Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Feb 18, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I know it’s too late but I use a cheap call number. Might be worth saving for future reference.

justcall/#modalrates
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sunny1
Excited about Disney

your bank or credit card could have dealt with this for you

and as for using your mobile then i'm afraid you made that choice, you knew the call would not be free yet you still made it

should have, would have, could have ?

I doubt you will get this refunded from Disney but I would still ask because they could not deal with it on the free phone number
sunny1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

I appreciate that you are frustrated. But you have chosen to save money by not having a land line leaving your mobile as your main phone. That is a choice you made and there are down sides which you are now experiencing.
There are other options available (Skype among others). Are you a BT customer? If so then there is SmartTalk.
However, for the sake of an email it is worth contacting them to see what they will do for you.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

I know it's too late but if I have to call the states I use one of the numbers already mentioned.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
wheety1621
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Write it down in an email and attach the phone bill to guest.services@disneyworld.com (they are US based) and see if that makes a difference.

Did you get the 2 overpayment back when calling them? If not include that in the email too!
wheety1621 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Hi I would email them too. If the job was done properly there should of been no need to phone them jn the first place. Regardless of mobiles or landlines the fact you had to phone the states would of cost you regardless, whether it's £1 or £100 is not the point, you should not of had to make that call! I think if the email does not solve it...speak to customer service manager upon arrival..I think of as a good will guesture you may receive the funds back in a gift card with a little bit of magic dollar dust included
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

I would have made the original complaint in writing (e.g. an email) as I would have expected they would want some evidence about the duplicate charges to be able to follow it up. Alternatively, it might have been an error at the credit card company doing the same transaction more than once, so I would have contacted them, also in writing. Emails are free. If it hadn't been sorted by time I went, I would have complained to Guest Services in person whilst there.

Sorry to be unsympathetic, but if you use a mobile (or a landline for that matter), you must be aware of what calls cost and that international calls are expensive!
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinker-mum
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by ianc View Post
I would have made the original complaint in writing (e.g. an email) as I would have expected they would want some evidence about the duplicate charges to be able to follow it up. Alternatively, it might have been an error at the credit card company doing the same transaction more than once, so I would have contacted them, also in writing. Emails are free. If it hadn't been sorted by time I went, I would have complained to Guest Services in person whilst there.

Sorry to be unsympathetic, but if you use a mobile (or a landline for that matter), you must be aware of what calls cost and that international calls are expensive!
I know I'm super savvy normally and cross with myself tbh.

Normally that's exactly what I would have done but we were super tight for cash and they took the payment 3 times... i needed that money to pay for our villa deadline day 2 days later so didn't have any choice.

I tried to contact my bank first as that was free and they said they couldn't refund their end because all 3 payments were showing as approved and not declined like Disney had said at the time.
Tinker-mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Google hangouts is free to call usa, i use it all the time, downloads the app, its an internet call, i know it wont help u noe but good to have for future
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinker-mum
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney babe View Post
Google hangouts is free to call usa, i use it all the time, downloads the app, its an internet call, i know it wont help u noe but good to have for future
Thanks so much for the tip x
Tinker-mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread