Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Feb 18, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Paddcomp
Imagineer

SDMT for wusses

Okay, we're not thrill ride seekers and haven't been on any of the big rides. However the kids are getting older and feel like trying out something more adventurous and we have FPs for SDMT.
I'm probably the biggest wuss of us all, always had an irrational fear of roller coasters so know to avoid them.
Anyone else who isn't comfortable on even the small coasters been on SDMT and can help me prepare? I've seen a few YouTube POV videos and there does seem to be a few good (bad) drops. I usually start to panic on the climb and have been know to try to escape!
Easter 2014 - Oak Island cove Dibb Villa
Easter 2018 - Lindfields Dibb Villa
Paddcomp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Might seem like a strange idea! But sit at front! Or second row to front! You wont get the tummy sensation like you can do near the back, as you always go over top of the hump slowly, and you will already be halfway down hill when the ride picks up speed. I got all of my children on rides over the years with this tactic. It works on most rides. Seven dwarfs is pretty tame throughout tho tbh.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

It really is a tame coaster but my Mum was raging that we tricked her into going on it! Peter Pan is about her limit ride wise though.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

It really is very tame and once you have done it once you will be fine, the best thing is that it is smooth much more so than other child based coasters I have been on. My sister in law will only do child coasters and loves this one when even woody woodpecker at universal stopped her doing anything else until this one.
RobandLynsey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Mobile

I do Winnie Pooh instead. SDMT is a coaster. It has drops. Would love to do it...but cant. It's probably the fear / build up that makes it 100 times worse, so doesn't matter to me if it's tame or not, would be a horrible experience. :-(
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
You’ll experience a bigger drop driving over a humpback bridge in your car. And you’ll probably be going quicker than SDMT goes as well.

It only seems worse because you are sat close to the track. It’s the same way how it seems faster in a go-kart than in a regular car, even though the car goes much faster.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

as an aside, 7dmt is one of the smoothest rides i think ive ever been on - i went on it with a knackered back (we'd been trying to go on it for 2 years previously, but queues were always over 120 mins) and i loved it.

its a runaway train ride rather than a proper rollercoaster. a nice way to build up your confidence in coasters before trying the proper ones!
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We took my Mum to WDW last year as a 70th birthday present, kind of repaying when she first took me around 30 years ago.

She went on the ride and wasn't massively delighted about it if I'm honest, but it's silky smooth and over before you know it. Just be a little bit kerazy and go on it.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
wheety1621
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Also the ride kinds of tricks you into thinking you're heading for a big drop but you're not... you climb and you get over the top edge and think of we're going down but you don't and then you do which I liked. Its definitely tame but very very enjoyable. My partner isn't keen on fast rides and he managed this and even ended up loving Everest too! I say try it and worst you can do is come off it and say "never again! " Or you may come off it and feel really proud and say "let's do that again! ".
wheety1621 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

I have motion sickness rather than fear when it comes to rollercoasters. I went on 7dmt in 2015 after reading how tame it was. I felt ill for about 2 hours afterward. Such a shame as it’s a great ride..just not for me, lol
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List