Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 25 Oct 17, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixybird88
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

What an emotional tr! Well done you so happy u made such lovely memories at such a tough time. Enjoy ur trip next trip ☺
Pixybird88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 17, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
highland lass
Imagineer

Mel sorry do not want to read and run but as I have not really been on the Dibb for a while I was not aware of the changes you have had to deal with - well done for writing the report and keep strong
Old 31 Oct 17, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
Mel,

So glad you had a great trip where you started to feel the magic of Disney again
Thank you

Originally Posted by Beaker7929 View Post
Aw such lovely words, from a wonderful friend. It was an absolute pleasure to share our trip with you and we wouldn’t have had it any other way. Can’t wait to do it all again...especially as you need to hold my hand on ToT!
Always ready for ToT Rachel - looking forward to a trip filled with lots of fun and cocktails

Originally Posted by Blondie1979 View Post
Mel it was an honour to be part of such a momentous trip for you and I am humbled by such a beautiful thank you.
We really did have a fabulous time with some magical memories made. Can't wait to do it all over again in January and I am particularly looking forward to dragging Rachel on our favourite ride again! 😉
Cocktails are already being planned and new memories are just around the corner ❤️
All my love, your friend, A xxx
Thanks Anna - many more memories to be made in January

Originally Posted by hornetgirl View Post
I'm glad you got round to finishing your trip report Mel. It's great to hear you sounding so positive at the finish as it was clearly a very emotional trip for you. Wishing you bigger and better things as you move forward xx
Thank you so much - your support has been really appreciated over the last year, I’ve had lots of pms of support from people and it as really meant a lot

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
As a member of the DIBBcast I know what great "girls" Anna and Rachel are and what supportive friends they would be. Then again, you are pretty formidable yourself Duchess. I mean that in a nice way. It's been a long haul but you've got there and your love for Disney had helped bring you through it all.

Together - you 3 are frightening!
Thanks Geoff - it has indeed been a long haul as you know, but I’m definitely through the worst. Thanks for being there as well

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
So glad it was a turning point for you and I'm sure the girls were amazing
They certainly were - thank you

Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
What a lovely conclusion to your report! Sounds like you had a great trip, even with the odd wobble. What a strong woman you are! Lovely to have some DIBB friends to support you too . Thanks for sharing your report with us xx
Thank you - I’m glad it came over that it was a good trip despite the wobbles

Originally Posted by rummy63 View Post
Bloody hell Mel.
I read this and started to cry again, all I can say is you will come through this and all you will regret is the wasted time.
You will now go through a period of resentment.
Eventually your life will become carefree and happy. Go out with who you want, when you want in the mean time" the first one" has now had the "2 year get over it".
OOPS "sex is boring now and there is nothing else
OOPS "she used to look nice for me, now she doesn't bother". Perhaps I made a mistake.
DONT GO THERE!
There really should be a first wives club on here! .
I could write the script!
That really made me laugh - I’m definitely up for the first wives club, and isn’t it funny how closely they all follow the script!

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Aw, well done you - I'm in bits here! and we still haven't seen the mugs! x
Lol - I’ll take some pics of the mugs and post

Originally Posted by Pixybird88 View Post
What an emotional tr! Well done you so happy u made such lovely memories at such a tough time. Enjoy ur trip next trip ☺
Thank you - hopefully the next trip will have more fun and less tears!

Originally Posted by highland lass View Post
Mel sorry do not want to read and run but as I have not really been on the Dibb for a while I was not aware of the changes you have had to deal with - well done for writing the report and keep strong
Thank you

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 17, 01:41 AM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

really enjoyed the trippie,its made me want to visit dlp again,sorry about the breakup,it was the first i knew about it,i have read lots of your other trippies in the past,but obviously missed the news.whilst visiting solo,it must have been nice to meet up now and again with the girls,to catch up,i am also a glowtini fan.looking forward to future trippies, all the best mo x
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 17, 01:48 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Stay strong, we are all here with you! ..You are not alone in this situation, things will be good again!
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 17, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Well done, and hope you have an amazing time on your next trip.

I can recommend the 'reve des etoiles' anniversary cocktail, and also the special hot chocolate we got in March Hare Refreshments! Definitely worth seeking out.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 17, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Originally Posted by mobeckwith View Post
really enjoyed the trippie,its made me want to visit dlp again,sorry about the breakup,it was the first i knew about it,i have read lots of your other trippies in the past,but obviously missed the news.whilst visiting solo,it must have been nice to meet up now and again with the girls,to catch up,i am also a glowtini fan.looking forward to future trippies, all the best mo x
Thank you - next adventure less than a week away now, with another Glowtini Girl trip planned for the new year

Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
Stay strong, we are all here with you! ..You are not alone in this situation, things will be good again!
Thank you - the support I have had from here has been amazing and very much appreciated

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Well done, and hope you have an amazing time on your next trip.

I can recommend the 'reve des etoiles' anniversary cocktail, and also the special hot chocolate we got in March Hare Refreshments! Definitely worth seeking out.
I saw your hot chocolate pic - will definitely be hunting that down, along with the cocktail of course

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 18, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

Thank you so much for putting this trip in to words for us. I really felt like I was with your every step of the way. Very excited to see another Glowtini Girls trip in a few days !

LaurenYorkshir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed reading your report. I found myself tearing up on more than one occasion - I think you're an incredibly brave lady! So glad you had such a fantastic time and laid some ghosts to rest
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 18, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

Lovely words! I need Mug pictures too though! X
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List