Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 28 Oct 17, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahb74
Excited about Disney

Highs, lows and random ramblings

Way back in the mists of time I used to be on these forums a lot and always posted a “proper” big trippie. Unfortunately life got in the way but having just got back from our 8th DLP trip I though I should at least attempt some thoughts!

The trip was me and my two boys (17 & 11), from Sunday to Wednesday in half term, driving and eurotunnel.

Highs
Stayed the first night at the Radisson Blu - less than £150 for 3 of us including breakfast and it was lovely, easy parking, close to the parks for our transfer the next day, breakfast was great would definitely recommend.
Amazing pixie dust - checked in to the castle club at 8.15 Monday morning - our room was ready and we had been upgraded to a Walt’s apartment suite! Such a lovely space, great having two toilets and a separate room for my eldest who is up on his phone later than me and my youngest! We were also gifted a cuddly Bullseye, champagne and roses. All the CMs were wonderful.
Great to see the parks in such good condition with lots of effects that had been broken on previous visits up and running - geyser, BTM looking great, IASW.
Caught the main parade, tricycle and Goofys all by chance and found space easily to watch them as they went by, really enjoyed them all.
Youngest trying some new rides (notably Star Tours, his new favourite which we went on 7 times!)

Lows
How few rides are open during emh - did tea cups and Dumbo, not interested in the carousel, didn’t bother with Peter Pan as the queue was long and we had vip fastpasses so seemed like a waste. Didn’t bother on the next 2 days, just got in to the park for around 9.45 to be ahead of the main queue.
Didn’t catch Mickey and the Magician - only went to the studios once and we were the second group that didn’t get in to the show as it was full. We had done everything else we wanted to in that park so decided to skip it.
Weather - it was mild and overcast/drizzly most of the time. Some huge puddles that we didn’t manage to avoid so had wet feet both days!

It will be a couple of years before we go back again, we have decided we would rather go less often and stay castle club for the vip fastpasses than go more often and queue!

Edited at 12:44 PM.
sarahb74 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 17, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds like you had a great time, shame about the weather but I'm sure it didn't spoil things.
We are staying at DLH in 2 weeks, not castle club though but I wish it was 😂
I too am hoping for some pixie dust, I have e mailed hotel to tell them it is a very special celebration holiday so fingers crossed. How lovely to have such an amazing upgrade, glad you all had a great time.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 17, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds great!
Old 29 Oct 17, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
sarahb74
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks - yes the weather can’t be helped and it certainly could have been worse. Our previous trip I did email and say that we were staying for a special reason, they left us flowers and Christmas lights in the room which was nice if a little odd (was hoping for a plush for my son but knew not to expect anything). This time I didn’t contact them at all - the lady on check in said it was very unusual to be upgraded to a suite and I think she organised the other things in the room as she was really really lovely.
sarahb74 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Teacherdork
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi,
We were there at the same time. I too had wet feet - my own fault as I was too busy looking around at the parks. I literally trapsed through the biggest puddles without even noticing - my friend thought it was hilarious. Wellies next time I think!
Old 29 Oct 17, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahb74
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Teacherdork View Post
Hi,
We were there at the same time. I too had wet feet - my own fault as I was too busy looking around at the parks. I literally trapsed through the biggest puddles without even noticing - my friend thought it was hilarious. Wellies next time I think!
I swear I spent all my time saying “mind that puddle” but 2 of us still got soaked. We had two pairs of trainers each but on day 3 we still had to wear damp ones!