Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 29 Dec 17, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
Just catching up. What an entertaining read! The scenario in Tusker House made me laugh. Can just imagine it now.

Also love love love Expedition Everest!

Looking forward to reading more.

Melissa x
I still cringe when I think about Tusker House. Poor old Mickey.

Everest is my favourite ride ever, I never get bored of it.

Thanks for checking in!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow, that is one seriously busy day.

I found the food at Tusker really good, but it was super hot when we were there. I am amused that waitress Sue made you wait to get food on the promise of visiting ducks who shoved off to do a dance.

You really filled the day and found lots to do and see.

The bowls at the canteen in Pandora look and sound really good. I hope Disney keeps the creative menu there and doesn't swap it out for standard quick service fare. The beef looks delicious.

We missed Rivers of Light, and i'm not sure that I mind. Apparently there was supposed to be more of a plot to it, but chunks of it got cut. Maybe it would have been better if those cut bits were still there.

I am very impressed at your 12 hour AKL day, good going! Thanks so much for sharing, it is a pleasure to read.

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
Wow, that is one seriously busy day.

I found the food at Tusker really good, but it was super hot when we were there. I am amused that waitress Sue made you wait to get food on the promise of visiting ducks who shoved off to do a dance.

You really filled the day and found lots to do and see.

The bowls at the canteen in Pandora look and sound really good. I hope Disney keeps the creative menu there and doesn't swap it out for standard quick service fare. The beef looks delicious.

We missed Rivers of Light, and i'm not sure that I mind. Apparently there was supposed to be more of a plot to it, but chunks of it got cut. Maybe it would have been better if those cut bits were still there.

I am very impressed at your 12 hour AKL day, good going! Thanks so much for sharing, it is a pleasure to read.
I’m still quite impressed we managed to fill 12 hours at AK, to be honest. Pandora definitely helps pad out the day, and we spent a lot of time just pottering about. A definite yes to the beef bowl. It was so good we planned to go back and have another one later on in the trip but sadly we ran out of time.

I think RoL is going to be a “once every few trips”. I reckon you can get just as good a view by the Everest photopass point opposite the bird theatre than necessarily needing a seat.

Oh those pesky ducks and their dancing. I know I mocked poor Sue Sylvester but I don’t envy her one little bit - being a waitress at a buffet seemed like one tough gig considering you don’t actually have to serve food or take orders for anything other than hot drinks!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

We love Tusker House, it's worth enduring the awkward character meet for! I think we've come to the conclusion that we prefer Boma though, much more chilled out, as long as you eat off-peak.

You squeezed loads in today! Really enjoyed your thoughts on Flight of Passage too.

Share your views of Rivers of Light, I really didn't get it, I definitely thought it would be more along the lines of Fantastmic!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 17, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
We love Tusker House, it's worth enduring the awkward character meet for! I think we've come to the conclusion that we prefer Boma though, much more chilled out, as long as you eat off-peak.

You squeezed loads in today! Really enjoyed your thoughts on Flight of Passage too.

Share your views of Rivers of Light, I really didn't get it, I definitely thought it would be more along the lines of Fantastmic!
The food definitely surpassed my expectations at Tusker House. It all felt a bit rushed and I dont think we got our money’s worth as we could have eaten a lot more. I’d definitely book it again, Andy isn’t so sure. Interesting about Boma - it sounded so chaotic each time we walked past that we just mentally ruled it out.

Loved Flight of Passage. It’s been a long time since anything in Disney blew me away like that. Shame I couldn’t say the same for RoL!
Old 30 Dec 17, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Gosh that was a long day in AK. For us, obviously before Pandora it's always been a half day park. We will see if that's changed this trip.

I've skipped your explanations. Of ROL and Fop as we want to be surprised.

Shame there wasn't another wardrobe malfunction, of only for the trippy
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 17, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Gosh that was a long day in AK. For us, obviously before Pandora it's always been a half day park. We will see if that's changed this trip.

I've skipped your explanations. Of ROL and Fop as we want to be surprised.

Shame there wasn't another wardrobe malfunction, of only for the trippy
It was still a little harder to spend a full day there to be honest. Mainly as there are so few places to stop and sit and relax. The wall outside Starbucks is no substitute for the hub, or a bench in World Showcase.

It’s so hard writing a TR and not spoiling it for others. I know what you mean though, I’d avoided everything about RoL, Pandora and Kong this time around. We can compare notes when you’re back!

Ha! Well there is that I suppose, although I was quite pleased everything stayed where it was meant to be this time!
Old 31 Dec 17, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Absolutely loving reading this report. Lol at bopping Mickey on the nose. Getting me all excited for our next trip in 2019
lemon-squeeze is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 18, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Great day, I went to AK this last trip to see Pandora but as I wasn't staying onsite I couldn't get booked up for FOP. Seeing as I knew that I was going again in short order I decided to wait. I find AK the hottest of the parks, which I know is insane but it always seems to be baking when I go there. I did manage 2 back to back rides on Everest, 1 with FP and the other as a solo rider. The food looks great, I find I'm always underwhelmed at Disney with the food, one of the reasons I haven't gone for the Dining Package this time but I do love a gherkin and coriander (or cilantro as our American friends call it). I have to confess I saw ROL also on a dining package in my trip in April this year and it was nice but wouldn't rush back - the warm up wasn't as good as Fantasmic and the show was much more subtle than I expected. I also went to Tusker House and was very disappointed in the food (I avoided the meet n greets as I would feel strange doing them).
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 18, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lemon-squeeze View Post
Absolutely loving reading this report. Lol at bopping Mickey on the nose. Getting me all excited for our next trip in 2019
Thank you. I’m pleased you’re enjoying it.
Yes, poor Mickey. I was mortified!