Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 1 Jan 18, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
DHS is my favourite park - and TOT my favourite ride. I always go there and try and ride more than once, it'll be good when they add more rides back to the park though. TOT in DHS is so much better than the one in DLP, much more immersive experience. I do RNR but it shakes my head about so I get a headache and the Frozen singalong was funny for the narrators who are excellent.
If you like matte lipsticks that don't budge can I recommend the Maybelline Superstay ones? I know it's a cheap brand but seriously they don't budge. I am on a mission to get makeup that I apply once in the morning and that stays put all day. Estee Lauder doublewear foundation, the Maybelline lippy, Benefit "They're real" mascara all work. Less effective is KVD lipliner 24hrs sold to me as eyeliner and Sisley eyeshadow sticks. The search continues.
As for buses, I tried the first few days without a car earlier this year and it wasn't a success for me. Getting to the parks was fairly ok but leaving was a pain in the backside as I had very sore feets and hated waiting for > 20 mins which seemed to happen very often.
Nice to hear that someone else still feels the love for DHS. There’s just something about the atmosphere I love. Although this year they were playing Christmas music rather than the traditional Hollywood soundtrack. Whilst I’m all for upgrading and bringing new things to the parks, I really hope they keep some of that old magic.

I will check out the Maybelline lipsticks, thank you for the tip! Funnily enough I’ve just repurchased They’re Real as I forgot my mascara when I was staying away with work recently. I love the formula but it does have a bit of a grey tint on me. I liked Rollerlash too, once I’d worked out how to use the brush. I don’t really need any new makeup at all but it’s always nice to treat yourself once in a while. I’m a big fan of primer for getting stuff to stay put all day, and that ABH brow pomade is just genius.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 18, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
Nice to hear that someone else still feels the love for DHS. There’s just something about the atmosphere I love. Although this year they were playing Christmas music rather than the traditional Hollywood soundtrack. Whilst I’m all for upgrading and bringing new things to the parks, I really hope they keep some of that old magic.

I will check out the Maybelline lipsticks, thank you for the tip! Funnily enough I’ve just repurchased They’re Real as I forgot my mascara when I was staying away with work recently. I love the formula but it does have a bit of a grey tint on me. I liked Rollerlash too, once I’d worked out how to use the brush. I don’t really need any new makeup at all but it’s always nice to treat yourself once in a while. I’m a big fan of primer for getting stuff to stay put all day, and that ABH brow pomade is just genius.
I just got some benefit brow thing when I was getting my brows done in Debenhams. Poor girl, my brows hadn't been done for a while and were unruly to say the least. I have started finding weird Dennis Healey long white hairs in my brows - the joys of getting old.
I'll give the ABH thing a go tho after I go through the Benefit one.
I know I should use primer but honestly I'm a 10 min max makeup person, sometimes I remember (mostly I don't) . Did you know you can get a very economical Duo "they're real" mascara pack in Duty free?
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 18, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Wowsers, DHS looked crazy busy... those wait times were ridiculous! Loving all the Christmas trees though, I find it so funny to see Christmas decorations in the sunshine!

I am so proud of you for finally facing your fear of ToT... apologies for all the peer pressure that Rach and I piled on, but we knew you would love it so it was totally worth it! So happy this wasn't the only time you rode it this holiday too!

Oh that pizza at Blaze looked just delicious, I am so excited to try this place on our next visit. And having seen a photo just today of your own pizza creation I can say yours are looking pretty damn good too!

Good for you on having having an early night, no doubt very much needed (especially given how crazy busy you had been at work on the lead-up to this trip... I'm amazed you weren't falling asleep in the queues... to be fair if you had entertained that 160 minute wait for RnR that may just have happened!)

Such a great day, I'm excited for a Universal instalment next!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 18, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
hross42877
Imagineer

Mobile

Definitely trying that pizza place! It looks delish!

Holiday Inn I-Drive (Honeymoon!) Oct2003 /Quality Inn Plaza Feb 2005
Sheraton Studio City International Drive Oct 2010/2012/2013
Animal Kingdom Kidani Village Oct 2014/2016/2018/2023
Atlantis Palm Dubai? 2024
hross42877 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 18, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I loved Blaze so much. Have basically been craving it every single day that I've been on a diet since coming back.

I too conquered my fear of ToT in 2017 so I think we should both be very proud of ourselves

Sometimes an early night on holiday is just what you need - particularly when life has been manic before going away!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 18, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
I just got some benefit brow thing when I was getting my brows done in Debenhams. Poor girl, my brows hadn't been done for a while and were unruly to say the least. I have started finding weird Dennis Healey long white hairs in my brows - the joys of getting old.
I'll give the ABH thing a go tho after I go through the Benefit one.
I know I should use primer but honestly I'm a 10 min max makeup person, sometimes I remember (mostly I don't) . Did you know you can get a very economical Duo "they're real" mascara pack in Duty free?
Maybe you can bring back Dennis Healey brows for 2018? Personally I’m waiting for the day that bald faces come into fashion, I’ll be laughing.

I think I’ve got my routine down to about 25 mins which is ridiculous really but I do need that third coat of mascara, honest... erm...

I did not, thank you. Will see how I get on re-discovering They’re Real. I haven’t used it for a couple of years - the one thing that narks me about it is it takes longer to remove than it does to apply.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 18, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Wowsers, DHS looked crazy busy... those wait times were ridiculous! Loving all the Christmas trees though, I find it so funny to see Christmas decorations in the sunshine!

I am so proud of you for finally facing your fear of ToT... apologies for all the peer pressure that Rach and I piled on, but we knew you would love it so it was totally worth it! So happy this wasn't the only time you rode it this holiday too!

Oh that pizza at Blaze looked just delicious, I am so excited to try this place on our next visit. And having seen a photo just today of your own pizza creation I can say yours are looking pretty damn good too!

Good for you on having having an early night, no doubt very much needed (especially given how crazy busy you had been at work on the lead-up to this trip... I'm amazed you weren't falling asleep in the queues... to be fair if you had entertained that 160 minute wait for RnR that may just have happened!)

Such a great day, I'm excited for a Universal instalment next!
It was weird at first, a sunny Christmas, but we soon got used to it. The trees looked amazing at night too.

Ahhh ToT. I’m very happy we rode it and I felt silly afterwards as it was just great fun. I should have known Disney wouldn’t let me down.

Blaze is a must-do. My pizzas are coming along but they can’t quite compare... yet.

Ha. It wasn’t even an “early night” - we were genuinely shattered. We found the pace a lot tougher this time, especially in the mornings when we just couldn’t get going.
Old 3 Jan 18, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by hross42877 View Post
Definitely trying that pizza place! It looks delish!
A definite must do! One of the best pizzas I’ve ever had. And we are no strangers to a pizza.
Old 3 Jan 18, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
I loved Blaze so much. Have basically been craving it every single day that I've been on a diet since coming back.

I too conquered my fear of ToT in 2017 so I think we should both be very proud of ourselves

Sometimes an early night on holiday is just what you need - particularly when life has been manic before going away!
I think they must put something addictive in the dough. So good.

Ahhhhh well done! We’re so brave! Ha ha. High five!

Yes, we were just wiped out. Could have done with a few days before the holiday just to chill out and get ready I think. We weren’t that tired physically (as being cooler helped) but the not sleeping very well was taking its toll.
Old 8 Jan 18, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
And that's why we drive. Every trip we get tempted by the busses so we can have a couple of drinks each but it's never worth it. Took us an hour once to get from SSR to Narcoosees once we were on the bus

So glad you got on TOT. It's the best ride ever 😁

Edited at 08:43 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List