Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 11 Oct 17, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Alllovedisney
slightly serious Dibber

Our highs and lows 24 Sep til 30 Sep 2017

Our stay Sun 24 - Sat 30 September.

Brilliant time. Lots more highs than lows. Putting the lows as I think it may help
some when planning.

Highs

Davy Crockett Ranch

For us, as a family of six, this worked perfectly. We had the space we needed whilst still being on property to enjoy the perks. The girls enjoyed the pool (best in DLP, I think) and the generous pool opening times meant we could go several times.

Weather

Thursday was a bit ropey but other than that, the sun shone and raincoats weren't required!

Mickey the Magician

Wow! Lion King segment made me cry like I did when I saw the show on Broadway some 13/14 years ago. The rest was Disney at it's best!

Infinity AP

Great investment. Saved lots on meals and purchases not to mention being able to store the aforementioned raincoats for free! We used their strollers a couple of times too.

Illuminations

I thought it was spectacular. We bagged a spot on the bandstand so we had an uninterrupted view. I can't actually get my head round the tech that goes behind it. It also made me wonder, where and when do they practice it to make sure it's spot on? Or does the computer do it all and the first night is a case of "fingers crossed"?

Vapiano

The pizza here was simply delicious. I had the Verdure, DH the Diavolo and all the children had salami ones (they were huge!). If you can get your head round the faff (I say that only as it's self service and we chose to sit upstairs with the small
kids play area so we were up and down quite a bit) it is absolutely worth a go. It was quite a calm environment too when we went at 2pm on Friday. Good value for money too. As well as the pizza, we had the carpaccio to share as a starter, DH had a large beer, I had a mojito and the girls had a Capri sun each. It came to 94euros.

Be warned though, it's not accessible through the Disney Village. You have to go out through the exit straight ahead of you as you come out of DL Park and it's just up there on the left next to Five Guys. Therefore you do need to go back through the security checks to re enter Disney proper.

DH pointed out it looked like an IKEA basement surge their choice of decor!

Rain Forest Cafe

We go here for the girls and we've had a few disappointing meals here over the past 3/4 years in Florida, London and Paris. However, this time, the meal was great. Theming as always, captured the kids' imagination (well the younger two in any event).

Disney's Stars on Parade

Everyone loves a parade don't they? Whether it's watching it or making use of the shorter ride queues at the time!

The dragon was impressive. It's just a shame they can't find a way to conceal the driver!

The rest was a real treat from start to finish and the girls throughly enjoyed it. Will never forget my three year old shouting and then getting wave from Ariel!

Moana

Great meet and greet for our four princesses. We waited about 45 minutes which included a 15 break for Moana herself. Photopass photos from this were brilliant.

Sebastian

A wonderful wonderful CM who we met at Moana, the next day at Chip n Dale and a couple of days later with Minnie. He remembered the girls and even their names. Is is truly a CM who showcases what Disney is all about. I said as much when I left a note about him at Guest Relations and also in an email I have sent since our return.

Eurotunnel

Worked well for us. Always leaves me wondering why people still use the ferry on that route! Simple, hassle free and quick!

Auberge

A must for us. We've done it twice before and I was a little hesitant about going after having breakfast in the castle in WDW last year. However, hands down the interaction here was so much better.

My DH and I had he special 25 yr meal; the beef was perfect. My DH swapped his desert for cheese due to his allergies to nuts and he had a great selection.

I will just say, the children's meals are limiting but on the fancy side. However, I understand it is fine dining and therefore it is what it is. I was disappointed that none of my girls fancied the salmon; they eat it by the shoal at home! I think the sauce put them off. They all had the pasta though and liked it and three out of the four always love pumpkin so the soup went down a treat. And of course there are no words to describe a child's delight at their desert in Auberge!

Lows

Queue jumping and being aided and abetted by CMs! I jest in part, but honestly you had to see it to believe it at Autopia. We queued from about 9.45am for the ride to open. I don't understand why they don't open the actual ride queues up to save the line outside. Anyway, at 10am on the dot the CM, who had appeared there from the car platform, since about a minute after we started to queue, opened the barrier. We started to file in, in order until about half way down when he stood to the side to let a very large family group go past him. I initially thought they had accessibility passes but no, they just swanned right through down the regular line. I politely protested and the CM informed me that they told him they were catching up with other family. They hadn't told him anything of the sort. As I said, the CM appeared from the concourse at the bottom and the families appeared from the direction of Buzz and walked straight in without speaking to him! I accept that CMs may not feel empowered or even safe to stop a queue jumper, but don't lie to me about why you let them do it!

Crowds on Wednesday

As I explained in an earlier post, the Wednesday was super busy. I went out to grab the princess dresses for Auberge from guest storage and I'm so glad for my infinity pass and the special entrance! There was just a sea of people in the undercover but waiting to get through the turnstiles. It would have taken me a good 15 mins to get through. And that was at more or less midday!

Princess Pavilion

I like that they have only one princess in there now. But with the multiple options where that meet could take place, iykwim, they could really do with closing up the entrances. We were to the left as we were shown in. However my girls had a great view of the family who had been in front of us waving, blowing kisses and saying Aurora in the other "section" just as we walked into ours. Luckily, my big two clocked it but they are wise to the magic. The little two couldn't see from behind their sisters and my quickly placed hands once I clocked it! Just a couple of doors would avoid that.

Plaza Garden Breakfast

It was just a little too chaotic for my liking. I'm glad we arrived early. There were two other families there when we arrived. We went in to ask where we check in and were told to wait outside. We managed to stand by the side doors so when the front doors opened we were only behind four families (queue jumpers again! ). Anyway, our names were not taken and all that was asked was whether we were paying with vouchers (no). They processes the payment and only at the last minute did I remember my discount so then produced my AP. My point being, I don't know how on earth they know who has booked and who hasn't!

Then, you are all let loose on the buffet together so there were long queues (made longer by those who pushed in- again!) and and waits for food to be replenished!

Be warned the egg boiler doesn't work. Five minutes and still runny- yolk and white.

In saying all that the characters were plentiful if not a little rushed.
DLP (offsite) Sep 1998 WDW (offsite) Nov 2002 DLP (DCR) Jan 2005 DLP (DCR) Nov 2009 DLP (SF) Oct 2010 DLP (DLH) Feb 2013 St Petes & WDW (SSR) Sep/Aug 2016 DLP (DCR) Sep 2017 DLP (offsite Explorers) Dec 2017 DLP (DCR) May 2018 DLP (DCR) Sep 2018 DLP (HC for Disney Performing Arts) July 2019.
Alllovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 17, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
FindingMerida
Apprentice Imagineer

FindingMerida's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sounds like you had an amazing time!
I wonder why that Wednesday was so busy?!
May 2016 - DLP Newport Bay Club Oct 2016 - DIBB Villa, BLT
Jun 2017 - DIBB Villa, HRH, AKV
Mar 2018 - DLP Magic Circus Jun 2018 - DCL Magic 7 Day Med
Sep 2018 - DLP 36K Challenge Nov 2018 - DLP Sequoia Lodge at Christmas
Apr 2019 - DIBB Villa, AKV, BLT
Sep 2019 - DLP 36K Challenge
Oct 2019 - DCL Fantasy 7 day Western Caribbean
Sep 2020 - DLP 36K Challenge
FindingMerida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 17, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Alllovedisney
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by FindingMerida View Post
Sounds like you had an amazing time!
I wonder why that Wednesday was so busy?!
We really did. We are very fond of DLP.

We have no idea about the Wednesday. Someone on here mentioned a holiday in Belgium and the CMs suggested the traditional school half day may have been to blame. One thing is for sure; they weren't expecting it! X
DLP (offsite) Sep 1998 WDW (offsite) Nov 2002 DLP (DCR) Jan 2005 DLP (DCR) Nov 2009 DLP (SF) Oct 2010 DLP (DLH) Feb 2013 St Petes & WDW (SSR) Sep/Aug 2016 DLP (DCR) Sep 2017 DLP (offsite Explorers) Dec 2017 DLP (DCR) May 2018 DLP (DCR) Sep 2018 DLP (HC for Disney Performing Arts) July 2019.
Alllovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 17, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I was there from the 25th to the 29th and I really didn't think Wednesday was that busy. I was in the parks from about 10.30 am till after the fireworks had finished.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List