Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 Feb 18, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

Recommend me a London hotel

OH has a ticket for a NFL game in London on 28 October and was planning to fly down and back in a day. However, no holiday this year so I’m thinking we could make a weekend of it .

We’d probably take in a show, have a wander round Covent Garden and do a fair bit of eating .

Any suggestions on where to stay? We like simple, modern hotels that don’t cost the earth (though in London I guess that’s not going to happen).
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
What about a premier inn? My other half and I visited London last month and for two nights in a premier inn hub just a couple of minutes walk away from Westminster Abbey it cost us £90 altogether. The rooms were clean and modern and were perfect as somewhere just to sleep. We usually go to London every year and always go for a cheap premier inn and they’re always really good value for money.

Edited at 11:22 AM.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

Thanks Klr15 I’d looked at premier inn but there are so many I didn’t have a clue what area would be best! I’ve bedn to London but it was around 10 years ago so I imagine quite a bit has changed.
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Flimsey
Very Serious Dibber

Flimsey's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We always stay in premier inn as they have family rooms the best located one is County Hall near the London eye. The location is amazing and you can walk to most of the main sights
Flimsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

I use the Travelodge Covent Garden (on Drury Lane). Nothing special but very clean and cheap and great location.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
I use the Travelodge Covent Garden (on Drury Lane). Nothing special but very clean and cheap and great location.
That would be my choice. So much to see in that area and close by - Chinatown, Leicester Sq, Piccadilly Circus etc. Lovely for a late afternoon/evening stroll.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
jorm35
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Another vote here for premier inn county hall - so convenient for everything and very reasonably priced
Old 18 Feb 18, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
angel191078
VIP Dibber

Hi
We have also booked tickets for the NFL at Wembley but for both games. We will be staying in and around covent garden. The Amba Hotel(Charing Cross) is fab but can be a bit expensive. We are hoping a deal may come up nearer the time. A couple of the premier inn Hubs are high on Trip advisor so would be more than happy to use either of them.

angel191078 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Premier Inn Hub Westminster is fantastic , Ive stayed there 3 times in the last 6 months.
They have breakfast for £6, 2-4-1 cocktails from 5-7pm, free coffee all day, staff are fantastic and its super clean as its very new.
I also use Travelodge Covent Garden and thats also good, will be there again in three weeks as I could'nt get into the Hub this time.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by cheekydeeky View Post
Thanks Klr15 I’d looked at premier inn but there are so many I didn’t have a clue what area would be best! I’ve bedn to London but it was around 10 years ago so I imagine quite a bit has changed.
The one we stayed in, the hub on Tothill road was really good! It was about a minutes walk away from tube station too which was really handy. I’d also recommend the premier inn at Tower Bridge, also excellent and great location.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List