Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 6 Feb 18, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Cantcook
Imagineer

I'd highly recommend The Marmara Park Avenue - their room with a balcony is great. Not all rooms have balconies so make sure you email requesting one.
Cantcook is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Gally1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hallowishes View Post
Oooh the Westin is the one I keep coming back to! I've read mainly good reviews, some bad, like about lifts always being full and staff being rude? Can I ask how near it is to 5th Avenue and Times Square? Also are there any quick food places nearby like Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts to get breakfast? Many thanks
15 mins to Times Square & plenty of eating nearby for breakfast. If you’re looking for something a little more central we have also stayed at The Hotel Mela which is also good but very small rooms. This is no more than 2 mins walk to Times Square.
Old 11 Feb 18, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
angel191078
VIP Dibber

We have just returned and had a lovely 4 nights at the Casablanca. This could not be in a more central location 2 mins from Times square and walkable to the big attractions like empire state and top of the rock. This hotel does not have any rooms with a view but what it lacks there it makes up for in many other ways. The staff were amazing, free breakfast and snacks through the day and not forgetting the cheese & wine evening every day from 5 - 8. It really was fab, can't recommend enough

angel191078 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
nick.66
Getting Excited

We're staying in the Intercontinental Barclay in a a few weeks, got a really good deal through BA holidays. Looks lovely in the pictures, I'll let you know what it was like when we get back.
nick.66 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Hallowishes
Imagineer

Thanks everyone I’m still trying to decide, can’t surprise the girls till I’ve got a hotel booked 😳😤 I keep going back and forth between The Conrad near OWO, lovely suites and near the Westfield Mall, and The Westin Grand Central, wish someone could make my mind up for me! 😆 Keep looking on Expedia, Hotels.com and BA Hotels daily, offers change daily, hotels are within budget I just need a nudge in the right direction!

Holiday Inn LBV 2000, Cancun 2000, DLP Disneyland Hotel 2002, Atlantis-Bahamas 2002, Wyndham Orlando 2003, Sheraton Safari 2004, 2006, Disney's Port Orleans Riverside 2007,2009,2010,2011,2013 & 2014 & 1nt.at Y&BC & CR, New York 2018, DLP Sequoia Lodge 2024.
Hallowishes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

Hi,

We stayed at Westhouse Hotel which I believe is on 57th Street and a few blocks back from Central Park. It's a short walk into Times Square but far enough away! It's a lovely boutique style hotel, however there is a service charge per night of around $40 each which includes breakfast, wifi, bottles water in your room, drinks and eats from 5-7pm (including wine, beer, Prosecco etc). It sounds a lot but it's really good value for money and we didn't need to eat out most nights as the food they put on was like having a meal in itself! I couldn't recommend this hotel enough and would go back for certain. Have a great time
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Hallowishes View Post
Thanks everyone I’m still trying to decide, can’t surprise the girls till I’ve got a hotel booked 😳😤 I keep going back and forth between The Conrad near OWO, lovely suites and near the Westfield Mall, and The Westin Grand Central, wish someone could make my mind up for me! 😆 Keep looking on Expedia, Hotels.com and BA Hotels daily, offers change daily, hotels are within budget I just need a nudge in the right direction!
Personally, first time on my own with the kids, although they where 19 and 16 I chose to be more central. So if the choice is between those 2 I would go The Westin Grand Central.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
debs2028
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BarrettFamily View Post
Do NOT stay at the Ameritania near Central Park. Over priced for tiny, dark rooms.
Oh I’ve booked here but did get a very good rate . It gets good reviews , can you tell me why it’s so bad as would appreciate as can still cancel .
debs2028 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I stayed at the Casablanca in October. Fantastic location in Times Square. Spotlessly clean and very comfy beds. Lovely staff. Tea/coffee pastries 24hours a day. Breakfast inc and wine and cheese early evening. Couldn’t fault it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridag1rl
Apprentice Imagineer

We have stayed in The Marriot Eastside in Lexington Avenue which was very nice, also the Waldorf Astoria, but out of the two preferred the Marriot. It is very central and around the corner from Grand central station. Easy access to walk everywhere.