Notices

Old 28 Apr 15, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

You trip sounds amazing - looking forward to your trippy
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 15, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
SarahJayne
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smedley View Post
Lovely pre-trip sounds like a fab holiday, looking forward to reading about it afterwards
Thank you and thanks for reading!

Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
Ha, you've started! All sounds fabulous. Don't bother booking a transfer from JFK to Manhatten, a taxis the best way to go just book something with Dial 7 for the return journey leaving yourself plenty of time.

Two weeks until I'm off to Houston

Sharon xxx
Didn't think we'd fit all 4 huge cases plus hand luggage in a taxi which is why we were planning on a car service.

Can't believe how quickly your Houston trip has come around - have an amazing time!

Originally Posted by MissVincent View Post
You trip sounds amazing - looking forward to your trippy
I know! Getting very excited now thanks for reading
Old 30 Apr 15, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
SarahJayne
Imagineer

*UPDATE*

So it's been a busy week this week, I think posting this trippy made us realise that we had quite a bit still left to book and organise!
So we cracked on an applied for our ESTA’s. Even though Adam and I have been to America numerous times and we’ve all been twice in the last 4 years I still get really nervous that we are going to get rejected! We did it late on Monday night and then went straight to bed and by Tuesday morning they had all gone through with no problems. Phew!

Next up was booking tickets for the One World Observatory. Adam and I were in New York and visited the World Trade Centre on Sept 11th 2000 (it still gives me goose bumps thinking about that) it was a dream of mine to visit New York and we had an amazing 7 days there. A year later when the twin towers came down we were living in London and Adam was working in the City. He got evacuated and sent home along with the rest of central London and I watched the footage at home shocked, amazed and devastated about what was happening. Adam was working (and still does work) for JP Morgan, they’re an American investment bank with 3 floors of offices in the trade centre and they lost many people that day. It touched us deeply as it did many others around the world.

And so there was no way that we would go back to New York, and not visit the 9/11 memorial, the 9/11 museum and now the One World Observatory. It’s going to be a bittersweet experience to pay our respects but to also celebrate the opening of this new amazing building. The observation deck opens next month and it looks absolutely stunning. Fully interactive with what looks like the best lift ever, I really can’t wait. The website is really good too – take a look here.

So we were undecided for ages whether to do the Empire State Building or Top of the Rock. The kids really wanted to do the Empire State Building but I was keen on Top of the Rock because then you get the amazing view of the Empire State and central park and we couldn’t really fit in both so in the end we let the kids decide and agreed that next time we’d do Top of the Rock (They’ll always be
a next time when it comes to NYC )

We ended up booking the tickets through Attraction Tickets Direct along with the 48 hour all loops bus tour. We only booked them last night and have already had confirmation that they have been posted!

So we managed to tick those four things off the list! Oh and we put a few hundred dollars on the travel card and even did our API’s – super organised!

Still plenty to do though including booking the trolley tour in San Diego, the Disneyland Express and the NYC car service. But we have a very rare child free weekend as of tomorrow so we’re heading to Birmingham to get a good start on the holiday shopping – love a bit of a spree!

That’s all for now Dibbers!

Much love. Sarah xxx
Old 2 May 15, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Sounds like you've got a lot more done Love a bit of shopping, dangerous in the bullring though, the money just disappears lol

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 15, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Fantastic pretrippie and update. Sounds like a wonderful trip! Disneyland won't disappoint! Can't wait for the trippie!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 15, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
SarahJayne
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smedley View Post
Sounds like you've got a lot more done Love a bit of shopping, dangerous in the bullring though, the money just disappears lol
Tell me about it! I didn't go too mad though. Got 4 tops and a maxi dress (Oasis had 20% off everything - I LOVE that shop!) super dry skirt, cardigan for the flight (I always get a travelling outfit ) and some ted baker sunglasses. Oh and a new phone case for my new iPhone 6 but that's not for the holiday! Lol!

Originally Posted by NatsyNoo View Post
Fantastic pretrippie and update. Sounds like a wonderful trip! Disneyland won't disappoint! Can't wait for the trippie!
Thank you and thanks for reading, I'm so excited now and were only 9 days off double digits!
Old 5 May 15, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
academy
slightly serious Dibber

Found your trippie now

Looking fab can't wait to read more
academy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 15, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
SarahJayne
Imagineer

Originally Posted by academy View Post
Found your trippie now

Looking fab can't wait to read more
Thanks for reading

And can't believe you're in Bucknall!

Looking forward to hearing about your DD's reaction when she finds out about NYC
Old 6 May 15, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
SuzyM
Very Serious Dibber

SuzyM's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
All sounds great - I haven't been to New York before but already planning in my head when we might go there - possibly 2017 as we have already booked Florida for 2016

We're now into double digits - exciting isn't it. I booked our San Diego Trolley tour tickets yesterday! I was going to book just the tour but ended up booking the ones with the inclusive tickets to the USS Midway as part of it - then that will be our first stop to hop off there and go into the Museum for an hour or so. We are not really into museums but I thought if we booked the tickets we would go in and we probably won't spend too long in there (but who knows until we get there!).

Suzy
TDL and DLHK: July/Aug 2017; DCL: 2023 Alaska (Wonder)
SuzyM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 15, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
SarahJayne
Imagineer

:)

Originally Posted by SuzyM View Post
All sounds great - I haven't been to New York before but already planning in my head when we might go there - possibly 2017 as we have already booked Florida for 2016

We're now into double digits - exciting isn't it. I booked our San Diego Trolley tour tickets yesterday! I was going to book just the tour but ended up booking the ones with the inclusive tickets to the USS Midway as part of it - then that will be our first stop to hop off there and go into the Museum for an hour or so. We are not really into museums but I thought if we booked the tickets we would go in and we probably won't spend too long in there (but who knows until we get there!).

Suzy
Fab! We still need to book the trolley tour. It looks like it's going to be a great way to get around and see lots of the city the USS Midway is supossed to be brilliant. We're still undecided about it, think we'll play it by ear when we're actually there...

Great that you're in double digits! Tuesday for us planning a special American themed tea to celebrate!