Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 18 Dec 17, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Honeymoon 14th-21st June 2018

Hey all,
So I have just had a panic because i realised it was within 180 days of our honeymoon and so i jumped on to the Disney site and booked a load of meals that I know we wanted to do... and now thinking about it, we dont even know what we are doing on the days we're there!
So far I have booked;
Friday 15th - Breakfast - Be Our Guest breakfast
Sunday 17th - Dinner - Sci-Fi Dine-In
Wednesday 20th - Dinner - Cinderella's Royal Table
Thursday 21st - Lunch - Akershus Royal Banquet Hall.

We're staying at POR and have decided to be at Epcot for our last day as it's closest to the hotel for transfer back to hotel about 4pm.
I am thinking about booking California Grill one eve although that would mean three booked meals in Magic Kingdom and I'm not sure if thats a good idea or not? We are first timers here, we have park tickets for the week and also the Disney Dining Plan so can be flexible with spending mornings / afternoons here and there (although Im guessing much less convenient than spending whole days in one park).
I know we'd love to do the safari and dinner package at Animal Kingdom although that's a separate cost but would be best with a whole day there, either on the Sat / Mon or Tues i guess.

Obviously I want this to be perfect for myself and the new wife but its just so bloody daunting!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 17, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

I would book the meal at the Cali grill and time it so you could watch the fireworks from there.
If you want to do both the safari and dinner package I would do them the same day, also have you thought about dinner one night at Disney springs?
emmabanana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

I have never really been taken by the cali grill dinner menu, but what I would REALLY recommend is the brunch that they do on a sunday. It is absolutely fabulous! It was one of the stand out highlights of our last trip, it was just so different to everything else and felt really unique and special. The view is just beautiful and there are some lovely musicians playing, not to mention all you care to enjoy mimosas!

We enjoyed it so much we have it on our ADR list for this year too! (which will be out honeymoon also!)
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 18, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post

I cant believe how quickly this is coming around!
A little over 3 months away but i have a question, kind of, as we are caught in two minds... This is about the Wanyama Safari with the dinner at Jiko - so its $209pp, exc taxes apparently which takes the price up a bit but Mrs Bobbaford to-be is worried about the balance between our budget, spending money and potentially dropping $500 to do this tour and dinner.
There's only the two of us for our honeymoon (obvs) for a week staying at POR. Weve got the middle dining plan with one TS meal, 7-day park tickets inc magic maker etc SO i guess the question if someone can help is how much 'essential' spending money people might recommend taking?
I know we'll need to buy drinks and some souvenirs. We arent planning on going outside of Disney and we wont be buying lots of 'stuff' (unless we get very generous donations for wedding presents ) however we wont want to be too tight or miss out on stuff - we might only be there once.
Any thoughts will be very welcome.
Many thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List