Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 5 Feb 18, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Travel
I want to go now!

:) Walking trails

Just want to thank all regular and occasional posters for your great advice - from kettles to lockers and flights! Have been reading the site for a while and it is more friendly, polite and helpful than others I have seen. We have been visiting WDW for years but two trips to SSR this year are our first as DVC members (should have done it ages ago).

One thing - Our April holiday is first without park tickets. We know the walking trail around SSR but are there others worth exploring too?

Thanks again
Travel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Are you staying SSR? Go up the canal to OKW, around OKW and back. Unless you already know about that one?
Old 5 Feb 18, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

The Boardwalk area is the obvious one, but we've also run around Fort Wilderness. SSR / OKW / Disney Springs is nice. Daylight hours only between OKW and the Springs.
Old 5 Feb 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Travel
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Are you staying SSR? Go up the canal to OKW, around OKW and back. Unless you already know about that one?
Thanks - didn't realise it went to OKW. Good to know
Travel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Travel
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
The Boardwalk area is the obvious one, but we've also run around Fort Wilderness. SSR / OKW / Disney Springs is nice. Daylight hours only between OKW and the Springs.
Thank you - Wilderness Lodge is a good call.
Old 5 Feb 18, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

You can walk from Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness. Celebration has a lovely trail around the lake as well.
Old 6 Feb 18, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Travel View Post
Thanks - didn't realise it went to OKW. Good to know
Runs from Disney Springs near Cirque all the way up to OKW. To get on it at SSR, outside the club house where the roundabout is, there's a golf cart path then a wooden bridge over the canal. Go over that and turn right .
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

I’m sure I’ve also read somewhere that you can do a guided walking tour round OKW, although we’ve not done it.
Old 6 Feb 18, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hornetgirl View Post
I’m sure I’ve also read somewhere that you can do a guided walking tour round OKW, although we’ve not done it.
I think I've read that too, but haven't done it. I had the impression it was a bit of "backstage" and some story of how OKW was imagined and the details they use to make it immersive. Would love to hear if anyone had participated!