Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 15 Jan 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnyDuck
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
I always have one case inside another unless you can get a coupon or
a sale luggage can be expensive
Yes, we do this too
DonnyDuck is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Some great prices over here on suitcases at the moment.. If you have the luggage allowance then I'd buy over here.. Only really looked at cases in Walmart which I thought were expensive
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We always buy an extra case from the fleamarkets, you can go ok ones and really cheap $20 ones that we use for bringing stuff back and either chuck them or reuse them another time or two but can’t grumble at $20 and just means we don’t have to carry more than one on the flight out
glenandem is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Grandee
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lovesholidays View Post
We have bought cases before from T J Maxx, can’t quite remember the prices but we always thought they were a good price. Much cheaper than the suitcase shops like in the outlets etc.
Decent prices (and choices) at Ross too, though have to admit you'll do better to avoid the 'tourist' Ross stores. . We're still using a soft-sided 'nesting' case we bought 6 or 7 trips ago at a Ross store near Savannah, Georgia.
Grandee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
dexdis
Trying for More Ears

dexdis's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
When I went in 2003 I took a case which ended up not being enough for the goodies purchased so bought a soft sports in Target, on sale for three dollars, did the trick with buying a lock for it, and still using said bag to this day
dexdis is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs rcch
Imagineer

Bought a large wheeled hold-all in Walmart, good and sturdy, $22, managed the trip up damaged in the hold. All folded up and ready to use this year 👍🏻
I don’t have a very good track record with suitcases, they always end up damaged, fully expected this to be wrecked. Presently surprised to find it undamaged on the luggage carousel at Manchester
mrs rcch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

Look at Walmart online. You can get great prices and you can click and collect in store. We’ve made big savings from in store prices.
Old 18 Jan 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Ash
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrs rcch View Post
Bought a large wheeled hold-all in Walmart, good and sturdy, $22, managed the trip up damaged in the hold. All folded up and ready to use this year 👍🏻
I don’t have a very good track record with suitcases, they always end up damaged, fully expected this to be wrecked. Presently surprised to find it undamaged on the luggage carousel at Manchester
I bought a rolling duffel for at Walmart for my daughter when I bought my kids to England, direct flight from Chicago to Heathrow and it was damaged in 3 places... it was returned when we got home.
Old 18 Jan 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
headpin
Getting Excited

Do not buy luggage in the outlets or “normal” retails stores. Ross, TJ Maxx, Home Goods (part of TJMaxx group) or Marshall’s are by far and away the best place to buy branded luggage. They normally have a good selection including Samsonite. Try and go to stores away from the busy tourist areas for best selection.

We have bought all our Samsonite spinners this way.
headpin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
We got a bargain a few years back buying a 5 piece set from walmart and theyve done quite well but theyre starting to wear.

Personally i would buy it here if you can get it at the price you want, we got a great hard shell case from tesco bright yellow lightweight for £12.50 in the sale. It got damaged a few trips back and replaced for a free of charge black hard shell.

Tesco have had some lightweight ones on sale recently.