Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 Dec 17, 06:06 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi Helen, I’m all caught up & loving your trippie as always! Sorry I haven’t commented on your other days, having a newborn means reading each day in 5000 small parts but I’ve enjoyed them all.

That bar at HS sounds great, hubby would love the flight. Well done for conquering tower of terror! That strangely makes me feel better to know you don’t free fall now too.

Oh blaze. Yum.

Sorry to read you weren’t clicking with AKL - did it improve? Strange they didn’t put up the Christmas Decs yet. Hope you got to see them.

Did the crowds tail off before you came home?

Thanks for another entertaining read & pigs in blanket pizza sounds delish - will be keeping an eye on IG accordingly 😊
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 17, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Very busy day and I'm with you about people who can't decide what they want to eat even though they've been in the queue for 10 mins, it drives me nuts.
Old 23 Dec 17, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Brilliant day! Loving your Sephora haul! Can't wait to get in there haha The buses crack me up, I can't do them anymore, I don't have the patience, it's got to be a car. Pizzas look awesome too. Glad you enjoyed TOT it's amazing! Really enjoying your report, looking forward to the next installment
I love Sephora - wish it was still in the UK - I seem to do so much damage there every time I find one.

Thank you for reading - glad you're enjoying the report. Just about to post the next instalment.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 17, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MikeH23 View Post
Another interesting read & would have been our ideal day as we love Hollywood Studios & really looking forward to trying Blaze next year 👍
You definitely won't be disappointed with Blaze, it was probably one of our favourite meals on the whole trip!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 17, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Great day in the end at US, and what a fab make up haul. The pizza looked yummy too. I can't wait to try out Blaze.
I'm really pleased with the make-up haul, I've used those palettes non-stop for the past month.

Blaze is awesome - I can't wait to hear what you think - and see your blurry pizza photos
Old 23 Dec 17, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Hi Helen, I’m all caught up & loving your trippie as always! Sorry I haven’t commented on your other days, having a newborn means reading each day in 5000 small parts but I’ve enjoyed them all.

That bar at HS sounds great, hubby would love the flight. Well done for conquering tower of terror! That strangely makes me feel better to know you don’t free fall now too.

Oh blaze. Yum.

Sorry to read you weren’t clicking with AKL - did it improve? Strange they didn’t put up the Christmas Decs yet. Hope you got to see them.

Did the crowds tail off before you came home?

Thanks for another entertaining read & pigs in blanket pizza sounds delish - will be keeping an eye on IG accordingly 😊
Hellooo! Thank you for making the time to check in! Hope motherhood is treating you well.

The beer flight was delicious, I would definitely recommend it. I can't speak highly enough of the 7.7% IPA, as you may have gathered!

I think the thing was that we just didn't spend enough time at AKL. While it was super that our room was so near the lobby and the lifts, it meant we didn't see a lot of the animals, plus having a car park view probably took away a little of the magic. And walking round the bunk beds did get a little tiresome. Sure, we could have asked to be moved but you know what it's like when you get settled into a room. Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful resort and we are so pleased we were lucky enough to get to stay there, I think we just didn't take the time to immerse ourselves properly.

Yes, the crowds did tail off a little - thank goodness!
Old 23 Dec 17, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Very busy day and I'm with you about people who can't decide what they want to eat even though they've been in the queue for 10 mins, it drives me nuts.
I'm glad I'm not alone on this one. I know there are only two of us so it does make it easier to choose and order, but honestly, people were treating the QS ordering points like it was full-on table service.
Old 24 Dec 17, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Toff Princess
Getting Excited

Toff Princess's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 21
The bus situation you are describing is shocking. I know its a ‘free’ service but I feel it is very much included/payed off by the huge prices we pay. It should have been better and more prompt. I think thats also adding to the not-paarticularly-loving feeling you are getting for AKL. Its irritating!

We were pretty lucky most of our holiday with the busses. Disney Springs and AK to GF runnlike a dream. However being on the Poly route of Disney Springs means busses are full full.

The worst bus situation we had was after Ohanas breakfast not being able to get on the Hollywood Studios one due to how many people there were and having to grab a mears to make our fast passes. That happened to us 2x at Poly but in general even grabbing a monorail there can be an issue. After our Kona cafe dinner there were so many people we had to wait for two to pass before getting on the third. I honestly feel like they need to 1.lower the maximum capacity at all the parks and 2.provide a faster bus service with more busses 3.assess if they really need any more hotels or villas. Too many people on Disney Property at any given time! A hotel lobby really should be empty at certain parts of the dau for that reason id never stay at Poly!
Old 26 Dec 17, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Well done for braving ToT I did it last year but had been on it in the 90’s when it absolutely terrified me! Last year I loved it!
Breakfast burritos and pizza looked good, interesting display at Starbucks - good delights! Bit random!
I’m interested in the guardians meet and greet if there’s a Chris Pratt lookalike
Old 28 Dec 17, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Another great day

Joan