Link to this Post
xxSmileyKyliexx
Very Serious Dibber

xxSmileyKyliexx's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
:) **Smiley Kylie Goes Solo Nov 2017- Day 2- Magic Kingdom & my birthday!**

>>> INDEX HERE

Thursday 2nd November 2017

I woke at around 2am and 5am but was able to fall back asleep easy peasy as that bed was giving me some serious comfort! Eventually woke at 6am. Happy birthday to meeeee! Wow 29! 30 next year and nothing to show for my life apart from my continuous Disney holidays and peeing my money up the wall in Ibiza…brilliant. I celebrated by treating myself to an episode of married with children whilst singing along to the opening credits.

Love and marriage, love and marriage...

It felt odd that it was my birthday and I was on my own. I’ve been in Florida for many of my birthdays but always been with Carley or my family, well and the ex too on one of the times. But today it was just me, on my own, no family, no friends and no boyfriend. I checked my social media to find lots of birthday messages and soon felt the love from everyone.

The boyfriend. (This is how we speak to each other ha!)

I sat cosy in my bed opening cards (not from the bf though). It wasn’t long before I was crying like a big girl pants from all the lovely words people had written. I had mixed feelings of sadness wanting to be at home and happiness that I was going to be spending my birthday at my favourite place in the world. I had been lucky to have dollars in some of the cards which I would make sure to buy something special with rather than use them for food or tips etc.

I gave my head a wobble and dragged my butt out of bed to get ready for the day ahead. The shower got a 10 out of 10, I loved that you could alternate between using the main power shower bit or taking the shower head off, or both could be used if I wanted. It was so refreshing to have a decent wash (rather than just a spray or using a femfresh wipe, which I’ve done in the past so that my fake tan wouldn’t come off as quick ) I hadn’t had a shower since premier inn, what an actual minger, so was lush to have a scrub of the pits, bits and crack. I chose an outfit, put on my Minnie ears and was ready to leave by 7:15am. I quickly dosed up too as I was still feeling crappy.

Before heading to the bus queue, I made sure to stop at guest services. I’d spoken to Stacey last night about mouse keeping and she’d been given the option to opt out of mouse keeping each day and have a gift voucher ($10 per night) instead. I’d read about this before coming over but figured that it was just a trial as it wasn’t mentioned when I checked in. I spoke to a cast member and it turns out that it was still being offered but miserable Megan hadn’t bothered to inform or offer it to me. Cheers Meg. I snapped the cast members hand off, $100 gift card where you could still request towels etc as and when needed or room cleaned and bedding changed everyday, it was a no brainer for me. Hand over the dollar cheers love. Well it was emailed to me in the form of an e-voucher.

I asked for a couple of badges, thanked the helpful lady and made my way to the bus.

The queue wasn’t too bad and I was soon on my way. Excitement levels were high as I sat watching the world go by and looking at the familiar surroundings, I felt a flutter in my belly when I saw this.

Eeeak best feeling ever! As much as I prefer to have a car usually in Florida, it is far easier using the bus when going to magic kingdom. I was there within 15 mins and heading straight into the park.

Weather wise it was gorgeous! Feeling hot already without a cloud in the sky. I much preferred the new security bag check area, I’ve always hated having to walk all the way round in the past, it was less crowded too. Security wished me a ‘happy birthday princess’ which almost made me cry. Into magic kingdom I go.

Anyone else have this same pic that you take every time?

I was like an excited child walking in, the familiar sounds, smells etc you all know. I was texting my cousin when turning the corner and getting my first glimpse at the castle. Ah I’m home I thought! It looked as beautiful as ever, the Christmas decorations were all up, Christmas music on, I literally felt like I’d stepped into Christmas within minutes.

Cast members waved at me and wished me a happy birthday as I walked up Main Street, I felt amazing I checked the time and realised I was running late for my be our guest reservation, I’d been so caught up in the magic and taking everything in, I’d forgotten about it! I headed to beasts castle not before a quick selfie of course.

