Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Feb 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
pigletliz
Imagineer

I don’t know who people think they are sometimes. I hope you’re feeling ok now, I would have probably just left my items and walked off, but as they were for your children I guess you couldn’t, especially given your sons circumstances. Keep on at them until you’re satisfied with the outcome, it won’t change what’s happened to you but it could prevent it happening to someone else.
Old 16 Feb 18, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

As the store manager did not have the courtesy to call you back today, I would write directly to the chief executive .
That is appalling behaviour verging on bullying and humiliation, I hate when people assume you want to hear their opinion without being asked, I would have walked straight out leaving everything there.
I encountered a full on know it all behind the counter in Euro exchange today, but my face and the fact I won't take BS probably gave it away for him to stop.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Sod that, do go direct to head office and complain.
I have always worked in customer facing roles and have had my share of foot in mouth moments but this goes way beyond that.
There will be a customer care number on the Sainsbury's website. I used it when my local store behaved inappropriately and the asst manager tried to claim it hadn't happened. I got a prompt hearing and appropriate action.
Op I’m sorry this happened to you, totally agree with this comment, go directly to head office and complain.
I hope you are feeling better now x
emmabanana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyphile
Apprentice Imagineer

How awful 😡. I agree with the other PP’s. You have given the store manager a chance to call you and they haven’t. I would take the complaint further up.
Disneyphile is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
g1970
Imagineer

g1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
I'd email and write a strongly worded complaint and demand an apology.

If you still have your receipt, most show the cashier number. Put this and the time on your letter.

As Rac20 said, I'd have just have walked out leaving everything on the conveyor belt.

And Sainsburys wonder why they're losing customers...
g1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

That’s the most disgusting thing I’ve ever heard .
I actually can’t believe someone would do that , that’s just horrible and spiteful , he should get the sack for being so unprofessional
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

The manager may be waiting until he has spoken to the impudent check-out staff before contacting you. However, they should have kept you up to date if that is the case.
Give it till tomorrow and then take your case further by contacting customer care.
I don’t like the current trend of staff engaging with customers about their purchases- what I buy is my business and does not need approval from anyone.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Moody230
Excited about Disney

Thanks everyone. I’ll put it in an email to their customer services. I don’t think it represents everyone who works in Sainsbury’s, just one poorly trained member of staff. I’m a tough person who’s not easily upset about anything. I think I was genuinely so shocked I just didn’t know what to do!
Moody230 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

I wouldn't put up with that, I would complain higher up as the manager didn't even have the courtesy to phone you today. I'm sorry you went through that
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
okitr
Getting Excited

Mobile

How awful! I assume the checkout assistant wrongly thought they were being funny