katebush95
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Brilliant day! Loving reading your report 💕

Glenbrook Villa April 2009
Highgrove Villa July 2011
New York New York April 2017

Back to the magic take two! November 2022 Pre-Trip report
katebush95 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 17, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Great first day! Don't you forget how heavy it is on your feet? ! 😳 Mine were literally burning! Lots of fab photos as usual. Can't wait for MK day😊
Old 15 Dec 17, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

What a busy first day!

Great work rope dropping Soarin and getting 2 rides. I didn't get the scents when we did it, I wonder if where you sit affects it.

I know what you mean about the fish in the Land, I felt bad for them being in those small tanks. I found the part through the greenhouses good though, really interesting.

Thanks for the info on the You Are Here mugs, we use ours and it is good to know they can withstand repeated washing.

Mousegear is excellent, I preferred it to World of Disney as it didn't seem so manic - pus was a useful cut through from the fountains to Mission:Space. That Haunted Masion stocking is great too.

I remember we had Walter Kronkite narrating when we went as a family years and years ago. I wouldn't take Judy losing your photo personally either - she seems to do that a lot!

My gosh, I would worry when they prepared their sick bags when getting on the ride! Glad they weren't used. Is green very different from orange? Do you still get the simulator feeling?

Good work snacking and drinking around the world. That margarita FIESTAAAAAH looks excellent. I got ID'd in Germany too, perhaps they are just very fastidious about it there? It made my day either way. Shame you didn't enjoy the grapefruit beer but glad you found something else you liked.

The Norway restrooms are good, aren't they? I've recommended them too, hahaha, The things Disney people will discuss!

The drink in France looks really good too, and as it's your photo, how funny that the Photopass guy wasn't happy with it being in the shot.

The Christmas decorations look great, suitably festive but without being obnoxiously OTT, like you can see the World Showcase pavillions are decorated without being overwhelmed.

Sounds like such a busy, fun packed day, and you walked miles, no wonder you called it a night early and hopped on the bus back to AKL.

Thanks for sharing your trip - i'm really enjoying reading it.

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 17, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Great first day, can't believe you were out so long on your first day

I'm with you on the scooters too unfortunately

I really enjoyed frozen as well, lovely little ride

Sorry but the not talking and no eye contact is a London thing. I regularly talked to people on the Disney buses
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 17, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Busy 1st day and I agree with you about the UK pavilion, the smell of stale beer from the pub is awful.
Old 18 Dec 17, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Fantastic day! Love the R2D2 balloon! Looking forward to more
Thank you! I was really pleased with the balloon. A loved it too.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 17, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by katebush95 View Post
Brilliant day! Loving reading your report 💕
Thank you very much - pleased you’re enjoying it.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 17, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JenD1 View Post
Great first day! Don't you forget how heavy it is on your feet? ! 😳 Mine were literally burning! Lots of fab photos as usual. Can't wait for MK day😊
I always know about the feet thing which is why I audition so many shoes in preparation. This is the first year I’ve worn trainers out there though and it made such a difference. Still sore by the end of the day though, it’s amazing how those miles just rack up.
Old 18 Dec 17, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
What a busy first day!

Great work rope dropping Soarin and getting 2 rides. I didn't get the scents when we did it, I wonder if where you sit affects it.

I know what you mean about the fish in the Land, I felt bad for them being in those small tanks. I found the part through the greenhouses good though, really interesting.

Thanks for the info on the You Are Here mugs, we use ours and it is good to know they can withstand repeated washing.

Mousegear is excellent, I preferred it to World of Disney as it didn't seem so manic - pus was a useful cut through from the fountains to Mission:Space. That Haunted Masion stocking is great too.

I remember we had Walter Kronkite narrating when we went as a family years and years ago. I wouldn't take Judy losing your photo personally either - she seems to do that a lot!

My gosh, I would worry when they prepared their sick bags when getting on the ride! Glad they weren't used. Is green very different from orange? Do you still get the simulator feeling?

Good work snacking and drinking around the world. That margarita FIESTAAAAAH looks excellent. I got ID'd in Germany too, perhaps they are just very fastidious about it there? It made my day either way. Shame you didn't enjoy the grapefruit beer but glad you found something else you liked.

The Norway restrooms are good, aren't they? I've recommended them too, hahaha, The things Disney people will discuss!

The drink in France looks really good too, and as it's your photo, how funny that the Photopass guy wasn't happy with it being in the shot.

The Christmas decorations look great, suitably festive but without being obnoxiously OTT, like you can see the World Showcase pavillions are decorated without being overwhelmed.

Sounds like such a busy, fun packed day, and you walked miles, no wonder you called it a night early and hopped on the bus back to AKL.

Thanks for sharing your trip - i'm really enjoying reading it.
No scents at all? Like me on the last one, I could never smell the oranges. Thought it was a myth.

The green Mission Space is still fairly intense if you ask me. It’s still claustrophobic and the launch part is the same as orange, with the g force pulling you back. But you don’t spin, so the rest of the ride post-launch is altogether more pleasant.

I was surprised by how unobtrusive the Christmas decorations were. I was expecting it to be like NewYork where we were sick of Christmas by the time we got home. But actually, the music was the only thing - I really missed the traditional theme park music after a day of being there.
Old 18 Dec 17, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
Great first day, can't believe you were out so long on your first day

I'm with you on the scooters too unfortunately

I really enjoyed frozen as well, lovely little ride

Sorry but the not talking and no eye contact is a London thing. I regularly talked to people on the Disney buses
We always seem to go hard on day one - we’re just so excited and happy to be there.

Andy and I are not skilled in the art of just chatting to people when we are out and about. He’s from the North East but is just as shy as I am!