Because I had a reservation and the park wasn’t officially open until 9am, myself and other guests with reservations were let in earlier. I remember seeing areas roped off and I had to walk to the left of the castle to get to my reservation. I took a few quick snaps on the way. So nice to wander through a quiet fantasyland!

I arrived 15 minutes late but this was not an issue. Inside the castle was just wow! I’ve been before and every time it amazes me at how detailed everything is.

I had a blurry lense, happened so much whilst there

I’d pre-ordered my breakfast online a month earlier so bypassed the main queue and was through into the main restaurant quickly. I knew exactly where I wanted to sit and headed to the far end of the grand ballroom to find myself a table next to the beautiful windows. This is my favourite spot in here, being able to look up at the tall ceilings and chandeliers, watching the snow fall outside the window and just generally taking in everything. It felt a little odd at first to be sat on my own, I’m pretty sure I was sat at the same table as me and the ex did too which was weird. Once I got over the fact that nobody was staring at me for being on my own I felt absolutely fine.

I’d ordered ‘Feast A La Gaston’ for brekkie which included scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, smoked bacon, sausages, fruit, a selection of pastries and a drink, just a small brekkie to start my day then

(This would have been $25+tax but I used a quick service credit)

I’m ashamed to say that I more or less scoffed the whole lot! The beast in me, I was starving. I know it gets mixed reviews in here, but I would choose to have brekkie here every trip and it’s a fab use of a quick service credit. I was finished and heading out at around 9:20am, the park was still quiet so you’d think I’d have chosen to go on Peter Pan or an attraction which usually has massive queue times. But no, the first ride of this trip was…. It’s a small world. You won’t be surprised to hear that there was no queue.

You can’t go and not do it’s a small world though, who doesn’t want that song drummed into your head for the rest of the day. I did giggle to myself on the way round, I felt like a right sap sat there on my own taking awkward selfies ha! I did get a goodbye at the end though.

I mooched around to the tangled toilets to relieve myself and took pics because these are actually the prettiest toilets ever. I felt honoured to be urinating in them.

I headed into the haunted mansion which showed a 10 minute wait time. I did laugh at the Bender gravestone. I swear people don’t actually listen either. Stood in the stretchy wall room (I’m sure it has a proper name), the cast member was saying for everyone to stand in the centre away from the walls and some stupid family were just ignoring her and sat on the floor leaning against the walls. I wanted to boot them all, even the kid. And then get this, just about to get into my doom buggy and this Spanish trio decided it was theirs and stepped right in. I was fuming. I think they thought I was with this other family but still I was without a doom buggy for like a second. Bet it was the same ignorant ejits that were sat on the floor. Anyway, the ride was fun as always and I noticed little details that I hadn’t before, the graveyard is my favourite part of the ride, the ‘it’s a small world’ tune had disappeared from my head and was now replaced with the ‘grim grinning ghosts’ song. Memories of me, my dad and bro trying to squeeze into a doom buggy made me giggle to myself and when me and Carley were stuck in here for ages with one of the ghosts jumping up at us. I love that I have these memories

Frontierland was dead. Why couldn’t the park be like this all the time! I actually could walk at a normal pace, not feel rushed, didn’t have to shuffle, had space all around me, it was bliss.

I looked out for chip and dale in their cowboy outfits but they weren’t in their usual spots, in fact I didn’t see them the whole time I was here so I think it wasn’t a meet and greet anymore or they’d been moved elsewhere. It did feel so quiet with splash mountain being refurbed too! It’s my favourite ride ever so I was gutted to know that it wouldn’t be re-opened until after I had left

I walked through Adventureland quickly, I had a fast pass for pirates later on so bypassed that, and it was a 40 min queue. I stopped to take a few pics in the hub, it’s so much more spacious there now compared to before. Far less crowded and I love that you can just sit and chill on the grassy areas, which I do later on in the holiday.

I stopped for some photopass pics on the way to tomorrow land. This felt strange on my own!

