Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 6 Jan 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Do They Know It's Christmas? Helen&Andy-Nov 17. Day 8: Hollywood Studios, Mama Melrose & Fantasmic

Index is here

Previous day is here

Day 8: Disney Hollywood Studios – Mama Melrose and Fantasmic

“Putting the Holly in Hollywood and the Tinsel in Tinseltown”

I know quite a few of you will be boggling at the fact that today would be our third trip to Hollywood Studios in eight days given that we had only visited the Magic Kingdom once, but it was kind of the way the cards fell around EMH when I was doing the planning. Last night’s trip to see the Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam Christmas show wasn’t planned in but we knew we had to get there for an extra evening as we felt it was going to be too much of a stretch to pack that plus Fantasmic in on the same night. Today we had a lunch reservation at Mama Melrose, which we wanted to keep, so DHS it was.

The “lunch” reservation wasn’t until gone 15:00 so when I was doing our schedule, I had deliberately kept the morning free. We had talked about possibly fitting in a long morning at Volcano Bay, but the weather forecast was showing a 90% chance of rain all day and given that it wasn’t the warmest day anyway, we voted against spending the morning there. This was more or less our only opportunity to go to Volcano Bay but we didn’t feel strongly enough about it to rearrange any of our other days.

In hindsight this might have been a bit silly as we had a three park ticket for Universal which we were planning to upgrade to a two park annual pass later in the trip meaning that we had to fit the Volcano Bay trip in before our last day in Universal (as we didn’t want to fork out for the three park annual pass) but there we go. We’d always said when we found out that our Universal tickets were three parks for the price of two that Volcano Bay would just be an added bonus if we made it. We weren’t really gutted about missing it though as it just wasn’t quite warm enough, plus neither of us are huge fans of water parks anyway – we’ve done Typhoon Lagoon once in four trips and whilst tales of me gashing my knees in the wave pool and failing to get into a rubber ring on the lazy river might make for hilarious trip report reading, it just wasn’t to be. If we decide we want to go there on our next trip, we’ll just pay on the door. I wonder if there is a discount for passholders?

Anyway. The good news today was that we managed to sleep in until 08:00! I feel like I’ve written about nothing but sleep and restrooms in this trip report – sorry about that. We felt great, so got up and got ready. As I’d said, the weather forecast was pretty dismal so for the first time in a very long time on a WDW holiday, I went out during the daytime wearing trousers.

I opted for my Magic Kingdom park map leggings which I had bought on Etsy prior to the trip. I figured as they were made from a swimming costume type fabric that they’d be the best thing if it poured down as at least I stood a chance of drying off quickly, even if I was wearing them to the wrong park.

Andy wore his long trousers that zip off at the knee - I had bought him them for Christmas last year and they worked out really well for him – and also a t-shirt that I gave him for his birthday a few days ago.

We checked the app and somehow we had racked up a room balance of $190 – I think it was the trip to Epcot and also the drinks at Disney Springs that had done that, plus my stupidly expensive Banshee tree decoration, so we spent ages counting out more change and grabbed some notes from the safe.

A point regarding the safe at Animal Kingdom Lodge – it was an old school room safe which had a key to it, rather than programming it with a security code. This was a bit of a pain as we had to take the key everywhere with us. I had a separate zip compartment in my purse so we knew it was safe (ho ho) in there but still felt compelled to check for it a few times a day.

As we were queuing for reception (the woman who had counted out all our change the other day spotted us and suddenly found something very important to be doing in the back room), we wanted to look something up on Google. I can’t actually remember what the original question was but the autofill suggestion made me laugh so much I put it in my notes:

“Why does Disney….. hate mothers?”

I can only think that the woman in front of us at Indiana Jones last night had persistently been asking the internet that question.

