Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 13 Feb 18, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile New York Bound

Hi all,
Been away a while and this is mot even a Disney related question on my return...
Please can people share there best ideas and tips for a shory visit to NY.
i want to cram in as much as possible plus best places to shop.

Thanks all in advance

Tony.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi Tony,

We are heading back to New York this Summer (can’t wait! ) lucky enough to have 6 days this time, but last time we went we had 3 nights our itinerary was something like;
Travel day arrived late afternoon headed straight out to ESB and caught sunset, ate at Heartland Brewery
Day 1 SOL, Central Park, Trump Tower, Macy’s, Tiffany’s, Times Square TKTS booth ate at a BBQ restaurant
Day 2 - Natural History Museum, other half of Central Park, Alice’s Tearoom, Chinatown, a show in the evening and ate at Olive Garden
Day 3 - Bryant Park Ice Skating, quick look at Grand Central Station and flight home.
How long are you thinking about? I am trying to make up a list of must do’s this time but there is so much!
Old 18 Feb 18, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Team Jeans
Imagineer

Depends how "short" and where you are staying. We have recently done 5 and 4 nights. We bought the explorer pass first time and NYC pass last time. We divided up the City, so to speak, so did things based on uptown, midtown, downtown. First day was Central Park, Natural history Museum, Strawberry Fields, uptown hop on/off (we used the one that gave us a 48 hour pass, so could both uptown and downtown), bringing us back to do 5th Ave shops, Rockafeller Centre- kids wanted to Lego, Nintendo, etc, all around there.

Personally I preferred TOTR view to ESB, but ESB is a bit more iconic to me.

We did Downtown bus with Battery Park, Statue of Liberty, and Ellis Island (we did the tour- we all loved it) then walked round to Ground Zero and Century 21 (shopping), then back up to Madison Square Gardens, Macy's.

Midtown would cover Grand Central Station, NYC Library (.my daughter loves Winnie the Pooh and was desperate to see the "real" bear), Times Square, theatre etc. I would suggest if you are going to see a show, to book dinner, as we felt we maybe wasted a little time waiting for a table, especially around the Times Square area..
Old 4 Mar 18, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
coraastbury
Helping Minnie

Hi. We are going to New York for the first time in Oct for 4 nights. We are staying at the Westin Grand Central and flying with Virgin. Really excited as I’ve just noticed that we are flying on a Jumbo and I’ve managed to book dibbers row both ways so really happy with myself.

Been on dibbers row before when I went to Florida in 2015 but didn’t think I’d manage to get it to New York.

It’s my husbands 40th so this has just added to the special holiday. We’ve got VLounge and dibbers row. 😆😆😆😆
Oct 2018 -Westin Grand Central, New York
coraastbury is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
smoggy123
Apprentice Imagineer

smoggy123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by coraastbury View Post
Hi. We are going to New York for the first time in Oct for 4 nights. We are staying at the Westin Grand Central and flying with Virgin. Really excited as I’ve just noticed that we are flying on a Jumbo and I’ve managed to book dibbers row both ways so really happy with myself.

Been on dibbers row before when I went to Florida in 2015 but didn’t think I’d manage to get it to New York.

It’s my husbands 40th so this has just added to the special holiday. We’ve got VLounge and dibbers row. 😆😆😆😆

What is Dibbers Row?!
Old Key West JULY/AUGUST (18 nights, with a Universal hotel thrown in somewhere!) 2015
Old Key West JUNE 2020 (2 WEEKS)
smoggy123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 18, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smoggy123 View Post
What is Dibbers Row?!
It's the very back row of the economy section upstairs on a 747. As there's no-one behind you there are no problems reclining all the way without worrying about the people behind.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 18, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
hutton5
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

You would be surprised just how much you can get done in NYC you can walk to most places and see loads on the way. It's an amazing place. The best thing we have done is ice skating in central park it was a lovely experience.
hutton5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 18, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

We heading off that way too next year, DH wants to go ice skating in CP, and DD wants to shop in the American girl shop! There is just so much to do and ticket choice is confusing! M
Old 4 Mar 18, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
hutton5
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
We heading off that way too next year, DH wants to go ice skating in CP, and DD wants to shop in the American girl shop! There is just so much to do and ticket choice is confusing! M
Me and my daughter had afternoon tea at American Girl. It was a nice experience also.
hutton5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 18, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
smoggy123
Apprentice Imagineer

smoggy123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you, I didn't know that about Dibbers Row
And thanks for the tip from another poster about Winnie The Pooh in the library! Our hotel is less than ten minutes walk from there so will make sure we get to see that when we go in December This is why I love this forum!
Old Key West JULY/AUGUST (18 nights, with a Universal hotel thrown in somewhere!) 2015
Old Key West JUNE 2020 (2 WEEKS)

Edited at 10:11 PM.
smoggy123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List