Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 29 Nov 17, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

A Christmas wish come true - highs and lows

Hiya

Got back on Sunday evening from an amazing trip and thought I'd do a quick highs and lows before hopefully starting to write my first trip report...

I'll start with the Lows (which mainly are not disneys fault)

- Crowd levels on the Saturday were just mental leaving us feeling somewhat frazzled by 3pm having been turned away from 2 shows and a 45 minute wait for a quick service lunch (so we just had to go to Fantasia for a Glowtini - no choice you'll understand! )
- Dining availability - my boyfriend was reluctant to book anything which of course became a problem and resulted in me saying "I told you so" when we could only eat quick service or in the village.
- Rainforest Cafe - this was such a shame as I usually love it. They messed up my meal and took over 40 minutes to correct it by which time my boyfriend had eaten and I told them to just forget it as I wasn't paying all that money to eat alone . Such a shame as I loved it in Orlando and on my first visit to DLP.
- Toilet visits - this was not due to the cleanliness but due to the hustle and bustle and rude people in there... people barging my feet with prams to go past skipping the queue etc. I seemed to have an incident most times I went to the toilet so much so it became a running joke!
- Our journey home - sadly we were on the easyjet flight which got caught up in the security breach where they sent us through the wrong door meaning we ended up locked in a corridor for over an hour before being allowed out. This meant we could no longer get a lift and had to pay £40 for a taxi and got home hours and hours after we should have done with work in the morning.

Now for the highs

- That first time walking onto Main street and seeing the tree and all the decorations. I'm not ashamed to admit I shed a little tear of joy.
- Walking down Main Street and getting the surprise that follows the music (not wanting to spoil in case anyone doesn't know!)
- Goofys Christmas show - oh my god... I loved it. We saw it twice and both times it made me cry.
- Illuminations - again loved it and saw it twice
- Crush's coaster - we had to queue 75 minutes even in extra magic hours but it was worth it as didn't get to ride on my last trip
- Christmas music down Main street and everywhere. Somehow the music they had was not at all annoying like it is in shops in the UK and it really did feel magical. I have spent hours trying to google for similar orchestral/instrumental music last night! (If anyone knows if there is anywhere the music is available please let me know! )
- Cafe Fantasia - really enjoyed our visit there and seeing all the decorations in the hotel and bar
- Christmas parade - loved it all especially Mickey and Minnies float and the Winnie the Pooh gang delivering the letters!
- Character breakfast - we were really lucky and had a much more leisurely experience than my visit in June. Really good interaction and the food was yummy!
- Character meets - again we were lucky and jumped in some small queues we stumbled upon. Marie, Scrooge and Baloo were my personal favourites.
- The feeling of being a child again - I can honestly say I have not felt as festive since I was a child and I love Christmas so that is saying something.

I have already priced up next November so I can highly recommend going at Christmas time

Any questions or anything please feel free to ask... hopefully a trip report to follow soon to get me through my blues!

xxx
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 17, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like you had an amazing time! We’re off on the 10th & can’t wait! Never been at Christmas the only time of year we’ve not been so mega excited! Are all characters in their Christmas attire?

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 17, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Sounds like you had an amazing time! We’re off on the 10th & can’t wait! Never been at Christmas the only time of year we’ve not been so mega excited! Are all characters in their Christmas attire?
I saw Goofy as Santa and on stage in the shows they had fab n Christmas outfits however my meet and greet ones were normal... Marie had a blue pretty bow but not sure if that is Xmas or anniversary attire.

I am very jealous have a fab time x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 17, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
LISAM
Imagineer

We leave a week today and we are so excited but also a little worried about the cold as it's Baltic up on NE Scotland just now. Sounds like cold didn't impact your trip though.
Old 30 Nov 17, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Shazzabelle
VIP Dibber

We are heading there on Dec 22nd and cannot wait! Sounds like you had a blast, thanks for sharing your highs and lows

DISNEYLAND PARIS TRIPS - March 2006 DLP Sante Fe DD Birthday Trip, June 2007 DLP Disneyland Hotel DS Birthday Trip, Feb 09 Cheyenne Grandmas 60th BDay, Aug 12 Cheyenne Wedd Ann, Aug 15 Cheyenne Wedd Ann, Dec 17 Cheyene 1st Xmas at DLP!, Oct/Nov 18 Sequoia Lodge 1st H'ween at DLP!
FLORIDA TRIPS - Aug 2004 Bahama Bay Honeymoon, Aug 2006 Hampton Lakes 2nd Wedd Ann, Sept/Oct 2008 POR (1st MNSSHP!), Jul/Aug 17 RPR/POR, May/Jun 18 ASS/IDrive/HRH, Aug 22 Me50/DD21/DS18 US&Somewhere on the 192
Shazzabelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 17, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by LISAM View Post
We leave a week today and we are so excited but also a little worried about the cold as it's Baltic up on NE Scotland just now. Sounds like cold didn't impact your trip though.
It honestly wasn't that cold when we were there but I know the temperature has dropped a bit... I can't imagine it will ruin it, will just feel really festive! I would take plenty of layers and ensure hats, scarves and gloves with you and recon you'll be fine. We didn't mind the cold, the couple of showers we had were a bit of a pain (and caused a 45 minute lunch line lol!) but you walk around that much I'm sure you'll be fine. Maybe get some thermals or wear tights or leggings under jeans etc?x
Old 30 Nov 17, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Shazzabelle View Post
We are heading there on Dec 22nd and cannot wait! Sounds like you had a blast, thanks for sharing your highs and lows
No problem :-) You will have an amazing time - I am very jealous! x
Old 30 Nov 17, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Boots1234
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Joosebug1987 View Post
I saw Goofy as Santa and on stage in the shows they had fab n Christmas outfits however my meet and greet ones were normal... Marie had a blue pretty bow but not sure if that is Xmas or anniversary attire.

I am very jealous have a fab time x
Marie geek here:

The blue bow is for the 25th anniversary.

Normally she wears a red bow for Christmas. Loving the blue this year.

DLP gets so many characters that appear regularly and in normal park time that are considered 'rare' in America. Marie doesn't do any meet and greets anymore at WDW.

Scrooge only comes out for ticket events at WDW.
Boots1234 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 17, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Oh wow, it all sounds absolutely magical (except Crush’s Coaster. I don’t understand how anyone can enjoy Crush’s Coaster, and we will be walking straight past this time!)

Saturday sounds a bit manic! We have the princess lunch booked for Saturday 23rd Dec, but I think we’ll just plan to spend most of that day in one or both of our hotels (that’s the day we change over from the DLH to a princess suite in Explorers. If it’s too crazy and we’ve done all we want to in the parks, we might just go and check into Explorers so we can use the pool there in the afternoon. Just hope everyone else doesn’t have the same idea!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 17, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Boots1234 View Post
Marie geek here:

The blue bow is for the 25th anniversary.

Normally she wears a red bow for Christmas. Loving the blue this year.

DLP gets so many characters that appear regularly and in normal park time that are considered 'rare' in America. Marie doesn't do any meet and greets anymore at WDW.

Scrooge only comes out for ticket events at WDW.
oooh good to know as we got both Marie and Scrooge! I was also shocked to see Baloo and King Louis although he wasn't there when we met Baloo but saw him walking through the park :-) Loved meeting Marie she was so sweet. She started stroking the white fur on my coat hood and made a real fuss of me (a 30 year old adult with no children lol!) x