We paid the balance off, trying hard not to listen to the list of woes that the woman at the desk next to us was pouring out. She had decided to check out a day early as she was sick of the Thanksgiving crowds, plus had an upset stomach and a 12 hour drive ahead of her. Sucks to be you…

We were at the bus stop at 10:40 and were glad that we weren’t waiting for Animal Kingdom or Epcot as those both had the biggest queues. I was surprised, given that it was Thanksgiving today, that the Magic Kingdom queue wasn’t bigger but maybe everyone had left earlier. We didn’t have to wait long for a bus and we got a seat, so so far the signs were good.

We also had an amazing bus driver, so different from the previous morning where we had tried to get to DHS – this driver put his foot down and absolutely floored it, telling us all not to worry as we were perfectly safe despite the jump to light speed. He told us he preferred to drive fast everywhere as he felt it made his shift go faster, unlike other drivers who apparently feel they get to do less work if they crawl. Nice one. The narrative on the bus had also changed to a festive one, so we found out we were off to the park “that puts the Holly in Hollywood and the Tinsel in Tinseltown”. Nice.

Bag check seemed to take forever today. I mean, we don’t have kids so we don’t really know how much stuff you need to take for them (surely just a bubble wand and they’re all set for the day, no?) but we were constantly surprised by how much stuff people seemed to cart around the parks. Teenage girls seemed to be just as bad for it as anyone else. I carry a small Kipling bag which does have a fair few compartments and zips but it still took a fraction of the time to check rucksacks containing layers and layers of clothes, snacks etc. It often felt like I was queuing behind Mary Poppins and her miracle carpet bag.

It was 11:00 by the time we had cleared security and were into the park. Most places stop doing breakfast at about then, and as ever, the wait for Starbucks was worse than the opening of a new Primark store, so we didn’t really have a destination in mind as to where we should eat. 11:00 felt too early for a full-on quick service burger so we were drawing a bit of a blank.

We thought we’d go and check out the row of quick service places along Sunset Boulevard but we really didn’t fancy anything on offer there (burgers and that awful doughy Disney quick service pizza, yeuch). We were running out of options and I was a bit worried that one of us, if not both, were about to have a hangry moment a la Michael Douglas in Falling Down.

Eventually we decided that just a snack would do, and we got in the queue for the churro cart outside Rock & Rollercoaster, only to be informed that their Magic Band reader had gone down and so they were taking cash payments only. Even though we were only just over halfway through the holiday, we had realised there was no way we were going to be able to use up all our meal and snack credits, so we didn’t want to have to pay cash for this, and left the queue to wander back up Sunset Boulevard.

We were fairly mentally committed to pretzels and churros at this point, and we spotted that Anaheim Produce had them on the menu. We got in the queue there, behind a whole family sporting clothes from Under Armour. We saw this so many times on the trip. I mean, themed family t-shirts are one thing, but I didn’t get the whole matching Under Armour thing. The brand must be a lot more popular in the US than it is over here.

As we were waiting to be served, I spotted two thing that made me raise my (freshly drawn on that morning) eyebrows. Firstly, the forecourt bit for Anaheim Produce has lots of carts and buckets full of ice where they store the drinks and fruit portions for people to choose. I spotted a man walk round the back of the drinks case and after spending a lot of time looking shiftily to see whether anyone was watching (yes, I was, I could see you!) just grabbed a Diet Coke and walked away. THEN he had what I thought must have been an attack of conscience as he came back. Oh no, he was trying it again and this time made off with a bottle of Sprite. Wow.

The thing that made me really annoyed (as if petty theft wasn’t it) was a man who had been fishing around in the ice for a portion of grapes. He then decided he didn’t want to have to queue to pay and so tried to sidle in in front of us. I gave him a stare and pointed towards the back of the queue. He slunk off behind us and the next thing I heard was a lady in a mobility scooter giving him what for, as he had tried to push in in front of her “like I was invisible” and had just stepped over her. I suppose at least he was trying to do the decent thing and pay for his snack, unlike the chap before, but I did think this was pretty out of order. The lady said to me that she had seen him trying to push in front of us and then when he did it to her she simply wasn’t going to stand for it… which made me bite my lip. I know.

