Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Oct 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
asmidir
Excited about Disney

I think my optimism is bordering on the desperate though ...I keep logging into my flight booking for no obvious reason (seats are booked!) I think it seems more 'real', like there's more chance of it happening 😀

See, I told you, nuts!
asmidir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I don't call it nuts. I call it hope and optimism, which is needed on here.

Edited at 11:02 AM.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We are a family with boys of 17 and 14 as of our last vacation. We purchased an Universal 14 and a D.C. ultimate. Disney is no longer of interest to any of us and has not featured in our last 5 visits.

If a ‘Chernobyl’ were to hit Orlando and the whole area closed for ever, I would still consider Florida as right near the top of my Holiday vacation list regardless, particularly if I wanted to stick to one State.. Whilst it was theme parks that drew us to the area in the first place, as the years have gone by that draw has diminished to the extent that in our last, 11 day visit (as part of a wider vacation) it resulted in 2 full days Universal, 1 in D.C., 1 in SW and of course, 1 in BG.

Yes, I understand that for the majority of DIBBERS, Theme parks are king to the extent that many never even leave the Disney bubble, yet alone the Orlando area. We all have different priorities and that is the way of life. No criticism is intended in any way.

We have been through Orlando 9 times in 14 yrs (and California once). At the end of our last vacation, we sat down and each of us listed our 4 highlights of the Florida phase of our vacation.

1. Rainbow River at Dunellon. 4 votes.
2. Horse riding at the Lazy H ranch. 4 votes.
3. Buffalo Tigers Airboat ride. 4 votes and agreed to be vastly superior to our other 7 Orlando airboat rides in previous years.
4. Discovery Cove 2 votes.
5. Delnor Wiggins State Park in Naples. 2 votes (from the 2 who went).

You will note that out of 16 voting selections, only one park got any votes at all (D.C.). Rainbow River was no1 with all 4 of us.

If we looked at our wider experiences, then I believe that Pensacola would be our no1 location and that 7 mile bridge area, Key West, Naples and Destin would all score very heavily.

What I am trying to say is that (if it weren’t California, Arizona, Nevada next year), We would happily go to Florida, even if every theme park was totally shut. When you look wider, there are simply so many alternative things to do in the area. Yes, book the flights, but don’t worry if you find all the parks shut or restricted. There are plenty of brilliant other options.
Perhaps those DIBBER’s of a like mind to my own have the experience to be aware of this fact and are staying loose and flexible whilst snapping up some great prices with generous rescheduling options? They may limit or even cut out theme park attendance whilst cancelling those tickets, should it become unnecessarily onerous.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 11:18 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I would love to visit other parts of Florida but I go solo and can't drive for health reasons so my options are limited.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I would love to visit other parts of Florida but I go solo and can't drive for health reasons so my options are limited.
There’s a few American coach companies that do domestic coach tours which appear popular with Americans and Canadians which include Florida. You can be as sociable or not as you choose. Might be an option .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
There’s a few American coach companies that do domestic coach tours which appear popular with Americans and Canadians which include Florida. You can be as sociable or not as you choose. Might be an option .
Brilliant, thank you. I'll look into that. Some of my favourite holidays over the years have been coach tours.
Old 26 Oct 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Quertychap
Excited about Disney

Yes, you are nuts!
Quertychap is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List