Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Feb 18, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Norwegian flight time change costing me money!

So they brought the time forward both ways by 6 hours. I now find that I cannot amend airport parking if more than 2 hours. It counts as a new booking at today's rates which is over £50 more! Alternatively I can just turn up, take a ticket and pay the extra day on exit which will be more like £25. Crazy. I am not wanting to stay longer just arrive and depart sooner!
Also booked a premier inn a few miles away as flight was not till 4pm. Paid for breakfast. Now we will have to arrive at the airport by 7am so with travel and dropping car in long stay parking etc we will need to leave the hotel to early for breakfast. We have a non refundable booking! Not to mention that we come home 6 hours early so have lost our last park day! I am not happy with Norwegian but am guessing they won't refund any of this.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We are happy about it but I believe there was the option to cancel.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Yes but rebooking another flight now would cost a fortune!
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Your hotel booking might be non refundable but you can normally cancel breakfast and any extras, it’s worth calling them

These things are fun..and fun is good NYC/Orlando May/June 15 Pretrippy
Adults are only kids grown up pretrippy Oct/Nov 2013
A Bargain Hunters Pre-trip report Nov 2011
NOV 2011 - Villa offsite 'bargain hunters'
OCT/NOV 2013 - OLD KEY WEST Disney trip - DDP
OCT/NOV 2018 - Disney pixie dust Yacht Club stay
AUG 2022 - Cabana Bay -teen choice
redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridasun View Post
Sorry I came back to edit as I realised my post was totally useless and not helpful, but too late, sorry.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Probably would have done back then too though. Pretty academic though as no one flew as late as Norwegian anyway.
I have similar issues as I have booked family out to join us and the logistics of getting them to Gatwick mega early is going to cause some issues (and possibly cost of a hotel room) but the fact they will arrive at a decent time more than makes up for it !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

While I’m finding the new times ok for us it is a (mild) inconvenience as we would have made different choices as to our hotel airport had we known.

We are staying at Gatwick North Premier Inn with breakfast. As we will now be eating that breakfast at around 05:00 I think I would have booked Bloc so I was already in the correct terminal and had breakfast airside after check-in and security once we were actually awake enough to enjoy it.

We need to alter our meet and greet car parking so fingers crosssed that’s doable with no charge.
Old 14 Feb 18, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ely3857 View Post
While I’m finding the new times ok for us it is a (mild) inconvenience as we would have made different choices as to our hotel airport had we known.

We are staying at Gatwick North Premier Inn with breakfast. As we will now be eating that breakfast at around 05:00 I think I would have booked Bloc so I was already in the correct terminal and had breakfast airside after check-in and security once we were actually awake enough to enjoy it.

We need to alter our meet and greet car parking so fingers crosssed that’s doable with no charge.
I was wondering about the possibility of staying at the Premier Inn North, checking in then going back to the hotel for breakfast, as it’s an easy transfer and there should be plenty of time if we check in over 3 hours before. Would avoid the unnecessary retail therapy on the other side!
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by holidaysaver75 View Post
I was wondering about the possibility of staying at the Premier Inn North, checking in then going back to the hotel for breakfast, as it’s an easy transfer and there should be plenty of time if we check in over 3 hours before. Would avoid the unnecessary retail therapy on the other side!
I’ve considered that but as check-in is officially only three hours before I’m conscious of queues both there and at security and then boarding times beginning. I hate feeling rushed and that translates into stress which means the kids and DH end up miffed at me!
Old 14 Feb 18, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

So they brought the time forward both ways by 6 hours. I now find that I cannot amend airport parking if more than 2 hours. It counts as a new booking at today's rates which is over £50 more!
Alternatively I can just turn up, take a ticket and pay the extra day on exit which will be more like £25. Crazy.
I am not wanting to stay longer just arrive and depart sooner!
Also booked a premier inn a few miles away as flight was not till 4pm. Paid for breakfast. Now we will have to arrive at the airport by 7am so with travel and dropping car in long stay parking etc we will need to leave the hotel to early for breakfast. We have a non refundable booking! Not to mention that we come home 6 hours early so have lost our last park day! I am not happy with Norwegian but am guessing they won't refund any of this.
are you having to arrive and depart on a different day to park your car then? I thought car parking was charged by each 24-hours - so would it not still be the same booking, but you'd arrive 6 hours earlier (on the same day as you would have originally) and leave 6 hours earlier (on the same day as you would have originally)?
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List