We found a table round the back of the area and quickly ate our not-very-healthy breakfast of a pretzel with cheese sauce and a diet coke (me) and a churro and an orange juice (Andy). It was starting to drizzle a bit and I saw a whole family wearing shower caps. I couldn’t tell if they were Under Armour branded shower caps or not.

Given that we hadn’t seen it yet this trip, we decided to go and get in the queue for the Little Mermaid show which was starting at 12:05. We were right at the front of the queue when a whole family charged up to join the lady who was obviously placeholding at the front, and as a result, the barrier went back up and we weren’t allowed in. This was pretty annoying but we were kind of resigned to the crowds by now.

However, it was more annoying when a moment later, the doors opened up again and all the teenage kids from the family who had sneaked in came back out again - we overheard them saying they’d got a fast pass for something else instead so off they went. Unfortunately we weren’t allowed in, despite this, and had to wait for 20 minutes or so outside.

I read more and more in people’s trip reports that they find this attraction dated and not very good any more. I still like it and it still makes me a bit emotional, more so as I expect that eventually this is going to be a casualty of the DHS expansion. I don’t think seeing Kylo Ren singing “Part of Your World” would have quite the same tug on my emotions somehow.

Speaking of singing, we were really near the front but still couldn’t suss out whether Ariel was miming or not.

Eric definitely was, but we weren’t sure about her. Does anyone know whether the singing is live? I think it is, and it is only the spoken word bits that are pre-recorded but I can’t be sure.

Once we exited, we saw that there was 15 minutes before the next Beauty and the Beast show, so we went back down Sunset Boulevard. The theatre was already pretty full and, like lemmings, we followed the crowds to the right, only to see there was nowhere to sit. So we thought “sod it” and walked round the back to the left where there was plenty of space. No-one was being directed this way; maybe it was the fast pass area but there was so much room and only five minutes before the show was due to start so we chanced it.

We’ve seen this show a ton of times and I am glad we have, as I was pretty distracted by the families around us. There was a row of teenage girls in front of us who were really making me laugh as they all had their phones on selfie mode and were filming themselves mouthing along perfectly to all of the songs.

And the elderly man behind us was hilarious as every time a new character came on the stage, he shouted out their name in glee, and just as each song was starting, he was yelling out “this one’s my favourite song!” I think he was a Beauty & the Beast super-fan.

After this, it was time for a quick rest. I was washing my hands and quietly singing along to the song I had made up to the tune of Be Our Guest, for which the lyrics went along the lines of “have a rest, have a rest, put our toilets to the test” when a cast member came up to me and congratulated me on my leggings, then got all the rest of the cleaners to “come take a look”. It was a nice moment but I was just standing there like a lemon for what felt like ages. I’m not very good at interaction, especially when pounced on in a toilet (RIP George Michael).

It was now time for our first fast pass of the day, Toy Story Midway Mania. I was convinced that the man in front of us in the queue was a famous actor but I couldn’t put my finger on who I thought it was, and I was too close to attempt getting away with a photo.

I think this is why I have so many photos of the queue area for this ride, as I was trying to build myself up to taking a surreptitious snap of him….and failed. Here, have the photos anyway.

Looking back at this one of the two of us together, I really should have bought some eye cream in Sephora.

I won this round. Hurrah! In your face, Jessie!

Continued below:

Edited at 02:30 PM.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

After this, we had a walk around the shops, where Andy rightly talked me out of buying yet another grey jumper (“but it’s got a little Mickey on it….”…. “no, you don’t need it”).

