Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Feb 18, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracy34
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Just_Pete View Post
I say this after literally every trip. And in fact all I have done is start goin twice a year! ?
Yep! ... same here...
Lindfields 2005, Hillcrest 2008, Sunset Ridge 2009, Windwood Bay 2011, Terrace Ridge 2013, Dallas Texas 2013, Bridgewater Crossing 2014, Terrace Ridge and Siesta Key June 2015, Siesta Key Nov 2015, Terrace Ridge June 2016, Sarasota Oct 2016, Sarasota and Siesta Key July 2017, Sarasota Oct 2017, Siesta Key June 2018, Siesta Key...Key West..Orlando Nov 2018, Siesta Key..Key West...Sarasota June 2019, Sarasota Oct 2019, Sarasota March 2020,
Tracy34 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Once you break the cycle and actually go somewhere else comparably good for different reasons you dowonder why you didn't do it before though. Much as I love Florida there's a wealth of other choices too!
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

I know what you mean we were last there in 2014. I was heartbroken as I knew we had other plans for holiday inc our fabulous holiday to Califirnia last year.
The following year 2015 was horrendous for us with the loss of a young close relative. We'd booked Kos but because if the Syruan issue, begging etc ( I see this at work) I wanted away from that not have it in my face on holiday so we changed to Cyprus at the last minute. I hated it, I just wanted to be in Florida not helped by loads of families we knew being there. I am sure Cyprus is very nice but I just wasn't in a good place to enjoy it. So I am very exited to have booked to visit Florida for next year.
After the busy road trip holiday last year and a busy year X 2 re a levels and GCSE's we are chilling in a villa on the Algarve this year.
Old 18 Feb 18, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Once you break the cycle and actually go somewhere else comparably good for different reasons you dowonder why you didn't do it before though. Much as I love Florida there's a wealth of other choices too!
I have to agree , we haven’t been since 2015 and are probably ready to go back by next year but have had some lovely holidays elsewhere in the mean time .
Old 18 Feb 18, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
hutton5
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We have been to lots of different places but to us no where compared. And even when we have done 'cheap ' deals to spain we always end up spending a fortune. In Florida We don't even do the whole Disney thing. We love driving around and exploring different parts of Florida. I'm glad to read I'm not alone in this lol
hutton5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisaw1971
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We’ve said, (well the husband has!) this year & then 2021 as I have a big birthday! We need to visit other places! We own dvc so not sure what we’ll be doing with that?

DLP Sept 1994 NY, 1998 SF, 2003NPB, 2005 off site, 2008NPB, NYE 2012 Explorers
WDW POR August 2013 14 nts
WDW POR August 2015 21 nts
DLP DCC AUGUST 2016 3nts
WDW DVC December 2016 10nts
Lisaw1971 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Suffolk dad
Very Serious Dibber

We first went as a family in 2010, then again in 2013, 2014, and 2016. Back again in August this year.

Years in between have been either trips to visit family in Spain, moving house or developing property.

Every time we go (apart from the first time) we say we’ll leave it for at least a few years, but when the time comes to book our summer break it’s always top of the list.
Suffolk dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by hutton5 View Post
So this is what we said we would do after our trip to Florida at Halloween last year. Just so we could take the kids to other places, however when it came to booking this year's holiday no where was getting me excited like Florida does I was looking at these lovely places but I couldn't bring myself to book anywhere and then last night I ended up booking 4 weeks in florida! Lol I couldn't help myself and I am so excited and I'm so happy to be back on the dibb. Oh how I've missed it.
Have you travelled around Florida? Some stunning areas. Have you travelled around USA? We've been to 25 states and the kids have been to many with us. There's so much to see in USA and you can combine with theme parks etc. Last year we went to NYC, Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard (that bit was more for adults ) and Pennsylvania and Hershey where we went to Hershey Park for a few days and rode all the big coasters a couple of times.
It was great!
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
hutton5
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Have you travelled around Florida? Some stunning areas. Have you travelled around USA? We've been to 25 states and the kids have been to many with us. There's so much to see in USA and you can combine with theme parks etc. Last year we went to NYC, Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard (that bit was more for adults ) and Pennsylvania and Hershey where we went to Hershey Park for a few days and rode all the big coasters a couple of times.
It was great!
Yes I just love all of usa. We are just back from NYC. It's just when it comes to finding somewhere that ticks all the boxes Florida is perfect. We don't plan to do any parks this trip as we love to just drive around exploring new places.
hutton5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by hutton5 View Post
Yes I just love all of usa. We are just back from NYC. It's just when it comes to finding somewhere that ticks all the boxes Florida is perfect. We don't plan to do any parks this trip as we love to just drive around exploring new places.
I think NYC is good to visit but it's a big city obviously. If you want places more relaxed I'd get road trips sorted.
A great one is fly to Atlanta, drive up to the Smokies (lovely cabins around pidgeon forge and Gatlinburg) then drive down into the Carolinas- Savannah and Charleston, then to Hilton Head Island. HHI is one of my favourite places.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List