Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 2 Feb 18, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Anyone cruised P&O?

I have a big birthday coming up...

I was all set to book a Thomson's cruise to Norway from Newcastle but there are only Balcony cabins left and the price is too high

I can do a similiar cruise on P & O, or a Greek Islands. I've always fancied doing both itineraries. Norwegian Fjords leaves from Southhampton s the day after my birthday, or Greece leaves Malta on my birthday. There isn't much difference in price, and the Greek price includes flights from Newcastle which is a big bonus.

The downside of leaving from Southampton on the day after my birthday, is I would be spending my birthday driving, unless we went down the day before, but is Southampton a good place to spend a birthday?

Norway is the Ventura, and Greece is on the Oceania.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 18, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I haven't but a friend has cruised with P&O many times and absolutely loves it, the Oceiana is her favourite ship
Old 2 Feb 18, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

My DW used to go on P&O cruises as a child and loves the experience. She has done a few as an adult including one we all did to Norway. We had a great time.

If you cruise from UK you don’t have to worry about luggage allowance and your holiday starts straightaway, although you could argue that you’re wasting a few days getting to the place.
Old 3 Feb 18, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkerBabe
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We sailed the bed on Ventura and had a fabulous time. Really enjoyed everything the ship had to offer, the main restaurants was superb as were the other dining options such as the pizza/burger bar, Indian restaurant etc. Pools were great with fun pool parties and activities, and the range of bars and show venues meant the evenings were fun too. We have been on many cruises, mostly with Royal Caribbean, but I would go on P&O again without hesitation. Their cabins are actually more spacious than others we have stayed in and their fares are good value especially when booking direct.
Old 3 Feb 18, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

I’m going around in circles! Really fancy Norway with P and O. Then saw Princess who are even cheaper but no 3 person cabins. Now looking at ncl. Too many choices!
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
CheshireCaty
Apprentice Imagineer

We sailed with P&O for the first time last year (on Azura) and were really impressed with the ship, service, cabin and food. The entertainment was a little underwhelming (but nothing compares to DCL). I can also highly recommend Norway - sailed 3 times now and would happily go back time and again. Beautiful part of the world!
WDW - 92, 93, 95, 97, 00 x2, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09 x2, 10, 11 x2, 12, 13, 14, 15 x2, 17 x2, 18, 19 x 2, 22--- DLP - 95, 01, 03, 06, 11, 14, 18, 19—- Disney Cruise - 2012 - Bahamas, 13 - Med, 15 - 15n EBTA, 16 - Alaska, 19 - Northern Europe.
"You may have noticed I'm not all there myself" -
CheshireCaty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have done P&O out of Southampton to Norway and enjoyed it. It was Azura which is the same size as Ventura. Not great for adult only area but with your girls that isn’t relevant. I found the evening meals better than disney which was style over substance but the buffet whilst good was not disney standard.

Drinks are cheap and no 18% gratuities like on the US lines. Entertainment is a bit cheesy but not too bad.

I am cruising again this year in June but on Royal Caribbean. Nothing against P&O except we lost my dad at Xmas and mum and I don’t need to be reminded of previous trips at the moment.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

I've got many friends who have sailed with p and o, I have a very good friend who sang on Britannia last summer and is now working on Ventura. I've heard no complaints about service or anything else.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Trouble3
Apprentice Imagineer

Trouble3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've been on P&O Azura around the Caribbean, loved it... esp the afternoon tea.
Old 4 Feb 18, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

I’ve found a third option on the Britannia which is a better date so I think we are going to go for that