Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 23 Sep 17, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Brussels sprouts (love them now!)
Sundried tomatoes
Couscous
Beetroot
Red Wine

My kids are quite picky but so was I so there is hope for them!
Old 23 Sep 17, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Beetroot. Tasted like dirt to me when I was younger. Can't get enough if it now .

Interesting fact told to me by my 9 year old son this morning. Apparently we loose taste buds as we age which is why kids are fussier about foods than adults. Not sure if he's making it up to get out of trying new things or not but it would make sense!
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

As a child alls I ate was cheese and tomato pizza, bolognese, jacket potato with beans and roast potatoes.

Once I got to a late teen I improved loads and starting liking curries, fajitas, roast beef, those are my favourite foods now!
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
CazP
Imagineer

I think alongside tastes changing, it's also having our eyes opened to new things.
I'd never heard of halloumi, houmus, curry and the like when I was a child, even things like pizza and pasta was something I didn't know about until my teens when I started going out with my friends.
It wasn't that I was a fussy eater, just that I never knew all those foods existed yet.
When we go to buffet places, I like to try new things each time, better there than ordering and paying for something you may not enjoy.

One thing I never ate as a child was fresh or cooked tomatoes- I'd always eat soup, ketchup etc but never a proper tomato. I can eat them now - except tinned ones, they still make me heave
WDW Oct 1991 HoJo DLP June 2001 Cheyenne DLP Santa Fe Feb 2003 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2008 WDW Xmas 2008 CBR DLP Santa Fe Oct 2010 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2012 Ramada Int. Drive Aug 2013 DLP Cheyenne Oct 2014 IDrive & OKW July/August 2016 Oct 2016 Cheyenne DLP Aug 2017 Fairfield Inn July 2018 Newport Bay
CazP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 17, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
As a child I wouldn't eat cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, broccoli and prunes I enjoy all of them now.

There are still things I won't eat, tomato ketchup, tinned tomato soup and top of the list is mint, really can't bear the taste or smell of it.
Old 26 Sep 17, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Amazing how similar some of the foods are on different lists, shows that while we all have different palates the evolution to adult is similar. Now I really really want to like bloody Marys but I just can't conquer them! Had one on the plane once when bored, big mistake!
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 17, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sunsetlakes
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I hated mushrooms with a passion when I was younger, then as a teenager even more when I found at it was fungus. Now... yummy, I love all kinds of mushrooms, cooked in all kinds of ways - one of my absolute favourite things
sunsetlakes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 17, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Love this thread!

I would never eat Tomatoes (I used to lie and say I was allergic, so much so, that as an adult I suddenly remembered I wasn't actually allergic and just tried them and love them!)
Chilli
Mushrooms
Beetroot
Blue Cheese - stopped eating with my 'eyes' and love it now!

Things I still wont touch (devils food) -
Liver
Olives
Avocado

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 17, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
School teacher
Very Serious Dibber

Coffee, at 42 I have just started drinking it, still will not touch tea though!
School teacher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 17, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Took the opportunity tonight to (ahem) pre-xmas check of the drinks cabinet and see what we needed. Such a small bit of tequila left and ingredients for something approaching a margarita in the house. Open it up and it it smelled surprisingly good, take a sip and OMG after a youth of slammers and an adulthood of holiday margaritas neat tequila tastes nice. I'm worried, does this make me Mexican, a nutter or a Mexican nutter! Thankfully this was only the white tequila, the gold still tastes rank so perhaps there is still hope.
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List