We were in one of the shops by a row of soft toys and I suddenly recalled Rachael (RedRach) telling me that the Lotso soft toys were strawberry scented so I decided to have a little scratch and sniff, as it were. Rather than do the sensible thing and pick them up, I proceeded to walk round the various Lotso toys and just bend over and smell them all….and then realised I probably looked a bit strange, a grown woman bending over to sniff the crotch of each Lotso toy in the store, and quickly shuffled out hoping that no-one had seen. Oops.

Despite this potentially embarrassing situation, I then decided to take some more of Rach’s advice, and go and check out the Tune In Lounge which she had visited on her last trip and really enjoyed. It was bedlam though, elbow to elbow so decided today was not the day, and quickly retreated out. However, we were committed to having a drink now, so we walked over to the Baseline Tap. It was busy there but we got a table really easily, and decided on a beer flight each, after we had had a strange and completely unnecessary little altercation with each other about something on the menu.

We sat on a table outside again and were treated to a teenage boy repeatedly bashing his water bottle on the table. Which was nice, and a not very welcome accompaniment to the turgid music that was still playing there. This time we heard breathy reworkings of November Rain and Dancin’ On The Ceiling, plus water bottle percussion.

The photos of the cards describing the beers haven’t really come out very well but I remember having a passion fruit beer that I loved, and of course we had to select the 7.7% IPA again.

I asked Andy to take a photo of me, and he obliged with this result. Watch out for his best-selling photography book folks - that fortune teller knew the truth.

We finished our beers and were happy to see that it was now time for our Mama Melrose reservation. We’ve eaten there as part of the Fantasmic package for the past two trips and we like it there so were more than happy to book it again.

While we were waiting (slightly tipsily) in reception, Andy decided he wanted me to take a photo of the Star Wars bag he received as part of the Disney Floral & Gifts birthday delivery I had got him. He’d had to bring a bag that day as he wanted to bring a poncho and there wasn’t room in mine.

This then sparked this slightly odd run of photos, culminating in one of Sally Struthers’ most excellent hair #Ilikeyourhair

We weren’t pratting around in reception for too long thankfully, as our server arrived to take us to our table. On previous visits we’d been sat front and centre in the brighter part of the restaurant but they obviously didn’t like the look of us today as we were parked at the very rear. It was nicer here actually as it was quieter and more atmospheric with all of the fairy lights in the ceiling. We also got to admire the stuff on the walls – which admired us back:

You get three courses (currently, although I hear the starter is soon to be removed from the package) on the Fantasmic meal package. I went for the Caesar salad to start with, and Andy had the tomato and mozzarella flatbread. The starters were far smaller than they used to be – the salad would easily have fed two previously, whereas I had no problem seeing this off. It was still plenty of food, especially when our server brought out some bread rolls and a little saucer of herbs and spices which she “activated” by pouring olive oil over them. Really delicious, we mopped up the lot.

For drinks, we each had a Sprite as part of the meal package and I also ordered my first wine of the trip, a large glass of cabernet sauvignon, which was very delicious and went down a treat.

For the main course I had the chicken campanelle pasta. I’d had an iteration of this on a previous trip where it was shrimp and broccoli in a cheese sauce and it was delicious. This time though the shrimp was replaced with chicken and the broccoli with spinach and cauliflower, so while it was still very tasty I did prefer the old version – it was mainly as I felt the broccoli went better with the dish than the cauliflower, which made it all a bit beige and mushy. It was nice, but beat me so Andy finished it all off as he was still hungry after his main.

Andy had had the chicken parmigiana, which made me laugh as chicken parm is a very traditional dish in the NE of England which is where he is from. He maintains, however, that he has never had a “parmo” so it didn’t seem fair to continue to mock him for coals to Newcastle (or in this case, parmo to Orlando).

We finished up with the usual trio of desserts which really aren’t worth writing home about.

Tiramisu, an orange cake and a passion fruit cheesecake with the ubiquitous boba balls that appear to be cropping up everywhere. 2018’s next food craze? Move over, pulled pork.

