Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jan 18, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by U2fan View Post
I've seen that there's a free pool you can use at Margaritaville. Did you use/see that Smilesonfaces? I'm tempted to just stay there for a few hours!
Yes there was a pool there you could use although we didn’t. Cocktails, reasonable priced meals. Also you can see the ship so not worried about missing it !
If I were to do it again I would just stay in port area. There are plenty of shops and market stalls to have a look around too. Could look around safely. I wouldn’t say I felt unsafe outside the port but I wouldn’t have wandered too far. Lots of tour guides, taxi drivers approach but as long as you politely say no thank you then they do leave you alone. I just felt that the excursions were way over priced.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
U2fan
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Yes there was a pool there you could use although we didn’t. Cocktails, reasonable priced meals. Also you can see the ship so not worried about missing it !
If I were to do it again I would just stay in port area. There are plenty of shops and market stalls to have a look around too. Could look around safely. I wouldn’t say I felt unsafe outside the port but I wouldn’t have wandered too far. Lots of tour guides, taxi drivers approach but as long as you politely say no thank you then they do leave you alone. I just felt that the excursions were way over priced.
Thanks!
U2fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Some comments from another site:

I've deleted these comments as I don't think they are at all useful here.
For every bad comment, we could all find an equally good one, but you need to make up your own mind about whether to get off the ship or not.

Thank you.

Joa

Edited at 01:39 PM.
act1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Mobile

I wouldn’t let people scare you. Do you not think some people are a bit over dramatic. The port area you have nothing to worry about. If I returned I would just stay in the port area because I felt the excursions (especially when there are 4 of you) were not good value. Myself I don’t think there is any need to stay on the ship the whole day,
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

I wouldn’t let people scare you. Do you not think some people are a bit over dramatic. The port area you have nothing to worry about. If I returned I would just stay in the port area because I felt the excursions (especially when there are 4 of you) were not good value. Myself I don’t think there is any need to stay on the ship the whole day,
Perhaps but to be honest Jamaica was never on my places to go list anyway so I'm not worried about missing anything. Doesn't sound like theres much to miss anyway. I would rather stay on the ship and use the pool there and have access to all the free food anyway

But things have got much worse in Jamaica at the moment and I am just not willing to take any chances especially as I'll have my 8 month old daughter with me. It's just not worth it for a couple of souvenirs.
Old 22 Jan 18, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Mobile

You are probably right. Hopefully you will get to use all the facilities and enjoy a quiet pool.
I wouldn’t be surprised if cruise lines stopped going to Jamaica if customers just don’t want to go there.
Hope you have a fantastic time !
Old 22 Jan 18, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You are probably right. Hopefully you will get to use all the facilities and enjoy a quiet pool.
I wouldn’t be surprised if cruise lines stopped going to Jamaica if customers just don’t want to go there.
Hope you have a fantastic time !
Thank you! 😃☺️

I am wondering the same thing, I’m not sure disney will even stop there and take the chance given that it’s a family cruise line. Time will tell...
Old 23 Jan 18, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Love*my*hols View Post
The port area for the cruise ships at Falmouth is in a secure area with gate and a guard .There is no reason to go outside this unless you are going on an excursion because there is nowhere to walk to .
^^this^^

We did ziplining in Falmouth with Chukka and had a great time (May 16), but we only went out of the port area to get on a scheduled bus.

If you're on an excursion, I really wouldn't worry too much.
Old 23 Jan 18, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
simmofamily
Imagineer

We're off to Montego Bay to join a cruise in 3 weeks. Not worried one bit. Everything is with Thomsons so the coach transfers etc to the ship will be fine. Also have a excursion booked for Dunne Falls and the Bob Sleigh. Looking forward to it no pesky hooligans are going to scare me off!
Old 24 Jan 18, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

In April last year we did a Celebrity cruise which stopped in Falmouth and did a Celebrity organised walking tour of Falmouth which lasted for a couple of hours. We also spent time in the port area which as others have said is gated and guarded.

At no time did we feel threatened or unsafe but I do appreciate that the situation may have changed since then.

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread