Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Jan 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Wowsers what a jam packed day, no wonder that step count was so high!

Such a shame Universal was so busy, most odd on a Monday... I guess fast approaching Thanksgiving had something to do with it!

What a wait in Starbucks, even more insulting that at the end go it your drink was horrid *sob* And as for A stealing your cookie... unacceptable husband behaviour! He owes you a cookie!

Such a shame D-Luxe was a let down. You share Paul's distaste for having to order fries separate to a burger... it is for this very reason that I had never had a GBK until our trip there, he refuses to entertain it!

Saratoga Springs looks gorgeous, I am so excited for your full review next year!

Another great day and a superb read as always!
I think this is our record step day - not just on the holiday, but ever! It was just manic. Rivalling Lisa & Paul step counts!

Hmmm yes, the burger and fries thing is a big ole swizz, isn’t it? Just stick another couple of dollars on the price and give me a fries/salad option! I guess it’s meant to encourage people to share or something...
As if!

A gave me one of his Christmas biscuits from his family size selection box so I guess that’s something...

I’m so excited for Saratoga as it was so pretty and peaceful. Well - if we ever get our confirmation, that is. Grrr!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 18, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Wow that was a long day
We felt the same about the Jimmy Fallon ride although the kids really loved it.
Another great read, thank you
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by codym View Post
Wow that was a long day
We felt the same about the Jimmy Fallon ride although the kids really loved it.
Another great read, thank you
I think this was our biggest day, step-wise. Such a shame Jimmy Fallon was so nausea-inducing though. I think we’ll probably skip it next time to be honest. Unlike me to feel iffy.

Thanks for reading - glad you’re enjoying the report!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 18, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
What a shame Universal was so busy. We stayed there over 10/11 November last time in an attempt to beat the Veterans' Day crowds - but there were no crowds! Universal was deserted! (MK was apparently rammed though.)

Can't believe you didn't grow up with Cat in the Hat! I have to say though, the ride is not the same now it doesn't really spin.

Sounds like you made the most of AK which was a good thing after such a long day.

We really enjoyed SSR, particularly the 10 minute walk to DS Marketplace - we spent so much time there! It's true that Artists' Palette doesn't offer much, but then I guess the majority of people are DVC and will have full kitchens - plus, DS is sooooo close. s
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

What a shame it was so busy at Universal but at least the rest of the day was successful, I feel like you did loads. Sometimes I think it’s better to cut your loses and move on otherwise the day becomes annoying. I liked your like excursion to Saratoga Springs even though I was saying in my head “your not staying there now” I keep forgetting your on the qsdp you must have so many credits left you barely seem like your eating much!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
What a shame Universal was so busy. We stayed there over 10/11 November last time in an attempt to beat the Veterans' Day crowds - but there were no crowds! Universal was deserted! (MK was apparently rammed though.)

Can't believe you didn't grow up with Cat in the Hat! I have to say though, the ride is not the same now it doesn't really spin.

Sounds like you made the most of AK which was a good thing after such a long day.

We really enjoyed SSR, particularly the 10 minute walk to DS Marketplace - we spent so much time there! It's true that Artists' Palette doesn't offer much, but then I guess the majority of people are DVC and will have full kitchens - plus, DS is sooooo close. s
Those are our dates for this year (first two weeks of Nov) so we'll have to make a plan for Veterans Day - Universal could be just the thing as long as there aren't any blackout dates.

No, Dr Seuss has always been a total mystery to me. We tried to watch The Grinch over Christmas and couldn't get on with it at all.

Well...things have progressed slightly and we are now no longer staying at SSR, which I have to say I am mildly peeved about as we only booked it for the location as we enjoyed DS so much. Anyway I am getting ahead of myself as I really must get on with the PTR for that one!
Old 12 Feb 18, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
What a shame it was so busy at Universal but at least the rest of the day was successful, I feel like you did loads. Sometimes I think it’s better to cut your loses and move on otherwise the day becomes annoying. I liked your like excursion to Saratoga Springs even though I was saying in my head “your not staying there now” I keep forgetting your on the qsdp you must have so many credits left you barely seem like your eating much!
I think you're right about cutting your losses - we'd only have wound up stressed and frustrated had we carried on at Universal. We were shocked by how busy it was though and it really makes you appreciate the value of FPs in Disney.

Ha yes, I didn't even know at the time of posting this instalment that we wouldn't end up staying there! But it was lovely to go and have a look around regardless!
Old 15 Feb 18, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
To steal your phrase, I have returned to your trip report after a mid-season break and am looking forward to catching up! Trying not to do more than one a day though so I can savour it

I read you comments about trip report fatigue with interest though as I used to do them but sort of gave up; partly because we do a lot of relaxing and not so much rushing around! Recently stumbled across an old note book with bits of our honeymoon in (10 years ago ) and it was soooo lovely to read stuff in detail.

Thanks for sharing!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Howling at the skip on wheels!

A mixed bag of a day but thank god at Disney you at least get 3 fast Passes!

I now know your Saratoga visit was in vain hey, miss beach club 😜
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 18, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
To steal your phrase, I have returned to your trip report after a mid-season break and am looking forward to catching up! Trying not to do more than one a day though so I can savour it

I read you comments about trip report fatigue with interest though as I used to do them but sort of gave up; partly because we do a lot of relaxing and not so much rushing around! Recently stumbled across an old note book with bits of our honeymoon in (10 years ago ) and it was soooo lovely to read stuff in detail.

Thanks for sharing!
Thank you for reading along - I'm so pleased you enjoyed the report.

I actually think taking the notes is harder than doing the write-up afterwards as you have to be constantly "on" to remember to take photos and note everything down. But it's a lovely thing to have to look back on - these days once you post your photos on social media, they tend to just get forgotten about. I miss old school photo albums!