Our bill, including tip, came to $130 which wasn’t bad, and seeing as it was a round number and we had it on us, we left cash rather than charging it to the room. Given that this was three courses, it was a slightly longer meal than the one we had at Sanaa and we left the restaurant at 16:30.

As a side note, I hope you don’t mind that we aren’t eating or reviewing a lot of food on this trip. Day 8 and this was only our third table service meal. We booked AKL not during free dining but during the four free nights offer and so the saving we made on that was used to purchase the quick service plan. If you read my last report, you’ll know that the table service plan just fatigued us and we found we were too hot and bothered most of the time to really make the most of the restaurants so we were very happy to just have the quick service plan this time around and to only pay out of pocket for the few meals we really wanted to do. We’ll see how we get on in 2018, as we are back on the free dining table service plan again but I’m hoping it will work out well for us as we go in November again when it won’t be as hot or tiresome always having to drop everything to travel to a meal. I’m actually looking forward to planning our meals for next time.

I’m getting ahead of myself though (2018’s pre-trip report will be sorted once I have finished this monster). Back to Hollywood Studios, and a peek at the new Star Wars land:

It was time for our next fast pass, which was for the Frozen Sing Along. I just typed “Frozen Ding-Along” then, which would be something very different…

We had great seats, about ten rows back and dead centre. Well, I say we had great seats, I had half a seat really as the chap next to me was fairly sizeable and was doing a full-on manspread across onto my seat. Friendly.

Having seen the show last year, we knew what to expect, but this time it was slightly different as after the main show ended, there was a whole section where the characters were singing new Christmas songs which we had never heard before.

It was a bit bewildering but was still very good and we went along with it. We did think it was a little odd that it was meant to be a singalong (ding-along) and that the characters were singing songs that no-one knew but, well, more on this in a future day’s instalment.

By the time we came out of the show, it was nearly time for our Tower of Terror fast pass. Yep, we were riding it again, hurrah!

We took a slow walk along Sunset Boulevard and stopped to watch the holiday projections on the ride – they were really stunning.

There were also little screens up along the street showing short animations of little festive stories, mainly featuring the Toy Story characters but also the naughty elves from the Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam show.

We entered into the Twilight Zone, and I was actually feeling a little more nervous this time around as I couldn’t remember a thing about the last ride, where I think adrenaline stopped me from feeling frightened, and the nerves were starting to build.

We were in the fourth row and I was by the wall which I was quite pleased about. Just as the doors were closing on us, the bell hop opened them again, stuck his head through and said in a chilling tone “just one more thing…..” and then paused for ages…. “Happy Thanksgiving!”

I can remember all of this ride. The view from the top of the park all lit up at night was absolutely beautiful. There were definitely a load more longer drops on this one but I found it really weird that you don’t lose your stomach. Well, I didn’t, and that was weird to me as I always lose it on Splash Mountain or on the Jurassic Park flume. The zero gravity was fun and I could see my necklace floating up in front of my eyes which was super cool. I held on to the side for the whole ride but I did manage to put one arm up – woo, yeah, half the fun at least!

It was only at the end of the ride that I regretted being so close to the wall. When the lift came down and started retreating backwards, I must have been looking to my right, as I noticed a ventriloquist dummy at come into my vision at my perfect eye level. I jumped out of my skin as it was genuinely a terrifying moment and definitely the most frightening thing about the whole ride. Has anyone else seen it? Tell me I wasn’t hallucinating.

We exited via the shop, and I didn’t buy anything but I did spot Bell Hop Stitch!

Continued below:

Edited at 02:09 PM.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 18, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

That was all of our fast passes done for the day and there weren’t any left. I was playing around on MDE, and somehow got this message, which made Andy laugh long and hard as one of his favourite things to wind me up and say to me is that I suck the fun out of everything. I think he’s joking. I hope.

We had about an hour before Fantasmic was due to start, so we grabbed a bottle of water each (we paid for them, unlike the naughty man earlier) and made our way back to the hub as the movie projection show was starting and we were quite happy to watch it again.