I headed to my next favourite attraction, the peoplemover. It’s the best ride to just sit back, relax and watch the sights of Tomorrowland, and believe me I saw some right sights as well There’s never a wait for this ride, it’s good to rest your feet after a long day or to hide out when it’s peeing down with a Florida shower.

I headed to my space mountain fp next. It is such a long ass walk though, I nearly keeled over on the floor gasping for breath by the time I reached the ride I was happy to have the front seat as I was wondering how I was going to get my big jeer in and out of the other seats. Much more legroom at the front. I wanted to keep my ears on, as once they’re on and in position I feel like taking them off messes up my whole hair. But if I wanted to keep them I needed to take them off on this ride! After the pic though.

I laughed my head off all the way round as usual, shouted a few swear words as my boobs nearly knocked me out, I could hear the couple behind me laughing too, probably at and not with me. Afterwards I found myself back in fantasyland. That’s the joy of going on your own, I had already looped around the park this morning at my own pace, making my own decisions which I was grateful for. Imagine having kids you’d have to consider, Disney is not the place for them Move aside children Kylie’s coming throughhh. I stopped to watch the ‘royal actor people’ it says in my notes. They were calling different guests up to try and pull the sword out of the stone, it was entertaining actually and I saw the sword out of the stone which I think is a first as I’ve never seen it before. Next up was another of my faves, Philarmagic. I have so many happy memories going on this with my family when I was younger, it’s one of them shows that just never gets old or boring. There’s never a wait either usually 10 mins and you’re in. The air con was welcomed!

I laughed and sang along enjoying every moment of it. I was in need of a drink once I got out so en-route to my pirates fp I headed into Peco Bills to get this free iced water I’d heard about. A cast member ushered me to the front as I wouldn’t be having food so didn’t need to queue and then another one bought me some iced water with a Mickey head straw. So glad I’d read about this free water beforehand, saves a lot of money and it’s so refreshing.

I continued to get lots of happy birthdays from everyone which was lovely. Especially being on my own (I actually kept forgetting it was my birthday!) I did wonder if people felt sorry for me and were thinking I was a right sad sack on my own in the magic kingdom on my birthday. It didn’t bother me in the slightest, I was lovin life with my iced water ha! Pirates was a 40 minute wait but with my fp I headed straight in and to the front. I do love the magic of fast passes!

I sat with a bloke and his baby girl, she was actually adorable and mustn’t have been over the age of 1. I love this ride and the music, I kept finding myself staring at the baby girl watching her reactions to everything. She was good as gold. I’d read about there being a photo on this ride now but when I checked my MDE, I didn’t see one which was annoying. I headed to the Main Street shops after this. I wanted to buy something from Pandora with some of my birthday money. It was busy in there and I couldn’t be bothered waiting to be served, so I made a mental note to go to pandora in Disney Springs as they’d probably have more selection too. I stopped for some photopass pics, some of the photographers make you do some awkward poses, felt like a right ≈≈≈≈.

It was now time for my mine train fast pass so that’s where I headed. Zig zagging all over the park today! This was my favourite moment of the day and a memory that I will always cherish. I found a new friend, Cliff his name was. He was riding alone too and said we could ride together and that he’d happily go on with the ‘birthday princess’. He was funny, we chatted whilst waiting and he screamed like a girl all the way round, I couldn’t stop laughing. He made my day, strangers can be so kind. Cheers Cliff you ledge

Looking at those pics has got me grinning from ear to ear Was so much fun!

It was hot and I was thirsty again. I stopped at the Cheshire Cat café and used a snack credit for a raspberry lemonade slushy, it was so refreshing! The cast member that served me asked why I was solo and then said I was as mad as the hatter ha!

I had decided in my head earlier that I wanted to get myself a birthday balloon whilst here to put in my room with all my cards. So this is what I did, $12 though! I felt like such a kid wandering around with my slushy and balloon, but I was in the right place to do it and I didn’t have a care in the world.

