Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Feb 18, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
shaunboxer
Trainee Dibber

I am no expert but the first thing to check is was the flight part of an EU airline. If it was a virgin plane great, if it was Delta then you won't get anywhere. I then believe it is not the time you depart but the time you land that matters and as you were less than 3 hours late in landing I don't think you have a claim. Your connecting flight out on aer lingus was not delayed you merely couldn't connect in time with this. I hope I am wrong and you do get somewhere as sitting in an airport all that time after a transatlantic flight could not have been fun
shaunboxer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Ainer
Trying for More Ears

Believe me it wasn’t. And definitely not with 5 kids. Bad enough delayed at lgw but then been told by virgin staff that we needed to get the national express to Lhr to get the new flight home. But was definitely virgin plane. It was all booked through virgin holidays. We didn’t book the aer lingus leg on our own.

Edited at 02:46 PM.
Ainer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Damn Dirty Ape
slightly serious Dibber

You are entitled to compensation from Virgin as it is based upon your final destination delay of greater than 3 hour as long as it was all booked on the same ticket. Having done this route myself I'm pretty sure you have been booked on the same ticket.
Trip #16: In planning
Damn Dirty Ape is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Ainer
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Damn Dirty Ape View Post
You are entitled to compensation from Virgin as it is based upon your final destination delay of greater than 3 hour as long as it was all booked on the same ticket. Having done this route myself I'm pretty sure you have been booked on the same ticket.
Yes we were booked on the same ticket.
Ainer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

(can of worm) oh, I thought the UK had decided they no longer wanted to be part of EU (/can of worm)

chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Ainer
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
(can of worm) oh, I thought the UK had decided they no longer wanted to be part of EU (/can of worm)

That on top of it all. 😂.
Old 15 Feb 18, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
amf
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Damn Dirty Ape View Post
That would be my view also, so long as there were no exceptional circumstances which caused the delay on the VS flight.

We had similar a couple of years ago with BA travelling MCO-LGW-GLA. A delay on the long haul meant that we missed our connection up to GLA. Delay was caused by slow baggage loading so not exceptional circumstances. As this was a Sunday (so fewer domestic flights) we were put on the next GLA flight (after a bit of a stand off as the flight was full, but my BA Gold card helped).

Delay was getting on for 10 hours and I put in my EU261 claim of 600 Euros each for 3 of us. BA delayed and kept on saying that they were looking into it. I sent them a letter before action, registered a claim via MCOL and they paid up shortly after that. They also refunded the cost of the claim via MCOL.
amf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
The link below may help you with your claim. I believe you are entitled to compensation as long as you were over 3 hours late at your final destination as long as you were on one ticket number as you stated.

europa.eu/rapid/press-release_CJE-13-18_en.htm

HTH

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post

We have decided to leave but we haven't left yet.
Old 16 Feb 18, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
trampslikeus
Apprentice Imagineer

My reading of rules would be that you are entitled to compensation, if the delay is the fault of the airline, but not for factors such as weather
trampslikeus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List