I was pleased to see the lines on the ground were serving to keep people where they needed to be, but unlike last night, everyone was sitting down! What is this wonderful madness? Fabulous.

We wasted no time finding a spot to park ourselves down on the floor, and drank our water, waiting for the show to start. The lady behind me prodded me to ask where I had got my leggings and seemed quite disappointed that they were an Etsy purchase and not available in shops in Disney.

The show then began….and everyone stayed seated on the floor! This was amazing and what Disney dreams are made of. I couldn’t quite believe it, that everyone was still sat down to watch the show. Well. Everyone except THAT guy <eye roll>.

We enjoyed the show again – movie music is always emotive for us, perhaps more so (shhh) than some of the Disney music. At our wedding, we had quite a lot of movie music playing while our guests were arriving (such as the Back to the Future and Superman themes) and our table plan was also based on Hollywood movies – I think this is why Hollywood Studios does still feel like my favourite park as it resonates the most with us. And now we’d conquered Tower of Terror, we had a whole new reason to love it.

We probably could have stayed for the Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam show again but decided we wanted to make it to Fantasmic in good time rather than being rushed so we got up at the end of the movie show.

We once again took a walk down Sunset Boulevard. It felt like we had been bungeeing up and down here all day today. We stopped here for another photo pass, where the photographer also got excited about my leggings. Also, how awesome does Andy’s hair look in this photo?

We found fairly decent seats for Fantasmic, which was already really busy. We prefer to sit near the back, not because we are worried about getting wet, but because it makes for an easier exit. Like the lady had said yesterday, no-one wants to get stabbed or caught in a stampede.

Despite being nearly blinded by the Star Wars light-up ears sported by a kid in front, and deafened by the teenage girls behind us who were screeching to Mariah Carey, we had a really good view and enjoyed the show.

It was the same as ever, except the end on the boat where I was really pleased to see Moana standing on the deck. Moana was one of the surprise hits of the year for me – I really loved the movie and have seen it more times than I should probably admit.

Our sitting at the back plan worked really well and we were out of the amphitheatre really fast, and in turn, out of the park.

The Animal Kingdom Lodge bus stop was the first one in the row (hurrah, as some of them looked really far away) and we were also the last two on the bus. This was great because we got to stand right at the front, and I’m not going to lie, I did pretend that I was driving the bus.

It was really interesting to watch the driver’s screen as all the instructions were flashing up as to where to go and what to do next as well as receiving instructions over the radio, and I even noticed that the centre of the steering wheel had a smiley Mickey face on it. The massive windscreen was more intense than Soarin’, even if the only things we were soarin’ past were Bob’s Barricades.

Andy was laughing at me as I was pretending to drive the bus. I also noticed for the first time that our resort bus stops had the initials of each park on the side of the roof so that the bus driver (i.e. me) knew which one to pull up to.

Once I had safely parked the bus, we went into reception as I wanted to pick up the parcel that had been sent over from the Pandora shop in Animal Kingdom yesterday. I queued up as usual and was then told by the lady on reception that parcels weren’t held there and I needed to go to the shop. No problem, I did a 180 and went into the shop.

It was bedlam in there – there was only one lady on the tills and she was dealing with a customer who had filled her entire basket with stuff, which had all been scanned and when the lady went to pay, she had forgotten the pin number for her Magic Band. Rather than just walk the 20 feet or so to reception to get her pin reset, the lady was kicking up an almighty fuss about this and insisting she could just give the room number for it to be charged to rather than having to put in her pin. This argument went on for quite some time until the customer started shrieking for the manager. It was all a bit much for Andy, who turned tail and scampered off to the room.

