelief " emoji ...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

I think a bit of a reconnection with reality is required here.

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Pearlygatesuk
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by mike230652 View Post
' a bit of wind ' that has resulted in at least 34 deaths in Florida and untold misery including losing cars, homes and belongings for tens of thousands of people in a major disaster and you're concerned over losing a tenner each? Really?

I searched in vain for the " shakes head in total disbelief " emoji ...
I was only aware of the death of 3 in Florida but nevertheless you're quite right it was certainly pretty scary in the middle of the night.

Apologies for my use of language. I think it was just being charged a "Cancellation" fee for something we didn't cancel that erked me a little and yes in the grand scheme of things £20 ain't the earth compared to what some have lost
Old 19 Sep 17, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pearlygatesuk View Post

A bit of wind? That *wind* destroyed peoples homes. Flooded areas and people lost power for days.
It's one thing to be disappointed (which is understandable) but at least they gave you a refund at all because it wasn't their fault the hurricane hit.
West Coast road trip 2018 (CO,CA,MT,ID,WA,OR,NV,UT) Yellowstone/Yosemite
Alabama, Florida & New Orleans - May 19
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List