It was nearing on 1:30pm now so I mooched up main street looking for a good parade spot. I always choose to stand the clock side in the shade or I’d be melting! I found me a spot between the bin and a post. Perfect, nobody can squeeze in with me or in front, and I wouldn’t be blocking anyone with my balloon.

I stood with Judy and her family from Massachusetts. She was a feisty old dear and her hubby was behind us chilling in his mobility scooter, they were bantering with each other and it really made me laugh. Judy was more excited than me to see this parade. She didn’t take any ≈≈≈≈ either, right before the parade came onto Main Street, this Mexican family barged their way in right behind us and the dad put his kid on the bin! Judy soon had words and a cast member came to tell him off politely too. He was proper complaining and raising his voice saying how ‘we pay all this money and can’t stand where we want’ and ‘so many rules’, I had to bite my tongue , I was thinking would you rather your kid fell off or was pushed off *cough cough* the bin and hurt himself. Stupid man.

The parade was fantastic as always, me and Judy waved excitedly to all the characters and sang along.

She said how lovely it was to have met me and wished me a fantastic holiday. Then I heard her yelling at her hubby as he’d zoomed off without her, such a funny pair. I aspire me and Stanly to be like them. I love old couples.

I had a reservation for afternoon tea at the grand Floridian at 3pm. I was in 2 minds wether to go or not. Part of me really wanted to as I’d loved it before and I was lucky to have gotten a reservation. But I also was feeling so bunged up now, the heat was getting to me and I just wanted to chill. After battling in my head what to do I decided to just head back to the hotel for some chill time and to recharge.

Monoraillll

The wait for a bus was ages! I was getting so impatient, it didn’t arrive until about half 3 and then I had to wait longer as 2 mobility scooter people arrived and were seen to first which always winds me up, especially when said mobility scooter people just appeared to be fat and lazy. Sorry not sorry.

When I got back to Pop, I quickly headed to my room to grab my refillable mug, was so grateful that it wasn’t too far away and for the preferred location! Then went to the food court for some much needed grub. I chose chicken nuggets and fries and went back to eat it in bed whilst watching the footie ha! I did this a few times during the holiday, much preferred it to sitting on my own in the hectic food court. Those Disney chicken nuggets though nom!

I chilled for a while and napped for an hour, waking up at around 6:30pm. I felt much better for the rest, it was needed! I got myself ready, made sure to take my mug to grab a drink on the way back, hopped on a bus straight away (thank god), and was on my way back to the magic kingdom to watch happily ever after.

I got there around 7:45pm and WOW it was busy! Like rammed. I fought my way through the crowds and found myself a spot for the fireworks just to the side of the partners statue.

I was grateful that I was on my own so it was quite easy to find a spot for one person. I sat down and waited for what felt like forever! I could hear kids crying, rude Spanish people barging in and couples arguing but as soon as the lights went down everyone shut up and paid attention. The once upon a time projection show was on first, I was amazed at how clear and perfect the projections were. It’s really annoying how people’s positions change when these shows begin. When stood up I had the perfect view, no kids on shoulders in front, no really tall people with hats on etc but then as soon as happily ever after began that all changed and people were like shoving their way in. Then there was a woman recording it on her phone with the torch on, it was irritating everyone kept looking at her and I think she soon got the message and turned it off. Some people are just so rude and inconsiderate. I managed to watch happily ever after through a shoulder gap, I took a few photos but really wanted to just watch and take the whole show in and enjoy it, seeming as it was my first time seeing it.

Wow! It was unbelievable, I can’t explain how amazing it was. When I first heard that wishes was going, I was dead against it thinking that nothing could ever replace or beat it but I was proved wrong. This exceeded my expectations, the projections were brilliant, the lights, the effects, the fireworks, all absolutely spot on and it worked. I teared up at the lion king bit and at the end, it was perfect and the best way to end my birthday

The moment was soon over as now was the dreaded battle back to the buses. I remembered that there was another exit round the side and power walked through and around people that way rather than going down Main Street. The queue for the bus was ridiculous as expected but the wait wasn’t long, it was well controlled and I was back at POP by 10:15pm. Phew! I filled my mug up with some hot cocoa and was soon back in my room. I chilled for a bit, re-read my cards and lovely Facebook messages, looked through some photos and was soon sound asleep

