Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Feb 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

When a holiday exceeds expectations

Some of you may be aware that I am in Benidorm with oh at the moment.
To be honest, we came here because I found cheap flights and Oh loves the tv series.
Everything from the hotel to the food, weather and town has surprised me. We are loving live here, and this is the first time we have left dd home. I will do a detailed trip report when I get home.
Would we come back? In a heartbeat.
ETA walked 5 miles today along the front, old and new town

Edited at 10:42 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

A friend of mine had to change her holiday to Hurghada through Thomas Cook last summer. They offered a full refund or another holiday and as it was last minute Benidorm was all that fitted in with their dates. They absolutely loved it. And said the people were lovely and it was a real buzzy place.
Old 13 Feb 18, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post

I hear you. We stayed in the Old Town two years ago and loved it.

Walking the promenade in evening with the Spanish families who live there was lovely.

I'm going back for a week next January ...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Have you been to tapas alley in the old town (opposite the queens hotel) wine and food amazing !
Or heart break hotel on the front Keep an eye out for “ swag” they are epic !
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

I also love Benidorm, I used to Live, there. It has many wonderful things to see and do. I hope to go and visit friends again next year and visit the theme park and animal park. It has a lot of really nice, hotels and bars, I do prefer the Poniente side where old town is and many wonderful Tapas bars. I could go on and on, but Benidorm is Wonderful and has many hidden jems.
Old 13 Feb 18, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
Have you been to tapas alley in the old town (opposite the queens hotel) wine and food amazing !
Or heart break hotel on the front Keep an eye out for “ swag” they are epic !
The hotel food is so good, we have only been out for walks and drinks. We are going out tomorrow (our last full day) so will keep a look out.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MargaretMouse View Post
I also love Benidorm, I used to Live, there. It has many wonderful things to see and do. I hope to go and visit friends again next year and visit the theme park and animal park. It has a lot of really nice, hotels and bars, I do prefer the Poniente side where old town is and many wonderful Tapas bars. I could go on and on, but Benidorm is Wonderful and has many hidden jems.
So much to do, we are trying to decide what to do on our last day tomorrow.
It does cater for stag and hens, but also so much more. Didn’t realise how big it is here.
Old 13 Feb 18, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by roxie2001 View Post
The hotel food is so good, we have only been out for walks and drinks. We are going out tomorrow (our last full day) so will keep a look out.
You need to try it’s really cheap, 20 Euro will get your 4-6 glasses of wine and 4-6 tapas.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Love Tapas Alley and also the street next to it where you can get a bottle of Cava and 5 tapas for €5!

Also look out for an artist called Pablo Bloom. He's very good and does many shows in many locations each night
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by roxie2001 View Post
I love benidorm. That’s brilliant you are enjoying it so much. Which hotel are you in?

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List