Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 1 Dec 17, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Hertz at MCO

Place you picked the car up from:- MCO
Catergory of car hired:-Convertable, Camero or similar
Make of car you got:- Camero RS
Hire car company used:- Hertz

Front seat adjusted for an adult driving, not a lot of leg room in the back. Entrance is very difficult, unless your your nimble, due to the front seat belt impeding the way into the back.

Top up. Room for 2 medium suitcases and a couple of small carry ons down the side.

Top down. Couldn’t even get one of the suitcases in he trunk.
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 06:28 AM  
Link to this Post
milesb
Trainee Dibber

Place you picked the car up from:- MIA
Category of car hired:- Midsize SUV
Make of car you got:- Chevrolet Suburban Premier
Hire car company used:- Avis through BA
Dates:- 04/12/17 - 15/12/17

We booked a midsize SUV as part of a BA flydrive, I am already a member of Avis preferred so went straight to the office in the garage and asked if they had any SUV’s with Apple CarPlay, they offered me the Suburban as a free exchange

It’s a 2017 model with all the extras including heated/cooled seats, lane keep assist, blind spot monitoring, active cruise control, working sat nav, Wifi hotspot etc etc

On the run from Miami to Jensen Beach we averaged 21 mpg which I didn’t think was bad at all for a V8.

Boot space with the third row of seats up

Boot space with the third row of seats down

Size compared to a “normal” SUV, they are level at the front
September 2019 Jensen Beach
September 2023 Bradenton
milesb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 18, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Place you picked the car up from:- ORLANDO AIRPORT
Category of car hired:- Intermediate SUV
Make of car you got:- Chevy Traverse (Premium X-over) the car was sitting in the Int SUV row
Hire car company used:- ALAMO Germany, Master Paket.
Dates:- 3 weeks - August 2017

chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

Car hired at MIA
BA flydrive with Avis
Nissan Rogue INT SUV
3300 on the clock
Reversing camera, cruise control, blue tooth etc
05/04/18 -19/04/18

Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Paddcomp
Imagineer

Car hired at MCO
BA with Avis
Ford Edge SUV booked, Edge Titanium provided
8200 on the clock
Reversing camera, cruise control, bluetooth, Sat Nav etc
23/03/18 - 02/04/18

Due to a cracked windshield I had to return the car to MCO to swap out for a Ford Explorer. The Explorer was similar to drive to the Edge, but has a third row of seats and a little bigger, not that you need it. Economy wasn't any worse, both had a 2.7L Ecoboost engine.

02/04/18 to 07/04/18
Ford Explorer
Sat Nav, Bluetooth, additional rear AC, third row of seats, front and rear cameras.

Then there's the Explorer's party trick, handy as with a hire car you never know how those fold down seats work. Still room for luggage and little legs.

Easter 2014 - Oak Island cove Dibb Villa
Easter 2018 - Lindfields Dibb Villa
Paddcomp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 18, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
pacswoman
Proud to wear my Ears

Alamo Standard SUV Miami

Straight to garage as normal. Lots of SUV's in the line, pretty much all Sante Fe's, couple of Dodge Journeys and 1 Ford Edge.

Had a friendly word with manager, but couldn't give me anything bigger unless I wanted one of the Vans.

Chose the Ford Edge, as was pretty new, just over 3000 miles on clock.

Nice drive, would have one again. Shame it didn't have GPS, but we had our own anyway, so no big issue.

Edited at 09:48 PM.
pacswoman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 18, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
J&C
Proud to wear my Ears

J&C's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Place you picked the car up from:- MCO, November'18, 3 weeks
Catergory of car hired:- Convertible - Mustang or similar
Make of car you got:- Chevrolet Camaro RS
Hire car company used:- Alamo Brits, £650 for 3 weeks

Since this was our wedding and honeymoon trip I really wanted a convertible, preferably a Mustang. Carly was against the idea since we were away for 3 weeks and had lots of wedding luggage, but my reasoning was "if we can't do it for our wedding trip then when can we?"

I had done my research and was warned to stay away from the Camaro since the trunk is smaller and has less luggage space. Of course upon arrival at MCO all that was left were 2 Camaro's - a white one and a grey. I asked the attendant if they had a Mustang "out back" but there were none

So after about 30mins of me trying to shoe-horn all our gear into the boot and onto the back seat of the Camaro, we were away. It was just the 2 of us, so we got one large hard case and one soft holdall in the trunk, one hard case, wedding dress box and hand luggage on the back seats.

In the end we absolutely loved this car, it both looks and sounds great! It drove so nicely with plenty of power and although thirsty, managed to cruise down to Tampa and back on just under half a tank.

Feb 2013 - Villa/Hilton Downtown DisneyJan 2015 - Disney's Port Orleans Resort/Buena Vista Palace - the Engagement trip! Mar 2016 - Disney's Caribbean Beach ResortNov 2016 - Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Nov 2017 - Disney Wedding, Yacht Club & Animal Kingdom LodgeNov 2018-Saratoga Springs Resort Nov 2019-Disney's Yacht Club Resort

Edited at 06:02 PM.
J&C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

Mobile

Hire company Alamo through Andy at Discount Florida car hire.
Pick up from Orlando international.
Class ordered Full size saloon.
Car picked Chevy Impala premium.
Great car with good trunk and sat nav.
see
Old 1 May 18, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Audi Q7

Alamo
Booked a Standard Suv.
Three weeks from 27th April.
Collected from MCO.
A week before departure upgraded to premium elite suv (X3) for £140. Total 3 wk price £688. Available elsewhere for £3000. Odd it was offered at much less than full size. On arrival offered Audi Q7. Bad flight but this had me cheerful in seconds.

Edited at 09:24 PM.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 18, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Pudders
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile VIDEO - Our Alamo SUV - May 2018

Just thought some folks would like to see our SUV tour to get an idea of size. 👍🏻

Tags
alamo, avis, avis preffered, budget, car hire, compact, dollar, full size, hertz, intermediate, midsize, mini van, sixt, standard, suv, thrifty