Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 8 Feb 18, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
lpd222
Trainee Dibber

David's DVC Points Rental

Has anybody used this service?
It's all a bit new to me so I have some questions please.

Are you guaranteed to get what you book? I've seen a few people on FB pages saying they've been moved from their original choices as their reservations can't be confirmed.

Would this be a better option than booking direct with the free DDP?

Any experiences would be good to hear.

Thank you x
lpd222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
webby3
slightly serious Dibber

Hi

have used him twice, December 2013 and November 2017, both times for week long stays at wilderness lodge in a studio.
We had confirmation withing 24hrs and the bookings were linked to the my disney app without any issue allowing fastpasses etc..

fantastic service.

as to if you are better with the dining i can't answer that sorry as never used it.
webby3 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We've used DVC for the first time this summer. We wanted the BC and got it. It was 12 days before I got confirmation. It is showing on MDE so all good so far. We have decided not to book DDP as it is expensive to add, and if I'm being honest DH and I are not keen on a lot of the food onsite. We both cook from scratch most of the time at home so am getting fussy when we eat out

It's our first stay onsite so can't comment re costs but Dave's Vacation Rental have been good. No complaints from me. It may depend how far in advance you want to book, for getting where you want to stay I mean. There's something about a 7 month window but not sure what it is. Someone will be along to help I'm sure
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
fudgie
Imagineer

David's act as an intermediary between DVC members who want to rent out points which they own but are not using themselves, and renters who want to stay in DVC properties but who aren't members themselves.

David's will contact a member on your behalf, and that member will make your reservation using their DVC points. Once your reservation is confirmed you must pay David's in full and they pass payment on to the member.

If you do go down this route and want to add a dining plan, the DVC owner will need to book it for you (you contact David's to request this) and you will be charged in US$ for it.

The cancellations at SSR that you've been reading about are not for DVC bookings, they are for cash bookings made at DVC resorts. As a DVC owner , I've rented out my points with David's and they are very good.
fudgie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
lpd222
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Thanks folks, I’m really struggling to decide what to do for our trip next year 🤔
lpd222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
legolass
slightly serious Dibber

I have just booked last week using David's for the first time. We had never considered renting dvc points before but after reading a couple of posts about it on here, decided it might be an affordable way for us to stay at AKL. I completed the online form and paid the deposit (which is refunded if they can't find availability) and they replied within a couple of hours. There wasn't availability for exactly what we wanted so we decided to change our dates slightly, emailed back and again they replied really quickly. The whole thing was arranged within a matter of hours and soon after I paid I received an email with the confirmation number. I logged onto MDE the following morning and the booking was there. So far it's been really straightforward.
legolass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

We ran out of points so used them too, very impressed with the service.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We've booked 2 studios at the Beachclub in December. Having never rented points before I didn't contact them in advance so when I got in touch at 11 months there was availability but no points. They communicated to me quickly by email and I replied and joined a waiting list. I emailed them weekly to see how things were progressing in finding points (not sure if this helped) and we were successful this week so 3 weeks of waiting. Really pleased as the studios have cost about £550 each for 3 nights whilst the beachclub hotel was showing as £894.

Edited at 12:41 AM.
Orlando 2004 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
lpd222
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Thanks very much for this info. How far in advance have you all booked?
Old 9 Feb 18, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post

We rented out all of our points from last use year and got a great rate per point Far better than advertising on here. Dave has a great reputation of over 10 years both buying and renting. The company is based in Canada and has about 20 employees I believe so not a one man band.
Any dealings you have with him are perfectly safe and above board
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List