Ages ago when I had first said that we were going to be staying at AKL, my good friend Rach asked me whether I could pick up a particular t-shirt for her that she had seen and liked on a previous visit but not purchased. We easily located the t-shirt early on in the trip but they didn’t have it in the right size and so we had been checking daily as to whether there had been a new delivery. We had also spotted said t-shirt in the Animal Kingdom park itself, but again, not in the right size. I was beginning to give up hope until I finally found one tonight and quickly nabbed it in case I didn’t see it again. I also decided that I “needed” the Animal Kingdom Lodge resort mug and fridge magnet, and seized the opportunity of Andy having gone back to the room to do a little bit of sneaky shopping.

Due to the pin-less lady hoo haa (that sounds really wrong), a large queue had built up at the tills. At least there were two people serving now but everyone was buying basketfuls of stuff, most of which had to be wrapped in paper. I finally got to the front, paid for the mug, t-shirt and magnet, and handed over the slip to collect the package. It seemed to take a long time to locate it from somewhere out the back but at last the cast member was back with my banshee tree decoration (in its massive box) and I could leave the shop. I do think that being able to have stuff sent back to the room is a good service and one we would definitely use again if we were buying anything we didn’t want to use immediately or carry around. Could be dangerous though.

By the time I got back to the room at 10pm, Andy was already sound asleep. We hadn’t walked that far today and I wasn’t as shattered as I usually am so I caught up on my trip report notes, re-painted my nails and conked out about an hour later.

I just CTRL+F’d the word “queue” and I have used it 107 times thus far in the trip report. And we’re only just over half way there (woah-oh, livin’ on a prayer).

Please join us tomorrow where we make it back to Magic Kingdom for the first time in a week! ... which can now be found

here

Essential stats:
1 park
5 attractions
14,088 steps
5.94 miles

Edited at 02:10 PM.
Old 6 Jan 18, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I love reading your reports Helen - they’re so lengthy that I can easily lose myself in Disney for far too long instead of doing housework! Looking forward to reading the rest
Old 6 Jan 18, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
redemma13
Imagineer

redemma13's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi Helen,loving your back posting after your festive break! Hope you had a good Christmas and New year! I love the look of a mickey pretzel! Why have I never had 1 of these?! Lol! Another fab day!
Em
xxxx
redemma13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 18, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dixiechic View Post
I love reading your reports Helen - they’re so lengthy that I can easily lose myself in Disney for far too long instead of doing housework! Looking forward to reading the rest
They’re also so lengthy that I haven’t been able to do any housework in weeks while I’ve been writing and posting. Haha. That’s my excuse anyway...

Glad you’re enjoying the report though. Hoping to get the next day up on Monday.
Old 6 Jan 18, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Another great day, love reading your reports
lemon-squeeze is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 18, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by redemma13 View Post
Hi Helen,loving your back posting after your festive break! Hope you had a good Christmas and New year! I love the look of a mickey pretzel! Why have I never had 1 of these?! Lol! Another fab day!
Em
xxxx
Thanks Em. We had a lovely Christmas and New Year. Hope you did too. Proper January blues here!

You’ve never had a Mickey pretzel? 😳 You must! The cheese sauce is something of an acquired taste though - it doesn’t really bear much resemblance to any cheese I’ve ever had before.

Hoping to get the next day up on Monday. Thanks for being such a loyal reader!
Old 6 Jan 18, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lemon-squeeze View Post
Another great day, love reading your reports
Thank you very much, that’s so nice to know!
Old 6 Jan 18, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

I feel very special getting so many mentions today The image of your lotso sniffing is downright hilarious! Doesn’t he smell lush though?

I can’t believe that guy stole 2 bottles of juice! I mean I know disney overcharge, but settle down mate!

Sorry the Tune in Lounge wasn’t nice and quiet like it was for us

So proud of you for doing ToT again! And one arm up too, almost like a pro! I think I have seen the dummy thing you mentioned! Rings a bell anyway! Haha!

I feel like we should try fantasmic again... maybe this year!

Thank you so much for getting my top! Hero!

Fab day at DHS xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List