Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Feb 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Suffolk dad
Very Serious Dibber

Not doing Disney this year... or are we?

So this years trip was supposed to not include Disney parks. A few reasons really, including wanting to wait for the new openings in a couple of years, cost, DD11 not being so much into princesses anymore, have done lots of Park time over the years etc etc.

However as we get closer to our trip, it’s becoming more apparent that it just doesn’t seem right to go to Florida and not visit Disney.

We have 3 nights at Universal and a villa booked for the rest of the trip, and I really don’t think that 14 day ultimates are worth it, as we’ve also got tickets for Busch and Seaworld, so with lots of rest days and golf days I don’t think we’d spend more than 2 days at Disney anyway, 3 max.

So a couple of options are currently running around my head...

1) Book tickets for MNSSHP, we arrive 20/8 so by the second week of our trip I’d imagine the party season will be underway. Gives us 1 night access to MK, to get a Disney fix. Cheapest of the 3 options but least Disney Park time and MK only.

2) book 1 day MYW tickets with hopper, and do the 4 parks in a day challenge. Early start, late finish, with FP’s I’d hope to be able to ride most if not all of the headliners (and if we can’t its not a deal breaker). Means we get to see all of the parks albeit only for a few hours each. more expensive than option 1 but less than option 3.

3) 2 day MYW tickets with hopper, and do 2 parks per day. Again, early starts and late finishes, see all parks, and with FP’s should get to do all of the big ticket rides. Most expensive option.

I have a preference for one of the options, I won’t share which at this stage.

What would you do?
Suffolk dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
We went last year and didn’t do Disney at all. We thought it would be strange, but we found it more relaxed and still had a great time going to other parks, and it’s made us look even more forward to going back this year (just doing Disney after a few days in Fort Lauderdale).

With a short Disney visit would you find yourself wishing you’d done even more so left disappointed? If you’re going to be going back again soon it might be worth having the break from it?
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
My personal preference out of those is the last option, 2 day myw hoppers, were not too fussed about Disney in general to be honest but given those options then that's what I'd choose because none of us has a desire to go to mnsshp, 4 parks in one day to me seems a waste as I don't think we would get enough out if it & feel rushed, then again the cost for 2 day hopper tickets is a lot but if we really wanted to do Disney & could afford it then that would be the choice

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Personally I could probably not visit WDW at all (never managed this though)! but I don’t think I could manage just a sniff of it as it would make me want more. That said if I had to choose I’d go for the party option. I’ve done four parks in a day but three of them were done with a private tour guide, park to park back entrance transport and FoL access and we were still shattered.
Old 18 Feb 18, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Suffolk dad
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for your views, much appreciated.

In the interests of full disclosure, my preference of the 3 options is the 2 day hoppers, at a cost of around £630 ( 3 adult tickets as DD will be 12) its more than manageable and comes in around £400 cheaper than the ultimate tickets which we wouldn’t get a lot more use out of due to other plans and not enough days.

We did MNSSHP a couple of years back and to be honest I’m not keen on that as an option. Thought it was too busy, getting away afterwards was my idea of purgatory.

We will be going back in a couple of years when everything is fully open (inc Star Wars etc), so its not a biggie to miss it tbh.
Suffolk dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
We went last year and didn’t do Disney at all. We thought it would be strange, but we found it more relaxed and still had a great time going to other parks, and it’s made us look even more forward to going back this year (just doing Disney after a few days in Fort Lauderdale).

With a short Disney visit would you find yourself wishing you’d done even more so left disappointed? If you’re going to be going back again soon it might be worth having the break from it?
Snap We did Orlando last year with no Disney at all, not even Disney springs or resorts. I decided it would be easier to go proper cold turkey than to be near and not go in. I think it helped knowing we already had our trip for this year booked up.

Anyway, SuffolkDad it seems you have made your decision. It reminded me of a trip report. I don't know if you read these, but they stayed in a villa and got the 2 day tickets. It was called a smidgen of Disney. I think they booked a 1 night stay at an all stars resort so they could stay over night.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicki G
Imagineer

Nicki G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 7
We’re “not doing Disney” this year as we did all parks last year and plan on doing them all again in next 2 years but ... with MNSSHP being on whilst we are there (something I’ve always wanted to take my dd’s too) I’m going to opt for tickets to that. A little treat/surprise for them

Nicki
Nicki G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

We returned on 1st of November and did 12 days in Disney parks over our 3 week stay plus Uni.

We are returning in July and not doing Disney or Uni this time as we feel we have over done it... ( Worked out we have been to a Disney park 40 times in the last 4 years.

Therefore, this trip we are doing :-
Seaworld, Bush Gardens, AQ, Gstorland, Wild Florida, Legoland and Kennedy Space Centre plus pool chill time staying in a Villa again.

We have always felt pressured to spending a lot of time in the Disney parks due to the cost of the tickets. So looking forward to this trip not doing FP's etc..
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Suffolk dad
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
We returned on 1st of November and did 12 days in Disney parks over our 3 week stay plus Uni.

We are returning in July and not doing Disney or Uni this time as we feel we have over done it... ( Worked out we have been to a Disney park 40 times in the last 4 years.

Therefore, this trip we are doing :-
Seaworld, Bush Gardens, AQ, Gstorland, Wild Florida, Legoland and Kennedy Space Centre plus pool chill time staying in a Villa again.

We have always felt pressured to spending a lot of time in the Disney parks due to the cost of the tickets. So looking forward to this trip not doing FP's etc..
And that’s the key thing for us, with the ultimate tickets that we’ve had in the past we feel like we need to get our moneys worth, so don’t spend as much time as maybe we’d like doing other things (especially chilling out).

With just a couple of days of tickets, we’d hammer it for those two days knowing that there’s no further visits.

I said in an earlier post that my preference of the 3 options was the 2 day ticket. My overall preference would be not to visit Disney at all this trip and leave it until all the constructions are finished.

I am, however, under serious pressure from DW and DD11...
Old 18 Feb 18, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Atomic01
Excited about Disney

Atomic01's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We looked at the MYW hopper tickets but decided we weren't that interested in the park, and went for the waterpark hopper instead

08/2013 - Vista Cay Apartments 08/2015 - Sandy Ridge Private Villa - Wedding trip!
08/2016 - Royal Pacific 08/2017 - Royal Pacific 08/2018 - Royal Pacific

11/2019 - Royal Caribbean/Royal Pacific
Atomic01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List