Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Feb 18, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
reddwarfposse5
Very Serious Dibber

Am I missing something here? Why is this a loophole when you still have to pay for the accommodation whether you stay there or not? Surely by paying for it, then that entitles you to your Fast Pass for that day?
Old 18 Feb 18, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by reddwarfposse5 View Post
Am I missing something here? Why is this a loophole when you still have to pay for the accommodation whether you stay there or not? Surely by paying for it, then that entitles you to your Fast Pass for that day?
the "loophole" is that all your linked ticket validity (ie 5 days, 14 days etc) becomes available to book FPs at 60 days out (one day at a time), as soon as your check-in date onsite (even if thats only for one night) gets to the 60-day date.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Disney report on a formula based on Average revenue per guest. Part of this is based on the room charges and spend of a hotel guest. If a hotel room is unused then this lowers their revenue. I bet Disney know about it and are looking carefully at their figures. If it becomes an issue expect there to be new rules, such as extra charges if you don't check in etc.
Long term this is cheating the system as eventually, the rules will change to the detriment of everyone. This is why we can't have nice things
Old 18 Feb 18, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Danielle87
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Miss AliJS View Post
I think this thread is going off topic a little. It is there for people to get information. There are many people who cannot afford to stay onsite and are penalised as they cannot get any fast passes for the popular rides, even though they have paid the same ticket price. Yes, those onsite do pay a premium but they do have many advantages like free parking (worth a lot!) and the fact that they can book all fast passes at 60 days makes a big difference, as well as being able to get bookings for CRT and BBB at 180+10.
We should be spreading the love and disney magic and not making moral judgements. We all just want to be able to enjoy a wonderful holiday.
I agree with you. 🤚🏼
Danielle87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

I think getting 5 fop fp is a decent example of how onsite guests do get a premium product for that premium price. I would do the same if i were were on site. Fair enough. But i also think it shows they are not really losing out from this. Those that lose out are actually the offsite guests who dont do it. Though they have the choice to purchase it too if they want.

And it isnt a loophole. Disney offer a service/product. 1 night of accomodation, free parking for 2 days and fp at 60 for your tickets from your arrival date. Some people buy that. They dont use 1 part of it. So what.

The only thing that will ever make disney change it is if either they think it is costing them money (their hotels are not full and guests give this as the reason) or if they decide to start just straight selling it and get more cash for it that way. I think the latter is more likely. But in the meantime i will enjoy making the most of this!
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

The end result of doing this is it will cost everyone in the long term.
Old 18 Feb 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
reddwarfposse5
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
the "loophole" is that all your linked ticket validity (ie 5 days, 14 days etc) becomes available to book FPs at 60 days out (one day at a time), as soon as your check-in date onsite (even if thats only for one night) gets to the 60-day date.
Ah, I see. I think lol.

So for me, if I'm only doing Disney one day and book accommodation for 1 night, then I suppose there is no "loophole" as I'm not gaining anything extra?
Old 18 Feb 18, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by reddwarfposse5 View Post
Ah, I see. I think lol.

So for me, if I'm only doing Disney one day and book accommodation for 1 night, then I suppose there is no "loophole" as I'm not gaining anything extra?
yes, thats right.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
reddwarfposse5
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
yes, thats right.
Thanks. Still not sure if I'll get the FPs at 60 days out anyway so it's something I need to think about.
Old 18 Feb 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
to the detriment of everyone
I would say more to the detriment of people abusing the loophole. Much to the benefit of those who actually stay onsite.
Conno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List