Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Oct 16, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
sassysar
Apprentice Imagineer

sassysar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Miami and cruise costings

Hi I thought I would post my costings for our trip,
I won't do a complete breakdown but here are the main events

2 ad 2 teens (14,15 )

Bunking them off 2 days early at xmas as it saved a fortune - really nothing important happening those days

So December 17 th to 28th - 13 nights (plus premier inn on 16th at Newcastle )

BA /aa flights to Miami. - £1204
Various hotels in Miami and key largo mix of Avios and hotel points and some cash
7 night eastern Caribean cruise Holland America in a Neptune suite £2527
Drinks cards for cruise
Car 4 days , 2 cruise trips , Miami Heat basketball 2 tickets , airport parking , insurance , Estas , premier inn

We have 7 days food and drinks sorted on the cruise and 3 other breakfasts in the hotels , I also get laundry done for free on the boat

Grand total. £ 5094 or £1273 each

It's our silver anniversary so spoiling ourselves but I think I got some bargains ( kids cruised free )

It would have been even better if the dollar had been better rate for us but that's life !

My first cruise so v excited
sassysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 16, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Looks like you have put together a good value package there - especially in a Neptune Suite. Are you on the Zuiderdam?
We've been on about ten cruises with Holland America and on the Zuiderdam through the Panama Canal.
You'll have a great time. HAL has an older demographic and isn't known for its kids/teens facilities - however this should be different over the holiday period. Your itinerary should keep you busy - what do you have planned?
We leave on 1Nov for 26 nights on the Volendam in the Far East - we think the service on HAL is one of the best - prepare to be spoiled rotten.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 16, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Have a great time!
Old 7 Oct 16, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
sassysar
Apprentice Imagineer

sassysar's Reviews
Thanks omega and bats we are on the Eurodam . I have booked Segway round one of the islands and swimming with stingrays . I have read so many reviews on everything and loved planning it all . I think the teens will be ok for a week but if we were going for longer Royal Carribean would have been more suitable . V excited and hoping it's not my new addiction otherwise we will be broke forever 😄

Edited at 07:37 AM.
sassysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 16, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Oh dear. You had better prepare to be broke forever! 😎
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 16, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Sounds like a great Holiday planned ... please please please take some photo's and do a high's and low's on the Cruise as HAL have some great itineraries and we are looking at other cruise lines for the next couple of years..
Old 7 Oct 16, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread