Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 6 Feb 18, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
sparrow
Imagineer

I won’t even try to outdo Bats knowledge as it was her and Judy that first guided me through booking (and helped me avoid virgins prices). We are now booked on our first gold members cruise next year. We however do love our balcony. 5652 has a particularly large one. We have requested that one twice now. We joined in the fish extender group last year. It was great fun and hope to do it again next time.
Old 6 Feb 18, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Danielle24 View Post
Halloween on the High Seas Bats. If the 3 night will be end of Sept or beginning of October for the 4 night.
Ah ok ... well, I would definitely choose one on the starboard side so you get a better view of Castaway Cay. I would avoid being close to the laundries personally (people get chatting in them and can get a bit loud). On the Dream, the laundry locations are:
Deck 2 Port Forward near 2002
Deck 5 Aft near 5192
Deck 6 Starboard Forward near 6508
Deck 7 Port Forward near 7014
Deck 8 Port Aft near 8150
Deck 9 Starboard Forward near 9500
Deck 10 Starboard Mid near 10572

Some people like to be aft (back) so they can just hop up to the drinks stations, others like to be more forward (front) for the adult only area.

Hope that helps
Joa
Old 6 Feb 18, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by sparrow View Post
I won’t even try to outdo Bats knowledge as it was her and Judy that first guided me through booking (and helped me avoid virgins prices). We are now booked on our first gold members cruise next year. We however do love our balcony. 5652 has a particularly large one. We have requested that one twice now. We joined in the fish extender group last year. It was great fun and hope to do it again next time.
You do know that our payment is a free cruise?!

Glad to have helped you with your addiction which appears to be going very well! I'm sure Judy would say the same
Old 6 Feb 18, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
sparrow
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
You do know that our payment is a free cruise?!

Glad to have helped you with your addiction which appears to be going very well! I'm sure Judy would say the same
Judy did try for a cut in my saving at the time. 😀
Old 6 Feb 18, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Always make me want to go the loo!

Love being rocked gently to sleep.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post

Bats have you ever done the spa where you sit in the tub with sea below? Heaven.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
sparrow
Imagineer

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Bats have you ever done the spa where you sit in the tub with sea below? Heaven.
We have. Yes it’s bliss
Old 6 Feb 18, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by sparrow View Post
Judy did try for a cut in my saving at the time. 😀
I can't believe she tried to do that without offering to split it with me - how rude!

Love being rocked gently to sleep.
Not in the spa, but the tubs on the Dream/Fantasy have glass bottoms so you can see down to the sea.
I rarely go in the spa, it's not somewhere I enjoy - I don't do spa weekends here either and realise I'm in the minority!
Old 6 Feb 18, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi and welcome to the cruise forum
For that cruise, you are right to query having a veranda .. for us, it's not worth it, but for you, it may well be.
If it were us cruising, we'd go for an inside, but as you want daylight, I'd got for Deluxe Family Oceanview on deck 6 the starboard side. That would mean choosing a stateroom from: 6666, 6670, 6672, 6672 and 6676. All of those would have a view of CC.

Being in that category, it would also give you slightly more space than a regular oceanview room. It has an extra bed but you wouldn't need it (pulls out from the wall or is a sleeper chair). These windows are huge and have padding in them so you can sit there and watch the world go by.

I'd seriously look at a 4 night if you can though, 3 nights goes whizzing by.

Hope that helps
Joa
Thanks for your speedy help!

Yes I think a ocean view is fine, a veranda would be wasted on us and I would imagine with a 5 year old being constantly on edge.

I wish we could do 4 nights but the dates just dont fit as our flight home is on the 7th so would be off the ship straight to the airport.

I will get on booking tonight hopefully, I dont thin the prices will drop sadly.

Thanks again and I am sure I will be back with loads of questions!

Edited to say, I've just booked room 6666! Love that number, thanks again.

Edited at 03:32 PM.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Danielle24
Imagineer

Mobile

Ah ok ... well, I would definitely choose one on the starboard side so you get a better view of Castaway Cay. I would avoid being close to the laundries personally (people get chatting in them and can get a bit loud). On the Dream, the laundry locations are:
Deck 2 Port Forward near 2002
Deck 5 Aft near 5192
Deck 6 Starboard Forward near 6508
Deck 7 Port Forward near 7014
Deck 8 Port Aft near 8150
Deck 9 Starboard Forward near 9500
Deck 10 Starboard Mid near 10572

Some people like to be aft (back) so they can just hop up to the drinks stations, others like to be more forward (front) for the adult only area.

Hope that helps
Joa
Thank you! What is the Starboard side? I want to be as high up as possible on the boat. Anxious about being on the water so will be looking at deck 10 😂
Danielle24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List