Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 7 Dec 17, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Holiboo
Earning More Ears

Love your trip reports, I was so excited when I saw you'd started! Your cats are super cute!
Holiboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

That was brilliant 😀
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 17, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Ooh I've been waiting for this one! Great start, bummer about PE not being let off first, that's the main perk for me when paying that extra money.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 17, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Your cats are so cute. Cheeky Hero dashing off the moment you head out.

I'm impressed at your 4am start, I don't think I could manage that event if there was fantastic holiday in sight.

A good, smooth travel day apart from the immigration wait at MCO. However, we got through immigration quickly and had to wait for luggage forever, so there's always a wait somewhere.

Animal Kingdom Lodge does look stunning, shame about the lack of decorations (sing it, Geldof & co) though.
How strange that they would give you a bunk bed room, you would think they would be in high demand and would be allocated to families with kids. Shame about the car park view, but from the time you spend in a room it probably doesn't make too much difference.

I think the drum jamboree in the lobby would have finished me off on a travel day too! Don't blame you for heading to bed - you'd been awake 22 hours by that point!

Looking forward to reading the rest of your report

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 17, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Hahaha. The beds at AKL.

When I was 19 and we stayed there I went to the front desk to ask about something and the guy who checked us in (Norman, adorable little old man who was still there in 2009) asked how our room was, lovely I said, but I could do with a step ladder to get into bed. You know, sarcastically because I'm a sarcastic sod and at 19 didn't realise that American's don't do sarcasm all that well. Next day, we get in the room and there is a mini step at the bottom of my bed. I didn't have the heart to tell Norman that I didn't really need it - did need a little bit of a run up though - so spent the next 12 nights moving the step around so it looked like I'd been using it.

Looking forward to more xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 17, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Oh god you're really putting me to shame here. I've still not written a single day of my trip report, despite having been back for over 2 months. Eeek!

I'd have been RAGING at not being let off the plane first.

Fab day though, apart from immigration!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 17, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I've been looking out for your trip report since I saw on your IG that you were writing it! (I'm not a creepy stalker, promise!)

I'd have been cross about not being let out of PE first too and I had to chuckle about you running out of conversation with the other couple in the queue - that's something I'd do! Shame you're not allowed to use your phone in the queue as that would have been a good tactic to ease the awkwardness
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 17, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Great travel day, loving the snack haul on the plane! I’d have also been annoyed at not being first of the plane - disgraceful
And washing m&m’s? I’m actuslly wondering the bag or individually
Old 8 Dec 17, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh immigration queues are such a pain. We’ve waited several hours and merely a few mins. No consistency!
Old 8 Dec 17, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Gusgusmummy
Imagineer

Gusgusmummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Brilliant travel day ! Rubbish about immigration after a long flight. The room looks lovely we plan to visit akl when we are over just to have a nosey. Looking forward to your Epcot day
Gusgusmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List