Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 29 Jan 18, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mersey
Helping Donald

First time cruise booking questions.

Sorry if this is a bit basic asking this but ...

1. If we book 11 days in Disneyworld (any resort) and 4 day cruise through virgin holiday cruises do we get our park tickets for the 11 days or is that separate ?

2 As 2 adults one with a visual disability is the cruise a viable break

Sorry if it’s a bit vague but we’ve done Orlando lots of times and fancied a change
mersey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
If you are thinking of staying on site at one of the WDW resort hotels and want to take advantage of free dining then you need to book your park tickets at the same time.
If you are staying off site, or are not going to be there during a free dining promotion then you can book your tickets with whoever you wish ... the UK 14 day ultimate tickets work out at great value as they have the memory maker included. The maximum MYW tickets you can buy is 10 days and really they aren't much cheaper than the 14 day ultimates. Either way, you will have to buy your park tickets, there aren't any combo deals as such ( I know Virgin holidays used to include Disney tickets many years ago if you stayed on site!)
As to who to book the cruise through, you can book direct with Disney or with a TA. Some US TA's in particular sometimes offer on board credit.
Sorry, I can't answer about any help due to your visual impairment, other than to say DCL are fantastic, and I'm sure they would be able to help you

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 18, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

Have you thought about booking this yourself rather than through VA? I'm sure it will work out cheaper

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Definitely book direct or with a US travel agent, not with a UK one like Virgin.

Cruises are suitable for all kinds of people, but there will always be something that someone can't do whatever their disability or condition.

How bad is the visual disability? Will the shows be a waste or would it be ok if they sat near the front by the stage? Cinema - same thing, could they sit at the front and see enough?

I guess a lot of things are visual, but I've seen guide dogs onboard a few of the cruises I've been on, so I'm guessing it must be ok and not a waste for those people?

DCL have a special services department that may be able to give you a little more help and advice. Maybe braille menu's, preferred seating for restaurants so you're near a screen.
Hope that helps
Joa

Edited at 05:08 PM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List