Edited at 01:12 AM.
xxSmileyKyliexx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
What a fab birthday, Judy sounded great, nice to have a bit of company while watching the parade. You sure packed a lot of rides in for your first full day and with you still recovering from your cold I think you did brilliantly.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Glad to have found your TR. Started from the beginning, and have had to stop myself laughing on my lunch break! Look forward to reading more, so don't give up as I see from your pre-trippie that you start and don't finish. I want to read more! xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
xxSmileyKyliexx
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
What a fab birthday, Judy sounded great, nice to have a bit of company while watching the parade. You sure packed a lot of rides in for your first full day and with you still recovering from your cold I think you did brilliantly.
Oh she was lovely and it was nice to have so much kindness from complete strangers thank you for reading along!

Originally Posted by tinkerbell92 View Post
Glad to have found your TR. Started from the beginning, and have had to stop myself laughing on my lunch break! Look forward to reading more, so don't give up as I see from your pre-trippie that you start and don't finish. I want to read more! xx
Aw glad I’ve made you laugh! Thanks for reading! I am determined to finish, already on the next day, and I love reliving the memories ❤️ Xx
xxSmileyKyliexx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
nicohna
Apprentice Imagineer

The photos here are absolutely fab! What were you using to photo the fireworks? How did you find asking for a cup of water - the thought makes me feel so stingy but $4.50 for a bottle?! NO WAY MATE!
Old 13 Feb 18, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
disneymum
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Loving your trippie. Please keep the days coming. A fab way to spend your birthday - sounds like you met some lovely people. x
2007 - villa Southern Dunes
2008 - villa Oak Island Cove 2016 - Last minute Bahama Bay
disneymum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Great reports Kylie
Hope your feeling better soon
XX
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

Another jam-packed day, what fun you must have had. I love the birthday balloon and I get what you mean about how much more simple it is to be able to do the park without having to consider anyone else's needs. Bliss!
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

What a fab birthday! So glad you bought yourself a balloon, would have totally done the same.

Chip and Dale have moved to Town Square, where Stitch used to meet by the flagpole. Which is OK, but I miss their little Frontierland costumes. And speaking of costumes, it's the ONE SW aspect I could tolerate from the old SW weekends at HS - them dressed as Ewoks was ridiculously cute.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
xxSmileyKyliexx
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by nicohna View Post
The photos here are absolutely fab! What were you using to photo the fireworks? How did you find asking for a cup of water - the thought makes me feel so stingy but $4.50 for a bottle?! NO WAY MATE!
I just used my iPhone for photos, nothing special! It wasn’t bad at all. They had iced water all ready lined up so I think they get asked regularly so I didn’t feel like a peasant 😂

Originally Posted by disneymum View Post
Loving your trippie. Please keep the days coming. A fab way to spend your birthday - sounds like you met some lovely people. x
I did meet some lovely people, so friendly! Thank you for reading along

Originally Posted by JDD View Post
Great reports Kylie
Hope your feeling better soon
XX
Aw thank you! 😘

Originally Posted by eleele View Post
Another jam-packed day, what fun you must have had. I love the birthday balloon and I get what you mean about how much more simple it is to be able to do the park without having to consider anyone else's needs. Bliss!
I loved my balloon, kept it in my room the whole holiday to get my moneys worth 😜 I enjoyed my birthday so much!

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
What a fab birthday! So glad you bought yourself a balloon, would have totally done the same.

Chip and Dale have moved to Town Square, where Stitch used to meet by the flagpole. Which is OK, but I miss their little Frontierland costumes. And speaking of costumes, it's the ONE SW aspect I could tolerate from the old SW weekends at HS - them dressed as Ewoks was ridiculously cute.
Ohhh that’s where they went! I had no idea! Aw I bet they did look cute! Thank you for reading along 🙃