Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Feb 18, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Charter travel changed flight time

Hi all, we are going to Orlando in November, there is ten of us going, a party of 6 and a party of four, we (party of six) booked through virgin, and the party of four booked flights only via charter travel but were booked on same flight as us, well just had an email (I’m in charge of their booking) staying they are now on the later flight! Pulling my hair out slightly as it’s the in laws who have NEVER flown before so I know they won’t be keen on flying without us, any idea on why they have done this? I know it’s not the be all and end all A’s by the time we are through security and got the car and everything they will be landed but still a pain in the bum
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

Have you checked that Virgin hasn't moved you to the other flight too? Virgin Atlantic has been making lots of changes to its flights throughout the year. This is partly because of a shortage of planes due to technical problems with engines on its 787 planes, and partly because of operational reasons - if there are 2 flights that are not selling well, they combine them.

You didn't make it clear, but I got the impression that you may have booked a package holiday through Virgin Holidays - a different company to Virgin Atlantic who are an airline. It could be that VH hasn't got round to telling you yet, whereas Charter were more efficient and passed the news from VA on promptly, in which case you are blaming Charter unfairly - Charter don't change the flights, VA does.
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Oh dear, I had better link my bookings as we have two separate ones as well. What a pain.

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Hi we go 19th Oct and have booked through charter . They have emailed us yesterday to say our Virgin flight is 10.30 am now instead of 12.45 so I am happy with that as we get there earlier. The flight back is half an hour later
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thanks all! We have just rang virgin and we have been moved too so think they have just combined the flights, although we are at the moment on separate flights on the way home, that I’m not too worried about because they will know what to expect. So panic over for now anyway lol
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List