Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 12 Oct 17, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sallybunny
Excited about Disney

TLDEWBMTDOPTT Day 3

Wednesday 31st May 2017

Another early start as we had a date with Goofy in the foyer this morning. Breakfast was munched, showers were had and we were off! The Goof was awesome as always.

We were in the Parc by 9am and straight onto Buzz. Now I never record the scores for this because I'm not allowed to shoot. I'm only there to spin the car. Off there we headed over to Orbitron which always has a huge wait time. Pete was allowed in his own rocket this time as he's over 7 and had a whale of a time. I'd also agreed to let him ride Star Tours on his own so long as we could get a Fast Pass. The Fast Pass machines had been opened at this point and he raced over and got one for 11am. He was so excited! As you might have noticed, Doug hasn't grown enough to be able to go on any of the bigger rides (long story, but he hasn't really grown at all in over a year and we have no idea why). So Pete was on his own. We waited in the shop for him to come off. In the meantime, Doug built his own droid which still goes around in his bag with him. And then we waited some more. And a bit more. Until he eventually arrived! Phew. All smiles and excitement at having ridden it.

Then we met Darth Vader.

Not nervous at all!

And round to Nautilus to say hello to the giant squid. Having done most of what we could in Discoveryland we headed round to Fantasyland through the Castle, taking in the Sleeping Beauty story and having a look at the Park from the balcony.

We of course had to see Snow White and Pinocchio while we were here and also gallop on the Carrousel. At this point we were getting peckish so thought we'd head round to Hakuna Matata for lunch. But it was closed! There was some drumming going on outside so Pete decided to join in. We ended up in Fuente del Oro which I though was lovely but the boys found it just a bit too spicey.

We were all getting a bit tired at this point but it was the only evening we could see the fireworks so we decided to go back for a rest and maybe a bit of a swim. We were back at the hotel for 1pm and had a nice sit down and a cup of tea. Then another bit of a swim. It's a really very lovely resort at SL and I'd totally recommend it. We'll definitely be staying again.

At about 4pm we decided to head back out as we wanted to do a bit of shopping too. The lure of the Lego shop is always too much to resist! Luckily I managed to persuade them to only buy a small kit and a the pack your own kit each. I had a look around Disney Fashion and picked up a rather lovely Cheshire Cat tshirt as modelled here with the White Rabbit.

With Mr W Rabbit

I've been promising Pete that we'd go to Café Fantasia in the big pink hotel and the time had come. OMG it's so lovely in there! We all want to stay there but it's so expensive. Maybe one day when we have masses of spare cash! Anyway, in Café Fantasia we had very lovely mocktails for the boys and I had a Gowtini! Finally! It was such a lovely way to spend a bit of time relaxing with the boys.

We had a little wander round the hotel and to the shop (OMG! So lovely!) where we bought our 25th Anniversary pins.

(pics of pins)

By 6:30pm we were back in the Parc ready for more rides, a show and fireworks. We headed straight into Fantasyland and onto Dumbo, Peter Pan and the teacups in quick succession. I couldn't believe how quiet it was this week! We were walking onto rides that on previous trips had huge queues.

We bought ice creams and went for a sit down and to watch the Princess Waltz. It was ok. I was happy to have ice cream and a sit down!

After this there was just time to go back for another ride around Phantom Manor as it was getting dark – we were the only ones outside the door which made it super scary!

And then the fireworks. They were awesome. Absolutely splendid. And I might have had a little cry and cuddled up close with the boys.

And to top the whole thing off, we caught the kiss goodnight with Mickey.

By this time Doug was asleep and Pete was dropping fast so Pete got in the pushchair, Doug sat on his knee and I manoeuvred them out. As they were completely asleep I had a quick look around World of Disney in peace! Back the hotel and we fell into bed.
sallybunny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List